Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 11:08 AM

146 posts, read 150,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
The answer is very simple. A population with a fairly low heritable IQ, has lived under an absolutist religious system, which, until recently, has forbidden birth control. Overpopulation creates poverty, as does Low IQ. https://iq-research.info/en/page/ave...ntry/mx-mexico

Actually, Mexico does vastly BETTER than one would expect. If anything, you should be congratulating yourselves for having beaten the odds.
Low IQ? What are you talking about mexican citizens on average in Mexico have 1-3 kids

How you ever been to Mexico to prove your ridiculous statements???

Old 05-09-2017, 11:23 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,743,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMex View Post
Low IQ? What are you talking about mexican citizens on average in Mexico have 1-3 kids

How you ever been to Mexico to prove your ridiculous statements???
Did you take a look at the link I provided? And are you familiar with a concept they call "HISTORY"?

The fairly recent reduction in family size is a positive trend. And, as I said, your nation is doing vastly BETTER than one would expect. I was congratulating you, and saying, "JOB WELL DONE!".

If, within the link I provided, you click on 'Average IQ by Country', you'll find many countries which have higher IQs than that of Mexico, which are not nearly as advanced, and which offer vastly less, in terms of Quality of Life. A case in point, would be ALBANIA. You're doing vastly better than Albania. You're WINNING.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:29 AM

Sorry for the misunderstanding Gloria still proving my English skills when I travel to Canada ..

And yes Mexico is definitely advanced and developed than most people think sure Mexico is classified as industrialized country meaning close to the development of Europea and U.S.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:58 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,003,218 times
Quote:
Did you take a look at the link I provided? And are you familiar with a concept they call "HISTORY"?

The fairly recent reduction in family size is a positive trend. And, as I said, your nation is doing vastly BETTER than one would expect. I was congratulating you, and saying, "JOB WELL DONE!".

If, within the link I provided, you click on 'Average IQ by Country', you'll find many countries which have higher IQs than that of Mexico, which are not nearly as advanced, and which offer vastly less, in terms of Quality of Life. A case in point, would be ALBANIA. You're doing vastly better than Albania. You're WINNING.
IQ tests are a very bad measure of actual intelligence. They're more useful to measure test-taking ability, which has more to do with level of education. Not sure why people confuse the two, but perhaps your argument should be that Mexico does better relative to its general level of education, not vs. its general intelligence, which frankly, is really insulting.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Disgraceful that they're openly supporting citizens who want to break the laws of a neighbouring country. It suggests that they don't respect the sovereignty of the US.
I find it hilarious. There's something really cathartic in watching racists and those who lack empathy for those less fortunate than themselves lose their s*** over immigrants being treated like human beings.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Mexican federal and state government assistance[edit]

The US Department of Homeland Security and some advocacy groups have criticized a program of the government of the state of Yucatán and that of a federal Mexican agency directed to Mexicans migrating to and residing in the United States. They state that the assistance includes advice on how to get across the U.S. border illegally, where to find healthcare, enroll their children in public schools, and send money to Mexico. The Mexican federal government also issues identity cards to Mexicans living outside of Mexico.[38]

In 2005, the government of Yucatán produced a handbook and DVD about the risks and implications of crossing the U.S.-Mexico border. The guide told immigrants where to find health care, how to get their kids into U.S. schools, and how to send money home. Officials in Yucatán said the guide is a necessity to save lives but some American groups accused the government of encouraging illegal immigration.[39]
In 2005, the Mexican government was criticized for distributing a comic book which offers tips to illegal emigrants to the United States.[40] That comic book recommends to illegal immigrants, once they have safely crossed the border, "Don't call attention to yourself.... Avoid loud parties. ... Don't become involved in fights." The Mexican government defends the guide as an attempt to save lives. "It's kind of like illegal immigration for dummies," said the executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, Mark Krikorian. "Promoting safe illegal immigration is not the same as arguing against it". The comic book does state on its last page that the Mexican Government does not promote illegal crossing at all and only encourages visits to the US with all required documentation.[40]

(38) "NEWS.BBC.co.uk". NEWS.BBC.co.uk. January 25, 2006. Retrieved January 2, 2012.

(39) "Mexican State Issues 'How To' on Border Jumping". Fox News. March 23, 2005.

(40) Laurence (January 7, 2005). "Mexico offers tips for crossing border in comic book". The Seattle Times.

Protection through Integration: The Mexican Government's Efforts to Aid Migrants in the United States | migrationpolicy.org
You said Mexico was actively sending people to the US. That's not what the link says. It says that Mexico is trying to help those who are there. Also, it's not really unusual for nations to offer advice for those who might cross national borders undocumented. Such crossings are dangerous and many die from lack of preparation. It's a humanitarian issue. Or do you think they should all die?

Old 05-10-2017, 03:22 PM

14,651 posts, read 14,570,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
I comprehend just fine.

I am tired of paying taxes to educate Mexican children because the Mexican government refuses to do so, I am tired of paying for health care to Mexican nationals because the Mexican government cannot provide even basic health care to its citizens. I am tired of paying to jail Mexican nationals because the Mexican government is in cahoots with the drug cartels.

I am am REALLY tired of the Mexican government telling me ITS MY FAULT that they are incompetent.

Don't lie to yourself.

Mexico has real problems. It has wonderful people, and one of the most awful, disfunctional governments on the face of the earth. We quit going to Mexico since it became unsafe for American families.

I can understand why Mexicans flee their country. I am tired of providing government services that YOUR government needs to provide for its citizens.

DO SOMETHING about your country.
Sorry, but you're ignorant on this subject; Mexico actually does a better job than our own government at providing health care and education to their rural poor (who are basically left to fend for themselves). Mexico instituted a massive domestic program called La Progresa in the late 1990s that invested hundreds of millions into building schools and hospitals in rural areas, along with offering (effectively) social welfare payments for families who met certain maternal, educational, and nutritional goals. It bettered their overall health and caused children to be schooled for longer than they did previously. Unlike here in the US where they are given a check with no stipulations. Along with their improving economy, it's likely why immigration from Mexico to the US has been net zero for years now.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:40 PM

@Natural510 that's right yet most people just focus on misconceptions and not facts I stopped taking him seriously when he mentioned about Health care when US healthcare sucks and expensive.

Unlike Mexico healthcare system which is way better than American health care even the poor ones still entitled to healthcare and free "Seguro popular"

Old 05-10-2017, 08:13 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,777,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portuga View Post
Your pseudo-nationalism and your defensive borderline classist comments are making you look like you're suffering from some sort of inferiority complex because you're Mexican!

Guatemala is very similar to Mexico, it is perhaps the most similar country to Mexico out there! No need to put Guatemala down or degrade especially knowing the Southern part of your country is pretty similar to them and also as strikingly poor.

The pot calling the kettle black.

We shouldn't be pointing fingers at others when we ourselves do the same, tsk tsk.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:18 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,777,821 times
Quote:

IQ tests/scores aren't really a good measure of intelligence. Most highly educated people know this.

What is your point with this statement anyways?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.