Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 11:03 AM

836 posts, read 2,947,288 times

Advertisements

A little paranoia here? Don't worry, mexicans in USA don't want turn USA in Mexico...

They run from Mexico to not coming back. They are OK with being americans, learn english, adopt your culture, and even defend your country...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 01:44 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
In the 1770s, 90% were of English descent, and we were at war with England. Should have sent all the English back home when we had the chance, to keep from being taken over by immigrants. Look at us now -- we even speak the English language, thanks to all those immigrants.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:35 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,532,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I did see a local vanity license plate the other day that said AZTLAN and thought that might be a stretch of the imagination. But then again, maybe not.
Aztlán is part of Mexican culture, and has been for centuries before the conquest, Although the name is often used as a political protest you can't ethically forbid the use of the word. The park service in San Diego thought about destroying a monument in Chicano park for using the word, but decided against it.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:06 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,073,412 times
Just to let you guys know Mexico is not secretly trying to take over the United States. As a Mexican American i would fight for the United States if that ever happens. And i promise you it will not. Mexico benefits from having the most powerful country in the world right next door. It is actually competing against China just like the United States. Mexico wants the United States to prosper and not be over taken by the China. So all the dummies that believe that China has hidden troops in Mexico and that they are planning to invade the United States along Russia......i can't describe how dumb you are.

The Whole immigratation issues is another whole playing field. It is a very complex issue. On the one hand yes they are doing something illegal. But then again they are facing massive corruption from their government, crook cops, cartels, poverty, violence. Yes i know your ancestors came here legally, but trust me it was MUCH EASIER for them to come here legally then it is today. European immigration was actually actively promoted. Now it takes years if not decades to have the chance, and some people are willing to do something illegal in order to prevent the chance of having their heads to be cut off, their daughters to be raped and throwned into the desert, crook cops to take force bribes, and their corrupt government to screw them over.

People just naturally migrate where the grass is greener. We are a species that constantly moves. When you are willing to provide for your family and put food in the table, there are no borders. I hate to sound all philosophical and stuff, but that is just the reality of life.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:27 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,487,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Just to let you guys know Mexico is not secretly trying to take over the United States. As a Mexican American i would fight for the United States if that ever happens. And i promise you it will not. Mexico benefits from having the most powerful country in the world right next door. It is actually competing against China just like the United States. Mexico wants the United States to prosper and not be over taken by the China. So all the dummies that believe that China has hidden troops in Mexico and that they are planning to invade the United States along Russia......i can't describe how dumb you are.

The Whole immigratation issues is another whole playing field. It is a very complex issue. On the one hand yes they are doing something illegal. But then again they are facing massive corruption from their government, crook cops, cartels, poverty, violence. Yes i know your ancestors came here legally, but trust me it was MUCH EASIER for them to come here legally then it is today. European immigration was actually actively promoted. Now it takes years if not decades to have the chance, and some people are willing to do something illegal in order to prevent the chance of having their heads to be cut off, their daughters to be raped and throwned into the desert, crook cops to take force bribes, and their corrupt government to screw them over.

People just naturally migrate where the grass is greener. We are a species that constantly moves. When you are willing to provide for your family and put food in the table, there are no borders. I hate to sound all philosophical and stuff, but that is just the reality of life.
I don't believe it. Mexicans have their own version of "taqiyya" which is what Muslims use to justify their lies to westerners. They say they're peaceful but we know Sharia Law is in Europe's future. Mexicans say they don't want to Reconquista but we all know Mexico is our future. A Zogby poll was done in Mexico and the majority believed the southwestern territories belong to Mexico. Just read your own post. You recognize Mexican migration is bad but still attempt to excuse it.

Sorry!

Old 06-03-2014, 07:06 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post

/ Yes i know your ancestors came here legally, but trust me it was MUCH EASIER for them to come here legally then it is today./
It was easier for my Scandinavian ancestors to come here but it was much more difficult for them to be here. My little Norwegian grandmother lived in a mud cave the family dug out beside the Blue Earth River her first months here and twisted buffalo grass for fuel. She was bullied in school for not being able to speak English.

There was no equivalent of La Raza, no government help, no interpreters, no English language lessons, no food shelves or school lunch program. Those people really did build it themselves.

My father-in-law from the Netherlands was held in servitude to a southeastern IA farmer until he finally realized he was being used and ran away.

Different times; different problems.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:35 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,790,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
I don't believe it. Mexicans have their own version of "taqiyya" which is what Muslims use to justify their lies to westerners. They say they're peaceful but we know Sharia Law is in Europe's future. Mexicans say they don't want to Reconquista but we all know Mexico is our future. A Zogby poll was done in Mexico and the majority believed the southwestern territories belong to Mexico. Just read your own post. You recognize Mexican migration is bad but still attempt to excuse it.

Sorry!
Lol. Anyone who compares Muslims to Mexicans so ignorantly cannot be taken seriously.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:13 AM

657 posts, read 801,812 times
Quote:

Sorry!
Sharia law is not in Europe's future, and if you lived there you would know that the vast majority of muslim Europeans or muslims in Europe are not trying to do such a thing.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:09 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,073,412 times
Quote:

Sorry!
Alright you got us. We Mexican Americans are sleeper cells working for the Mexican government...all 33 million of us. We work in construction so that we can plant bombs and later blow them inside out. We work in farms so that we can poison them and cut off your food supply. We are digging underground tunnels below your houses for a surprise attack. We are drugging your youth to the point of no return while being paid with the state of the art weaponry. Oh yeah we are
gonna get you! Muahahahaha!

Just so you know i was playing. I know there are people tot stupid enough to believe this and call the NSA

Old 06-03-2014, 03:07 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
If you are building a tunnel under my house why not come on up and I'll feed you some lutefisk and lefse. That should send you on your way.

It never works with Norwegians. You just end up with more of them under the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico