Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 06:17 AM

182 posts, read 369,965 times

Advertisements

So I wake up this morning to read that Chapo Guzman has escaped from a maximum security prison...again. This was so entirely predictable. The Mexican government should have sent him to the U.S. while they had the chance. I am looking forward to seeing President Enrique Pena Nieto try to spin this!

Of course, this could not have happened without collusion inside the government. In fact, it is quite possible that the whole Guzman capture-imprisonment-re-escape cycle has been an entirely staged piece of theater, one or both times it has occurred. Things are seldom what they seem in Mexico.

The worst part of this is that it gives Donald Trump material. Damn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 08:15 AM

140 posts, read 267,069 times
Update

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...0a0_story.html

Old 07-12-2015, 09:00 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,560,839 times
He didn't get captured until the La Universal expose' on US collaboration with the Sinaloa cartel.

He's probably headed for the same fate as Pablo Escobar at this point.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:19 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,435,798 times
With enough money you can do what ever you need to do!

Old 07-12-2015, 11:28 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times
Peña Nieto is sending him to the US.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:47 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,101,805 times
We should cut off all foreign aid and cooperation with the Mexican "government". I don't really agree with what The Donald said about Mexicans but I certainly believe that the US should take a very hard line against Mexico.

We need to make it so that Mexicans are more afraid of the United States than they are of the drug cartels.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:50 AM

182 posts, read 369,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
We should cut off all foreign aid and cooperation with the Mexican "government". I don't really agree with what The Donald said about Mexicans but I certainly believe that the US should take a very hard line against Mexico.

We need to make it so that Mexicans are more afraid of the United States than they are of the drug cartels.
I have to agree here. I was appalled by what Trump said, but if he had toned it down to merely indicate that the Mexican government is kind of a troubled partner, who could have argued with him?

The Obama administration should read Pena Nieto the riot act. What happened with Guzman is not acceptable.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:16 PM

17,262 posts, read 21,991,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Murtha View Post
So I wake up this morning to read that Chapo Guzman has escaped from a maximum security prison...again. This was so entirely predictable. The Mexican government should have sent him to the U.S. while they had the chance. I am looking forward to seeing President Enrique Pena Nieto try to spin this!

Of course, this could not have happened without collusion inside the government. In fact, it is quite possible that the whole Guzman capture-imprisonment-re-escape cycle has been an entirely staged piece of theater, one or both times it has occurred. Things are seldom what they seem in Mexico.

The worst part of this is that it gives Donald Trump material. Damn.

Donald Trump sprung him so he could be Jeb Bush's campaign manager!

Old 07-13-2015, 08:29 AM

983 posts, read 1,633,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

Yeah, cutting ties with your second largest trade partner is for sure the way to go.

And foreign aid to Mexico is a laughable amount, Mexico is not as big a US charity case as you think.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:31 AM

983 posts, read 1,633,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Murtha View Post
I have to agree here. I was appalled by what Trump said, but if he had toned it down to merely indicate that the Mexican government is kind of a troubled partner, who could have argued with him?

The Obama administration should read Pena Nieto the riot act. What happened with Guzman is not acceptable.
Or the Obama administration could move to end the stupid war on drugs. But that's probably too much common sense for politicians to handle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico