Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 11:06 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,790,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
It might just be his high cheek bones and larger nose, but to me he does not look 100% Euro.

[youtube]uOSG_UKaSOU[/youtube]
[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOSG_UKaSOU[/URL]
He looks very Mexican to me, he has the guero de rancho look. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 09:16 PM

346 posts, read 646,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
He looks very Mexican to me, he has the guero de rancho look. Lol
Do you mean López Dóriga, or Don de la Vega/Zorro!

Old 04-09-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTexico76 View Post
Do you mean López Dóriga, or Don de la Vega/Zorro!
Hahaha.. Lopez Doriga! But now that you mention it, Anthony Quinn does too.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokwayiyo View Post
I admit that I know little about Mexico's history but I find it interesting that a minority white demographic in Mexico can be so much more powerful than the vast majority of the population.

I do not intend to be rude but do many/most of the brown Mexicans not care about the white Mexicans's monopoly on power, wealth, and media?
No you are not being rude, no worries.

Yes, many do care and have always been vocal about it. There have been many uprisings. Have you ever heard of the Zapatista uprising? That is one of the most recent.

But the complexities stem from the fact that a large portion of Mexicans are mixed, and there was an education movement to promote the idea that Mexicans come from a Native/European blend of people. That this is the core of Mexican identity and culture.

That is why I suggested studying a little of the history to get a better understanding

Old 04-10-2015, 03:01 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,012,991 times
It is ironic that the Zapatista uprising was led by a white upper class Mexican, the so-called Sub-Comandante Marcos.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,765 times
I travel back and forth between Mexico & Canada (mother is Mexican & father is Canadian) and it seems that many of the non-whites in Mexico don't really care! My mother is mixed and she somewhat gave up because the whties in Mexico maintain a stranglehold on most of the wealth and power.

The whites and light-skinned Mestizos & Mestizas see the poor Indigenous as nobodies and insult them by labelling them "Indios"! Yep, the same people descended from the original Mexicans are treated like dirt despite having more roots in the country than the people descended from criollos and european (mainly spanish) conquerors. Can you believe that? Being defamed by people descended from european invaders for having more connections to your country and its' culture?!

Why don't the Brown & Indigenous people overthrow the nepotistic white european hegemony in Mexico? Complacency and brainwashing from the white Mexicans and their light-skinned Mestizo & Mestiza abettors seems to be the reason.

Don't be blind and deny that there isn't racism and discrimination in Mexico when most of those who have significant wealth and power are white or white-looking mixed persons!

In Mexico, it's just like Bolivia was before Evo Morales came to power and overthrew the white hegemony!

Last edited by GabrielaTheTraveller; 04-13-2015 at 04:54 PM..

Old 04-13-2015, 10:22 PM

340 posts, read 608,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielaTheTraveller View Post
The whites and light-skinned Mestizos & Mestizas see the poor Indigenous as nobodies and insult them by labelling them "Indios"! Yep, the same people descended from the original Mexicans are treated like dirt despite having more roots in the country than the people descended from criollos and european (mainly spanish) conquerors. Can you believe that? Being defamed by people descended from european invaders for having more connections to your country and its' culture?!
The same is true in the US and, wait for it... CANADA!

(Also, "indio" is just the Spanish word for indian, genius. It isn't a derogatory term if it's not used in a derogatory way. )

Last edited by unnativeelpasoan; 04-13-2015 at 10:33 PM..

Old 04-13-2015, 10:29 PM

186 posts, read 238,642 times
Sad but true. I don't know why some people are surprised about this topic.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:36 PM

170 posts, read 188,599 times
Yes, and they are controlled by the Rich White North Americans and White Europeans.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:46 AM

983 posts, read 1,633,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila4less View Post
Yes, and they are controlled by the Rich White North Americans and White Europeans.
Who are in turn controlled by Reptilians. It's all a conspiracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico