Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 04:38 PM

140 posts, read 267,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
what are these new immigration rules they speak of? my gf is mexican, her father is a citizen, i think she may try to get citizenship next time her father goes down there. if she gets citizenship i suppose i could marry her and get citizenship myself?
Getting married so you can make a very questionable investment in Mexico sounds like you'd better rethink the whole thing. Come down for a 6 month vacation and take a close look at what you are dealing with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 11:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,167 times
Default Lot for Sale in Rincon de Guayabitos, Mexico

Hello,
I see that you want to invest in propeties here in México. I own a property near San Pancho.
Is a 315 squared meter lot, located in Rincón de Guayabitos, Nayarit.
If you want I can send pictures of the place.
The price is 30k USD. You can contact me at this e-mail: [email]samuel12192@gmail.com[/email]

Old 09-24-2015, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 846 times
Be very careful buying in Mexico. I bought a condo through Investment Properties Mexico in Playa del Carmen and realized 4 months into the project (that they built by the way) that the condo leaked like crazy and there was no agency to help me resolve my issue. I was furious, no agency for companies knowingly selling shoddy merchandise... No more for this Gringo and do your self a favor run from Investment Properties Mexico in Puerto Aventuras.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:19 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,341,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaljim View Post
Be very careful buying in Mexico. I bought a condo through Investment Properties Mexico in Playa del Carmen and realized 4 months into the project (that they built by the way) that the condo leaked like crazy and there was no agency to help me resolve my issue. I was furious, no agency for companies knowingly selling shoddy merchandise... No more for this Gringo and do your self a favor run from Investment Properties Mexico in Puerto Aventuras.
Too many people come down here thinking Mexico is the 51st state and it has the same consumer protection laws. Sellers are under no obligation to tell a buyer about any defects. If you get taken advantage of, you can sue but that can take years and cost a small fortune. If you win, how do you get paid?

There are many happy foreign homeowners here, but buyers should be careful.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:41 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times
I don't understand owning either. 2 miles from the beach I have a friend renting a studio apartment in Cabo (admittedly, modest by all guidelines) that is the equivalent to $106 USD per month. The gringo cost for small apartments and casitas all over latin america are anywhere under $500/mo inclusive of utilities and depending on the location, that might get you a very nice place. Most importantly, there's a real value in having the ability to move elsewhere. Why stop in Mexico? How about a year in Antigua or a year in Montevideo? Learn the language and be able to rent modest places anywhere you want.

This type of thinking is why I'll be moving out of the U.S. because I'm just over the "ownership" model where people want to put their name on something. This is mine. That's mine. Even if it's not the smart decision, they want to say something is theirs.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:15 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
One of the problems with construction is the overall use of CONCRETE and the inevitable shrinkage to dwell with.....as I have found in my home even tho I observed the entire construction firsthand.

Having a degree in Architecture in the US is no guarantee the methods are used here in Mexico.....different ball game.

As many know that mixing cement follows a ratio of sand, gravel and cement mixture. Mixing in a wheel barrel or on the ground for a large section will leave you with a inconsistent result.....my garage floor shows that.

Not complaining here but just a small insight in REALITY in what may be in store for a future buyer.....as above results showed.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:37 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,248 times
BTW I was a Landlord for almost 30 years.. IMHO never be an absentee landlord and be very cautious being a landlord in a foreign country and even more so in a foreign country where you do not reside.. You might well be able to by a income producing property in Chicago with just $100K down but in Mexico its Cash For Gringos ... Mortgages In Mexico are Far and few between for Foreigners and more so for none resident foreigners. $100K is not going to buy you much on the East Coast in a area a tourist would want to rent in and you really don't want to rent your investment to Nationals.. I Have SEEN that turn out badly too often..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Landlording can be rather difficult in Mexico. Rule of law can get very messy, although renting out a part of a house might be less risky. Countless times I have heard of a tenant basically refusing to pay rent and at times claiming ownership of property. The legal process takes years to play out and often requires bribes at that. If they know the landlord is a foreigner probably even more enticement to take a shot

Old 09-24-2015, 11:43 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,248 times
Again I have SEEN that very scenario go very bad for the Gringo Sorry its just true..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksmex View Post
Getting married so you can make a very questionable investment in Mexico sounds like you'd better rethink the whole thing. Come down for a 6 month vacation and take a close look at what you are dealing with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico