U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2015, 09:00 AM

5 posts, read 4,305 times

Advertisements

We are trying to get a waver for my husbands visa refusal but quite frankly I think we will not get one. We as in I will have to move to Ghana to live because of this refusal. there is nothing we can do, meanwhile I hear of others who paid to get a visa living happily in the usa. We did it all legal and got a refusal. How do you think this system is fair. Heartbroken and sick to think I have to give up my home country to live with the man I love.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 11:31 AM

1,973 posts, read 1,452,056 times
Seeing as your making a public post .. what was the reason for refusal? TTBOMK they always give a reason for refusal.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:45 AM

885 posts, read 1,509,881 times
I'm confused. Are you speaking of Ghana the country? If so this is the Mexico forum you may want to repost somewhere else as there may be different laws for you and your husband.

However a waiver, may have similar rules being there was reason your husband was denied and you need to show them that you really need him here in U.S. with you for a reason. You cannot say you may not get one because the waiver is usually never denied only may be if your husband has done something bad like sell drugs or killed someone. The waiver is also only available if he is denied a visa in the first place. In situations like the spouse if from Mexico, if a person has been in U.S. undocumented yet never been caught, they will be denied a visa yet given ok to file a waiver which in most cases gets approved in the current timeframe. Yet, if a person has been caught more than once they will have a 10 year ban and needs to go back to country for the 10 years then can file a waiver.

Now this was my experience but I know the rules have changed for waivers. I believe they can be filed at same time when filing for permanent residence. This was done for reason of the back and forth to consulate and to limit time spent away from their families. I wish I knew more but haven't kept up with the rules. The immigration process is a very emotional, tedious process that requires patience and A LOT more patience.Good luck!

Old 09-28-2015, 11:57 AM

When I say waiver is hardly denied, I do remember some who actually got denied but they were really a fluke. It just means their waiver packet was not strong enough for the consulate worker viewing it and I heard they do this randomly for audit reasons. I remember someone who had a very strong waiver packet with a very sick child get denied and she had to wait like 3 years(?) to file again. Horrible! But like I said they are rare and usually, like us, the waiver gets backlogged and we had to wait a whole year longer than others who were not backlogged.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:52 PM

It was because we didn't have his parents or my children at the wedding. Its two to three thousand dollars to fly get a hotel there just a days time and frankly Im old enough to get married without my kids in attendance. No one that day got a visa approved.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:54 PM

sorry I wasn't aware I was on the Mexican forum. I did research the wavers and its like a third get approved you have to prove a hardship if the person is not allowed to come to live here, what kind of hardship mental emotional or financial all three apply but can you prove them.?

Old 09-29-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmike13 View Post
sorry I wasn't aware I was on the Mexican forum. I did research the wavers and its like a third get approved you have to prove a hardship if the person is not allowed to come to live here, what kind of hardship mental emotional or financial all three apply but can you prove them.?
You MUST prove a hardship. For example, if you are suffering emotional stress it must be backed up with doctor referrals, and not one but many. Financial hardship only counts if you are the sole worker and there is no way you can perform your job in that country of your husbands residence. This also has to be proven.

A waiver packet is thick mostly with evidence. When we first did ours I just didn't know where I was gonna find hardships, but believe me you find them. When people don't give appropriate waiver packets they usually get backlogged, then told to find more evidence. This is the only time in the immigration process it is worth to pay lawyer. Well, a good one at least. This is when they do their job if they are legit, simply for the reason they will put the waiver together and they know what you need for it. We didn't have a lawyer, but when we were looking we were quoted 6,000, and 4,000 was for the waiver.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:48 AM

1,973 posts, read 1,452,056 times
I would "think" that going to Ghana marrying someone and then that brand new foreign born spouse is denied entrance to the USA , is not going to fly well as a means of, or need for, an entrance visa.. I would "think" that reasoning was used up 40 years ago.. just saying...

Old 09-29-2015, 11:57 AM

You also need to remember people don't even have to get married at all there is such thing as fiancé visas. But if I remember correctly, if you get married suddenly and apply for a visa you need to show proof of a relationship. I think it is strange to deny a visa based on family not being in attendance at a wedding considering there is many ways to get married, like a court where no one has to be there but the bride/groom and witness.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:23 PM

Exactly what I am saying, but on the fiancé visa they hardly ever get approved. I have a immigration lawyer and yes all the evidence is in. I don't know why it's not approved and it's not a brand new husband either we have been married for two years known each other 4 years. I asked about the fiancé visa first was advised it does not ever get approval
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or