Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:29 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times

Advertisements

Lol wtf?

I seriously hate white people sometimes. What is the need for an article like this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 10:21 AM

1,424 posts, read 2,486,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Lol wtf?

I seriously hate white people sometimes. What is the need for an article like this??
The research was actually done by Latinos from major universities and research centers both in the U.S. (mostly California) and Mexico. What is the purpose behind unraveling our genetic diversity? Many reasons, but the most obvious one would be its implications in medicine and being able to tailor medication and procedures based on someone's unique genetic print and biochemistry.

Here is a better article done by UCSF, one of the major institutions behind the research: Mexican Genetics Study Reveals Huge Variation in Ancestry | ucsf.edu

I recommend reading it, before displaying more shameless ignorance.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:06 AM

165 posts, read 189,531 times
Quote:
Lol wtf?

Hey, I'm white and already blasted this! Anything that starts off with 'Why Mexican's aren't exactly Mexican', is insulting and offensive.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:12 AM

165 posts, read 189,531 times
Quoted it wrong above. It was : "Here's Why NOBODY is Exactly Mexican". Sounds offensive either way though.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:02 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times
Quote:
Lol wtf?

It's a stupid title, but the article is actually interesting.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:42 PM

733 posts, read 939,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
You're a pretty smart guy. Very well educated on ancient MesoAmerica. Thanks for the input. Is your study background professional or just an intellectual curiosity like me?
More curiosity, and I'm not all that educated on it, I know people that read all the codices and it's like a focus for them, I just know more about Mesoamerica than most
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico