Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 05:33 AM

2 posts, read 2,377 times

Advertisements

Is it safe for a gringo living in Mexico city or Mexico in general? :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 05:52 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
Is Campeche (Yucatan) safe and cheap ?

Old 08-14-2015, 09:14 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,562,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flrguage View Post
Is it safe for a gringo living in Mexico city or Mexico in general? :-)
You can certainly say it is much safer to be a gringo than an upper middle class Mexican. The extortion and kidnapping organizations tend to stay clear of foreigners because it brings down more heat from the federales. On the other hand you are a more likely target of common graft.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:21 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flrguage View Post
As a gringo living in Mexico is there anything to worry about.I'm talking about being kidnapped or robbed..? Is it dangerous for a gringo in Mexico in general? Or is this just a myth....? :-)
If you're worried about being kidnapped, robbed, or being dangerous in general, you'll find that everywhere, so if you're paranoid about living in Mexico, don't move there.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:00 AM

4 posts, read 2,587 times
Where can I find a Small Town that inexpensive to live in, in Mexico . Preferrably where the climate is Spring all year.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:10 AM

Default Moving to Mexico

I am looking into moving to Mexico from Maine. I'm interested in a small town prefferably, wher its spring like weather all year and not congested. Preferrably where you can drink the water. Where its not too expensive to live . Wher I can hire a maid and interpreter.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:17 AM

Default Moving to Mexico

I am looking into moving to Mexico from Maine. I'm interested in a small town prefferably, wher its spring like weather all year and not congested. Preferrably where you can drink the water. Where its not too expensive to live . Wher I can hire a maid and interpreter.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:22 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Cuernavaca ((City of Eternal Spring) close to Acapulco if you want. Many small towns around there to choose from. Water to drink (only bottled water). Maid to clean etc would be very easy to find. Someone to interpret in a small town may be a problem as they do not see many English speaking people around unless the person works in Acapulco and has contact with the tourists in his/her working capacity. As for a place to Rent etc that might be a problem as Mexicans generally do not move like Americans. A furnished place another thing.....you would almost have to supply your stove, fridge, bed etc. I found that out when looking to Rent/buy an Apt in Mexico City. Have been in Mexico 23 yrs so have seen/learned a lot.

My ex Mexican wife had a weekend small home Cuernavaca that we went to on occasional weekends.....Loved the climate.

Old 04-23-2017, 02:29 AM

2 posts, read 1,258 times
How much do i pay for just a small single room in mexico

Old 04-23-2017, 02:34 AM

2 posts, read 1,258 times
I am planning to relocate from my country to mexico.....i would like to first know how much small rental houses cost in mexico
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico