Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 08:20 PM

6,504 posts, read 7,536,063 times

Advertisements

What time do the main acts of big international English language music concerts take the stage in the interior of the republic like in Guadalajara, Monterrey, and of course Mexico City. I am talking about big arena concerts from Britney to Iron Maiden. From Bieber to Coldplay. Metallica to Madonna.

Here in the Tijuana/San Diego, most of these concerts, if not all, take place north of the border in San Diego and the main act takes the stage at around 8 or 9 and the concert is usually over by around 10 pm or 11:00 pm at the latest.

I know the grupero and rock en espanol concerts in Tijuana tend to start around midnight sometimes even going until 4 AM. How is it for big arena type concerts in the interior? What time do they go until?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 08:38 PM

305 posts, read 750,379 times
Varies greatly by band. I don't think there's anything else to it than that. I've been to some where it said 9 on the ticket and it started at 9. I've been to some where it started 3 hours or more later. I go to a lot of concerts here. I have noticed though that in Mexico there are usually not opening acts in comparison to the states. Of course there are some, but you should never assume there will be one.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:25 PM

6,504 posts, read 7,536,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3dw View Post
Varies greatly by band. I don't think there's anything else to it than that. I've been to some where it said 9 on the ticket and it started at 9. I've been to some where it started 3 hours or more later. I go to a lot of concerts here. I have noticed though that in Mexico there are usually not opening acts in comparison to the states. Of course there are some, but you should never assume there will be one.
Interesting, thanks for the reply. Do they have concerts at the new Arena there in DF?
I went to Depeche Mode last night in San Diego at the Amphitheater and Tijuana and the rest of Baja California were well represented at the concert. I would say about 30-35% of the 20,000 plus crowd was from south of the border.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:38 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,075,180 times
My mom always praises Mexico for bringing big name bands and singers for all the people to enjoy.

Mexico knows how to entertain its people and get them to socialize. A lot of small towns have plazas in the center of the town were everyone meets up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico