Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 09:48 PM

30 posts, read 160,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Hey I live in Mexico and it's true, we are happy people

viva mexico cabr*nes!!

Concerning the economy, yes it is getting better I remember when I was a kid, you couldn't save, get a loan, get a mortgage for a house, it was simply impossible because there was hyperinflation and chronic devaluations, honestly i don't know how we made it through but we did, the last economic meltdown we had was in 1994 and it was baaaad, I remember that one the most because I was a bit older, that crisis was so bad that it accelerated the democratic process here, since then we've got economic stability, low inflation, an stable currency and a thriving middle class, there is a lot to be done yet tho, specially in the poorest, most forgotten states and communities but I think we are in the right track so far.

Our first democratic president was a deception (imho) but I guess that we voted him in not because of his strong leadership but because we wanted to finish the former 71 years old one party regime, however he did one or two things right, and I have faith in Calderon, I think he's much more wiser and has proven to be much more succesful in convincing the quarreling parties in congress to pass laws that benefit us all.

imho it will take time for mexico to become a first world country but we'll get there, I strongly believe it!!

Hello Traveling Fella, I've read some of your posted messages and it is just great that you are from Mexico and let your voice heard. Being Mexican is great our country is one of the most beautiful in the world we have everything and Mexican people couldn't be nicer, warmer, welcoming individuals our country is soo rich in culture, history, values we are still a happy country because family is first and there's more in life than work all the time to be able to retire by the time you are 66 and your life has gone by in our Mexico there is more quality of life nothing to do with money or how much you make maybe middle income families there make much less than middle income families in the states but they enjoy it, share it life is to live it and not to save it for the future.
Mexico DO need more people like you tho.. those who are not afraid to speak that know our roots and want to let the world know about it and optimistic that will try no matter what to make our country a better place for future generations. we are not there yet but is in our hands now the young generations to teach our kids to lend a helping hand to each other instead of pulling the successful back down to get together and love our country, our roots and make a BIG deal about it because we have so very much to be proud of.
that being said, maybe people won't agree with me in this one but I'm living out of mexico for several years and that was when I realized how great that country is.
Unfortunately people has a totally different idea of what mexico is and maybe someone that has or is living abroad will know that, is up to us to show them how great our country is

MISS EVERYTHING LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 09:59 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
I would be happy too if i lived in mexico. There is so many nice beaches and mexico is the site of two ancient civilizations, whose achievements are only surpassed by the egyptians.
Actually, while in Mexico City, I spent several days in Chapultepec Park, I walked around the Castillo several times, (I was in the Marine Corps several centuries ago) and I could not figure out how the Jarheads ever scaled the cliffs, much less the wall, to get inside the "Halls of Montezuma" but... the most amazing was in the Museo National de Antropologia, It seems that the Mexican Pyramides are older than those of Egypt, and at least a few of the old Egyptian Icons were of Mayan design. As in the case of two apparently identical sacrificial knives, the one on top was Egyptian, the bottom one was a thousand years older and from Mexico. There were a whole lot of this type of thing in the Museo, ergo, I disagree that the Mexican achievements were surpassed by the Egyptians, the Pharoahs were copycats, como se dice "copycat" en espanol, por favor? D

Old 10-31-2007, 01:10 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Default Here we go again, Mexican being hard workers.....

When are we going to stop perpetuating this myth that Mexicans are hard workers, it's as if everyone else here isn't hardworking. Just because a number of them do physical work, doesn't translate to hard-working. They don't work any harder than anyone else I know of. Moderator cut: put down

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 10-31-2007 at 04:48 AM.. Reason: put down

Old 10-31-2007, 01:12 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
A good article here in the Economist Magazine showing Mexico is getting very strong in its economy as it seeks to become an Economic Powerhouse under Calderon....

Mexico's economy | Braced for contagion | Economist.com
i was jus there doin root canal at 1/4 the cost.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 11-14-2007, 11:05 AM

411 posts, read 1,601,289 times
Mexico is a beautiful country and overall the people are very pleasant. The biggest problem it faces, as I see it, is that the population is too large to be supported by existing resources. Mexico needs to address its population growth seriously before an inroads are made to ensure its economic success and longevity.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:42 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleenh54 View Post
Mexico is a beautiful country and overall the people are very pleasant. The biggest problem it faces, as I see it, is that the population is too large to be supported by existing resources. Mexico needs to address its population growth seriously before an inroads are made to ensure its economic success and longevity.
Quote:
Women are having fewer children, and more of them are joining the workforce, giving households more money to spend and save.
Source :Middle class Mexico - Business Filter - The Boston Globe

Picture source: Business Filter
Middle class Mexico - Business Filter - The Boston Globe

Old 11-23-2007, 06:46 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CONNOR'SMAMA View Post
Hello Traveling Fella, I've read some of your posted messages and it is just great that you are from Mexico and let your voice heard. Being Mexican is great our country is one of the most beautiful in the world we have everything and Mexican people couldn't be nicer, warmer, welcoming individuals our country is soo rich in culture, history, values we are still a happy country because family is first and there's more in life than work all the time to be able to retire by the time you are 66 and your life has gone by in our Mexico there is more quality of life nothing to do with money or how much you make maybe middle income families there make much less than middle income families in the states but they enjoy it, share it life is to live it and not to save it for the future.
Mexico DO need more people like you tho.. those who are not afraid to speak that know our roots and want to let the world know about it and optimistic that will try no matter what to make our country a better place for future generations. we are not there yet but is in our hands now the young generations to teach our kids to lend a helping hand to each other instead of pulling the successful back down to get together and love our country, our roots and make a BIG deal about it because we have so very much to be proud of.
that being said, maybe people won't agree with me in this one but I'm living out of mexico for several years and that was when I realized how great that country is.
Unfortunately people has a totally different idea of what mexico is and maybe someone that has or is living abroad will know that, is up to us to show them how great our country is

MISS EVERYTHING LOL
This is totally true my friend, we Mexicans should be feel blessed of our roots and show share our blessings with our brothers from other countries

Love and Light!

Old 11-23-2007, 05:28 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Thats very good to hear about Mexico's Middle Class.

A good story on Latin America's Middle Class Rising.
Latin America's middle class | Adiós to poverty, hola to consumption | Economist.com

Old 11-25-2007, 01:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Othon View Post
Apparently Mexico is among the happiest countries in the planet, which I don't doubt.

[
Except for the over 600 Mexicans last year who died trying to get out of it.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CONNOR'SMAMA View Post

MISS EVERYTHING LOL
It seems to me that Mexico is a great country for the wealthy who live there -- whether they are Mexican upper class or Americans with money to retire in another country.

But as far as where Americans get their impressions -- we see the Mexican refugees who tell us they came because people are starving to death in Mexico, cannot find work, and are robbed by the police and so on.

Mexicans trekking through the desert with little more than the shirt on their backs, willing to risk 110 degree heat, or Mexicans drowning in the canals and rivers. It seems that Mexico does very well for some, very poorly for others.

And the first thing those about to be sent back will say -- they're terrified to have to go back. Not good advertisement you must admit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico