Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 08:50 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF View Post
I live in the Midwest, and even the pasty white looking Mexicans are not consider Caucasian....weird.

Spanish people, as well.

Granted the majority of Mexicans are not pure whites, but mixed (like me) with an olive complexion and in my case: slanted eyes (my brother is a little lighter than me with bigger eyes but because he has black hair and dark brown eyes, he is not considered Caucasian)....which makes people questioned what ethnicity I am until they hear my Spanish name.

Embrace it, people!

Only in America is it obsess with race and what ethnicity you are. Please, Mexico: do not be like that!
Well Mexico is like that as is most of Latin America.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:57 PM

138 posts, read 328,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I have Mexican American cousins who are blonde haired, red haired with blue and green eyes. I have met SO MANY white Mexican Americans that it perplexes me seeing these lame ignorant comments about all Mexican immigrants to the US being indigenous. It is based on a fantasious separatist mentality created by arrogant Mexicans. All it does is perpetuate ridiculous Hollywood stereotypes.
Mexicans are easily distinguishable from caucasions. Only a very small segment of the Mexican populace looks truly caucasion. Light skinned Mestizos generally tend to looked mixed.

Your personal experience of meeting white Mexican Americans may be because those families intermarried with white Americans. I`ve seen more purely indigenous looking Mexicans than I`ve ever seen white looking Mexicans. It`s common knowledge that the majority of Mexicans dont look white. In fact, the more indigenous you look, the more Mexican look. George Lopez or Jessica Alba? Lila downs, or the people on novelas? It`s no contest. From Mexicans to Americans, if you showed 2 random pictures, one with someone with indigenous features, and the other with caucasion features, and then asked: Which person do you think is Mexican?", most people, Mexican and foreign alike, would choose the one with indigenous features. Mexican physical appearance is widely associated with our indigenous ancestors, as opposed to our spanish ancestors.

As you`ve stated about indigenista seperatism, one can say the same about you. It sounds like you`re attempting to whiten, and distance Mexicans from their obvious indigenous heritage, at-least from a racial standpoint. Malinchista seperatism perhaps?

Old 04-10-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF View Post
I live in the Midwest, and even the pasty white looking Mexicans are not consider Caucasian....weird.

Spanish people, as well.

Granted the majority of Mexicans are not pure whites, but mixed (like me) with an olive complexion and in my case: slanted eyes (my brother is a little lighter than me with bigger eyes but because he has black hair and dark brown eyes, he is not considered Caucasian)....which makes people questioned what ethnicity I am until they hear my Spanish name.

Embrace it, people!

Only in America is it obsess with race and what ethnicity you are. Please, Mexico: do not be like that!
That`s because most Mexicans aren`t pasty white. The majority of Mestizos and indigenas have spanish names, so that makes them white, right? Better change every African American`s race to white then since they have English names. Mexicans should embrace both their indigenous and spanish heritage. That is the essence of being Mexican.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:18 AM

836 posts, read 2,948,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Azteca View Post
That`s because most Mexicans aren`t pasty white. The majority of Mestizos and indigenas have spanish names, so that makes them white, right? Better change every African American`s race to white then since they have English names. Mexicans should embrace both their indigenous and spanish heritage. That is the essence of being Mexican.
There's no such thing as an essence of being Mexican, these ideas are PRI nationalist garbage that must be eliminated.

What I wonder is why you so obsessed with Mexican Indians?

Pure Mexican Indians are a minority in the country, they themselves deny their roots and move to the big cities or the U.S.

Mexico is a mestizo country, far from being obsessed with race, the subject simply does not interest us.

I suspect you're a Mexican living in the United States clinging to a lost identity because you don't fit into American society.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:06 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post
There's no such thing as an essence of being Mexican, these ideas are PRI nationalist garbage that must be eliminated.

Pure Mexican Indians are a minority in the country, they themselves deny their roots and move to the big cities or the U.S.

Mexico is a mestizo country, far from being obsessed with race, the subject simply does not interest us.

I suspect you're a Mexican living in the United States clinging to a lost identity because you don't fit into American society.
We got some "mestizos" here in the US too such as: Burt Reynolds, Tommy Lee Jones, Wayne Newton, Billy Bob Thorton, Megan Fox, and many more.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:

Your assumptions are misplaced.

I simply want people to be educated on Mexican matters. This attempted "whitening" of Mexicans is anti-Mexican in nature, that is all. Nationalism is never garbage. Malinchismo is a disgusting thing, mexguy. Being Mexican is as much racial as it is cultural. "Tienes un nopal en la frente" doesn't come from nowhere. You wouldn't tell that to a white person, you'd tell that to a Mestizo or an indigenous person, someone who "looks Mexican". There are many factors to the essence of being Mexican. Mexicanidad, as it is called.

Last edited by Texan_Azteca; 04-10-2014 at 12:45 PM..

Old 04-10-2014, 03:34 PM

836 posts, read 2,948,015 times
Quote:
Your assumptions are misplaced.

I simply want people to be educated on Mexican matters.
I doubt you can educate someone with bad manners.

Quote:
This attempted "whitening" of Mexicans is anti-Mexican in nature, that is all.
The only one who see that attempts are you. No one is denying their roots.

Quote:
Nationalism is never garbage.
Yes it is.

Quote:
Malinchismo is a disgusting thing, mexguy.
Play the "malinchismo" card is odd in this times. The same I can say about your chauvinism.

Quote:
Being Mexican is as much racial as it is cultural.
At least in Mexico not. Maybe between chicanos in USA, I really don't know or care.

Quote:
"Tienes un nopal en la frente" doesn't come from nowhere.
You wouldn't tell that to a white person, you'd tell that to a Mestizo or an indigenous person, someone who "looks Mexican".
That expression is disgusting, show a lot of prejudice and lack of education.

Quote:
There are many factors to the essence of being Mexican. Mexicanidad, as it is called.
None of that is true, I'll say something that will perhaps surprise you: Mexicans are not special. We are at the same level of the people of other nations.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:08 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,074,313 times
No one is denying their indigenous roots. I think the issue at hand is telling people that Mexicans are diverse from Arabs to East Asians to Europeans etc.and not just indigenous. i think its obvious that people know Mexico is a mestizo country.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:42 PM

860 posts, read 1,109,781 times
Aren't Mexicans a mixture of Indian, African, and European ancestry?

Old 04-11-2014, 12:36 PM

6 posts, read 50,164 times
Quote:

Bingo!!! Ding ding ding!! You and I both agree that this guy is obsessed with trying to promote some Indigenous Political movement. The good news is that looking at the responses he is his worst enemy and the only one buying into his propaganda.

Last edited by b575; 04-11-2014 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add another point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico