Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 06:34 PM

275 posts, read 978,373 times

Advertisements

I am spaniard, and i live in Lomas de Chapultepec is a little bit more expensive than Polanco. Many years ago this nhood used to live a lot of wealthy americans, nowadays you only see mexicans, and some foreign people living in the neigh...

Unfortunately this is changing, and now houses are changing for buildingos of ten floors, in consequence street vendors begin to appear, because the new buildings are only offices.

Here is very clean, despite mestizos always throw garbage in the streets, drive very rude...everything is changing.

I would say that 95% of the people who live in Lomas and Polanco is white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 08:39 AM

836 posts, read 2,948,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisito View Post
I am spaniard, and i live in Lomas de Chapultepec is a little bit more expensive than Polanco. Many years ago this nhood used to live a lot of wealthy americans, nowadays you only see mexicans, and some foreign people living in the neigh...

Unfortunately this is changing, and now houses are changing for buildingos of ten floors, in consequence street vendors begin to appear, because the new buildings are only offices.

Here is very clean, despite mestizos always throw garbage in the streets, drive very rude...everything is changing.

I guess you're lying, if you had lived there, there is no way you went in bus to shooping to McAllen

Old 12-15-2012, 06:33 PM

10,083 posts, read 14,952,774 times
For those of you that would like to know what some of the people here are talking about, but don't have the luxury of actually visiting Mexico and much less visit the wealthier areas, Google Street View is the next best thing.

Here are a few of the ritziest areas of Mexico City (there are many more, its a huge city and there is no way I'm going to search all of those places to show here).

Lomas de Chapultepec

Santa Fe

Polanco

Old 12-15-2012, 10:43 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
Huge Tall Bldgs with a lot of Glass.....NO Thanxs. Lived in Mexico City (Centro Narvarte) for three yrs.....middle class neighborhood with two story houses.

As for the first picture saw a similiar house in Acapulco over looking the bay in avg area.....nothing big.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:47 AM

In the links on my previous post, in the lower right corner is a yellow doll on a map, you can move it around to get a feel for each neighborhood. Also, on the upper left corner is a compass, you can click on the right or left arrows and see the photo in 360 degrees.

Here is a nice avenue in Lomas de Chapultepec: Paseo de Las Palmas

Old 12-16-2012, 12:23 PM

154 posts, read 454,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisito View Post

dont tell me all spaniards are white, even spaniards are mestizos whith some white people. and you are wrong 95% of the people that live in lomas and polanco are mexicans, try saing something disrespectful, about mexico to thouse white mexicans and you find out if they put their skin coloure above their nationality. if you are from spain and you are an immigratn in mexico, why do you talk about mestizos in such a derogatory way. you should be grateful to them that you are allowed to live and work in their county. if you dont like it, go back to you country, see if you can get a job in spain.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:41 PM

275 posts, read 978,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post
I guess you're lying, if you had lived there, there is no way you went in bus to shooping to McAllen
When i said that. Yes because im 22 and my parents dont give me money for travel, and for buying stuff too.

What i do is take a plane to Reynosa and then travel by bus up to McAllen jajajaja

Old 12-16-2012, 06:26 PM

Here is an excerpt of an interesting article related to the topic of this thread:

Quote:
These days, Mexico City has a seemingly insatiable hunger for the upscale. While the United States cautiously soothes its nerves after the financial crisis, the Federal District is awash in immense construction projects, luxury brands and product-shilling American celebrities. Madonna opened her first gym, Hard Candy Fitness, here in late November, and Katy Perry, Olivia Wilde and Paris Hilton have all swung by for promotional events in recent months.

“With the U.S. market set to be challenging for luxury brands in the next few years, there is opportunity for retailers in South America with its emerging markets such as Brazil and now, Mexico,” said Kate Ormrod, an associate analyst at Verdict, an arm of business research firm The Datamonitor Group.
Read more: While U.S. Struggles, Mexico City Is Awash In Luxury | Fox News Latino

Old 12-27-2012, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 5,339 times
There are plenty of wealth in Mexico City. Roma and Condesa borough are also packed with upper class kind of people.
The city and its surroundings has some nice neighborhoods such as Lomas de Chapultepec, Santa Fe, Interlomas, La Herradura, Bosque Real, Bosques de las Lomas in the most western part of the metropolitan area. The Altus Tower located in Bosques de las Lomas, with its 42 floors (and one apartment per floor) is, cosidering sea level, the tallest residential skyscrapper in the world.
Condado de Sayavedra, Chiluca and Valle Escondido in an area known as the Emerald Zone, an area with gated communities in the Atizapan municipality in the northwest outskirts of the city. This area houses, at least, 5 private golf clubs. Most of these areas are lavish, and you may find apartments for up to 500,000 USD and houses that are worth more than 1 million USD (and much more).
Of course, most of these areas have no touristic value and you may not easily see it. For instance, El Palacio de Hierro in Interlomas was selected as the best store on the Global Fashion Awards ([url=http://www.globalfashionawards.com/shortlist]2012 Winners | WGSN Global Fashion Awards 2012[/url]).
San Angel and El Pedregal in the south of the city are also big residential areas with million-dollar properties in them.

Polanco in contrast with the more lavish residential areas is its mixed zoning as many other areas in town (Del Valle, Napoles, Florida, Juarez and Cuauhtemoc boroughs).

Old 12-27-2012, 11:44 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,551,696 times
Personally, the west end of Guadalajara has plenty of luxury in my opinion, and the pace is a little more manageable than Mexico City.

Santo Coyote (a fantasy restaurant in Guadalajara)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico