Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 10:38 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,261,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDex View Post
How? The topic is my impression of Tijuana. It went down other paths but nothing stated invalidates my opinion.

The point is that it's not as well known as you claim. The view that "the border towns are like that and interior Mexico is nicer" is definitely not shared by everyone. I'm not arguing the point since I haven't been to these places.

You don't like what I posted so you are simply trying to discard it.
TJ is known as the toilet of Mexico.

You aren't displaying any logical reasoning skills because 1. The fact that TJ Is a toilet has nothing to do with immigration policy or El Trumpo and 2. The fact that you didn't know that TJ was considered the toilet of Mexico shows you are massively ignorant of a country of 120 million people with an middle income economy almost the size of Spain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 10:43 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,256,458 times
Quote:
You don't like what I posted so you are simply trying to discard it.
Ahh, the old "I know you are but what am I?" rhetorical technique. Deftly played sir or madam.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:06 AM

505 posts, read 425,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
You cannot be serious.

Do you have any concept of logical reasoning?

If you are correct and the current border walls are working, then why are you supporting Trump? His whole premise is that the current border is "open" and that there are "millions" of illegal migrants crossing over.

Putting aside the fact that Trump is racist, quasi-fascist, and no one who loves America could seriously consider voting for him, the only way someone could support his fantasy "wall" is if you believe that border enforcement isn't working, and you just admitted it already does work.

The fact is that Trump has a 0% chance of winning election, and even if he did win, there's a 0% chance of the wall being built. It violates international treaties, it violates the Environmental Protection Act, it would cost something like 100 billion, it wouldn't stop illegal migration (which is overwhelmingly by air anyways, through your local airports, due to tourist/family visas), it would require an invasion of Mexico, and it would bankrupt the economies of the SW U.S.

If you really wanted to stop all illegal immigration, you would have to enforce E-Verify, and reform immigration policy, both of which are relatively simple process (and both of which have been blocked by Republicans in Congress, because they want to keep immigration as a hot button issue). But Trump doesn't propose this because he doesn't care about immigration. He's just screaming "build a wall" to sucker the ignorant masses.

He basically hopes that ignorant voters don't know that Jose/Josephina come to town through your local airport, not through the SW desert (that hasn't been a common migration route in 20 years; in fact our own border protection estimates that current border migration is net negative, ie more people crossing to Mexico than vice-versa).

Of course I am and if you bothered to read my posts you would get that.

What kind of "logical reasoning" have you displayed with your earlier "get out of the US" posts? LOL!

I was talking about the concept of border enforcement in other countries. The U.S. does it to a degree but we can and need to do more.

As I stated earlier I am in favor of other options and other security measures as well. Crackdowns on employers, taxing remittances being sent back to Mexico, deporting the illegals already here- there are a number of things we can do.

But it takes time and effort-Trump isn't going to explain all the details in one speech- he only provides the "big picture" , the overview.

Most of the rest of your post is just emotional claptrap - you have little interest in logical reasoning. You are afraid of Trump and his policies and are reacting negatively to it. There are a number of exaggerations and speculations that you have made.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
TJ is known as the toilet of Mexico.

You aren't displaying any logical reasoning skills because 1. The fact that TJ Is a toilet has nothing to do with immigration policy or El Trumpo and 2. The fact that you didn't know that TJ was considered the toilet of Mexico shows you are massively ignorant of a country of 120 million people with an middle income economy almost the size of Spain.
Known to who?? Mexicans? People living on the border? Americans? The World?

Do the residents of the city use this title?

"Welcome to Tijuana, we are the toilet of Mexico!" - LOL!!!

Tijuana is the 6 largest city in Mexico as of 2010. If everyone "knows" it then how did they get so many inhabitants??

I crossed the border from San Diego and there is an enormous amount of traffic going both ways. There are numerous tours leaving to visit the city on an almost daily basis. I spoke with a number of people living there and across the border and received a range of opinions- so many of them they also must be ignorant!

I never claimed to know everything, but my logical reasoning is fine. I just struck a nerve with some of my comments and emotional people are lashing out.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Ahh, the old "I know you are but what am I?" rhetorical technique. Deftly played sir or madam.
I didn't mean it to come across that way but when you claim an opinion is "irrelevant" based upon my experiences and preferences then it's not valid.

Nobody (including posters here) knows everything about Mexico- so just because I have less knowledge on certain topics doesn't make my experiences any less notable.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:22 PM

6,362 posts, read 11,819,166 times
We all gave this guy a political forum to be racist thanks to CD and their willingness to let anyone bash Mexico. So let's just ignore him and at some point in a month a mod will finally get here and put this in an immigration forum where it belongs.

Anyways how many of you even believe this guy "saw" Tijuana? Doesn't even seem likely he went, he just wants to bash and spew political venom. Let's hear what he really saw because the trip all sounds like a lie to me.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:35 PM

There is Trump-realty and real-world reality.

In Trump-world, there are millions of migrants streaming over an open border. In the real world, there are very few migrants crossing the border, the vast majority come by plane, and migration on the border is actually net-negative. And the border is actually mostly heavily secured right now, and difficult to cross. So much for facts.

The ironic thing is that if El Trumpo actually succeeded in building the wall, it would actually lead to more illegals, because they couldn't leave. It would basically keep illegals in the U.S. Of course, he'll never win election, and if he did, he'd never build the wall.

More Mexicans Leaving Than Coming to the U.S. | Pew Research Center

Old 06-24-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Tijuana is the 6 largest city in Mexico as of 2010. If everyone "knows" it then how did they get so many inhabitants??
Gee, that's good logical reasoning. Or not.

Afghanistan has far more people than Switzerland. Therefore Afghanistan is nicer than Switzerland, because more people live there. Thanks for setting us straight.

And obviously if lots of people live in TJ, it has to be a nice city. Yeah, that makes sense. It has nothing to do with accessing jobs across the border.
Quote:
I crossed the border from San Diego and there is an enormous amount of traffic going both ways.
Yes, and? Do you now understand why a wall is stupid?

A wall would restrict all that traffic, while doing nothing to impact illegal migration, which comes by plane. You are witnessing massive commercial activity between SD and TJ, which is legal, and which would obviously be harmed if you walled off the border.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:25 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,860,343 times
With all due respect I do believe that Trumps threat to build a wall was not a block/cement type of thing but to hold Mexico accountable for the crossings of it's own people via their own BP for a better term.

Those crossing are looking for work that should be available within the country of Mexico.

Years back asked my new Mexican wife at the time about those who crossed the border for jobs and why.

Her answer was that there was work in Mexico for those who tried hard enough via Education or by effort or were just Lazy.

She had worked as a office clerk...then to private secretary...then to taking over her bosses job as the only Senior Female Executive in the very large GOVMT owned company in Mexico.

As for the TJ border crossing, it is the most crossed between the US and Mexico while possibly the most crossed in the world.....24/25 lanes open at one time with a few hundred cars in line.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:41 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,256,458 times
It's no strange thing to me that a lot of people have a problem with immigration and all.

This Mexico forum, however, has been a way to talk about all the other things, good and bad about Mexico in it's own right. Why aren't the political/illegal immigration and great debate forums sufficient as an outlet for anti-immigrant/anti-Mexican diatribes?

Don't be so selfish in your (not at a specific person) need to rant - some of us like Mexico and want a place to talk about it that isn't so freaking hostile to Mexicans so that they might answer our questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico