Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 08:24 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
Then why did such a large number leave virtually no sign of itself in the population?
Intermixing with Europeans. And it really does not take many generations to lose subSaharan African features

Examples:
Eartha Kitt with her daughter and granddaughter

Victoria Rowell and her daughter Maya

Old 05-08-2016, 11:13 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
African slaves were imported to England, Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, Belgium, and Germany
I'm pretty sure the vast majority imported into Portugal were then sent to the colony of Brazil to work on the plantations particularly the men. The historical records from my own little town indicate that whites feared rebellion and early on black slaves were forbidden from working as shephards. A very tiny minority ended up blending with the local population generally the result of priests and noblemen fathering children with house slaves but generally only the girls were kept. I'm pretty sure the male offspring were almost all shipped to Brazil. Slavery in Portugal also ended in 1761 and was never restricted to sub-Saharan black Africans like North America indeed Asians, Indians, and and Moroccans were also enslaved. The worst treated by far in Portugal were the Muslim Moroccans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Portugal

Old 05-08-2016, 12:27 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
I'm way past my school days of past while the History lessons here could be of benefit to some but wonder where the Prettyist comes to bear.

A 3 yr old is cute....later as a teen Pretty....early 20's still Pretty then late 20's on to the 30 and 40 yr olds as Beautiful and then to those over that as Glamourous.

Calling someone over 60 as Gorgeous has brought me a smile or two and a flattering comment.

Not trying to be a kill joy but....geeeez.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:19 AM

174 posts, read 214,084 times
I love Mexican women. Love everything about them! Columbia and Brazil ain't bad either. Sometimes I wish I'd been born in one of those countries.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:47 AM

143 posts, read 192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I'm way past my school days of past while the History lessons here could be of benefit to some but wonder where the Prettyist comes to bear.

A 3 yr old is cute....later as a teen Pretty....early 20's still Pretty then late 20's on to the 30 and 40 yr olds as Beautiful and then to those over that as Glamourous.

Calling someone over 60 as Gorgeous has brought me a smile or two and a flattering comment.

Not trying to be a kill joy but....geeeez.
Funk that..
keepin' it real..
i love 18 - 20's.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:14 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,696,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by visitingthisplanet View Post
I love Mexican women. Love everything about them! Columbia and Brazil ain't bad either. Sometimes I wish I'd been born in one of those countries.
Completely agree... those are the three countries whose ladies I find irresistible too. Physically, they're gorgeous, but they also have such a great combination of femininity, elegance, optimism, humor and quite simply "life".

Old 07-14-2016, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,556 times
Mexican born and raised here! So sorry if my english is a little off.

I currently live in Guadalajara, Jalisco, but I was born in Culiacán, Sinaloa. You can ask most mexicans, and they'll tell you that girls from Sinaloa and Sonora are the hottest, while in Jalisco they´re the prettiest. There's a lot of girls from Sinaloa and other Northern states living in Guadalajara, so I'd say this city you'll find a lot of beautiful girls.

They say the uggliest are from the south and center of the country.

Now, a funny thing happens in Mexico where beauty standards change by state and even city. You'll find that girls that live near or in the beach, have mostly athletic bodies, tanned skin, messy hair, a more "natural" beauty. Girls from the south, small towns or "rancherías" (group of ranchs/farms that make a small community) tend to have the darkest skin, dark hair and eyes, and certain features inherited from indigenous ancestors. Girls considered beautiful in Jalisco tend to have lean bodies, fair to olive skin and be more of a sophisticated, feminine beauty. If you are looking for the hottest bodies, Sinaloa is the state to go. Given the copious money flow, specially in Culiacán, a lot of girls have surgery. There's a lot of competence there, to have the most perfect hair, butt, boobs, nose, so you'll find girls that look put together even if they're just going to Walmart. They call us girls from Culiacán "culichis: mucho culo, mucha chichi" wich translates roughly to "culichis: a lot of ass, a lot of boobs", because that's the body type we have. In Monterrey they are cute, but I don't think they are specially beautiful. In Mexico City you'll find a lot of beautiful girls, but mostly from other states, people from there tend to look more indigenous. It also depends on the economics of that particular city/state, since they'll spend money on their appearance.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:22 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marianamacias View Post
Mexican born and raised here! So sorry if my english is a little off.

I currently live in Guadalajara, Jalisco, but I was born in Culiacán, Sinaloa. You can ask most mexicans, and they'll tell you that girls from Sinaloa and Sonora are the hottest, while in Jalisco they´re the prettiest. There's a lot of girls from Sinaloa and other Northern states living in Guadalajara, so I'd say this city you'll find a lot of beautiful girls.

They say the uggliest are from the south and center of the country.

Now, a funny thing happens in Mexico where beauty standards change by state and even city. You'll find that girls that live near or in the beach, have mostly athletic bodies, tanned skin, messy hair, a more "natural" beauty. Girls from the south, small towns or "rancherías" (group of ranchs/farms that make a small community) tend to have the darkest skin, dark hair and eyes, and certain features inherited from indigenous ancestors. Girls considered beautiful in Jalisco tend to have lean bodies, fair to olive skin and be more of a sophisticated, feminine beauty. If you are looking for the hottest bodies, Sinaloa is the state to go. Given the copious money flow, specially in Culiacán, a lot of girls have surgery. There's a lot of competence there, to have the most perfect hair, butt, boobs, nose, so you'll find girls that look put together even if they're just going to Walmart. They call us girls from Culiacán "culichis: mucho culo, mucha chichi" wich translates roughly to "culichis: a lot of ass, a lot of boobs", because that's the body type we have. In Monterrey they are cute, but I don't think they are specially beautiful. In Mexico City you'll find a lot of beautiful girls, but mostly from other states, people from there tend to look more indigenous. It also depends on the economics of that particular city/state, since they'll spend money on their appearance.
LOL Look whos back.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:01 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,401,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Yes, they absolutely do. I am married to a Mexican, BTW, and have lived in Mexico.

They may call you negro/moreno, but you are still a gringo. Two completely different things. One refers to appearance, the other to nationality.

Most blacks in Mexico, BTW are Hispanics from Cuba, Dominican, etc. So they will assume you are not American until told otherwise.

A black American is a gringo. A white European in Mexico is NOT a gringo (at least this is true in DF and everywhere I have traveled in Mexico).
LOL that is BS. I've lived and worked in Mexico and they call blacks morenitos. Yes gringo means American, but everybody uses it only for white americans. Many other countries are like that, when they say American they mean white people. If you mean a black person, you use another word.

As far as pretty girls go, I'd say that Taxco and Zihua have the prettiest ones. IMO here is preuf:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtacezGT2RE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM3bQ_MLc-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aphNkdZ_No

Old 07-14-2016, 11:34 PM

170 posts, read 188,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marianamacias View Post
..... and they'll tell you that girls from Sinaloa and Sonora are the hottest...
What part of Sonora ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico