Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 06:11 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,050,625 times

Advertisements

This is one of the funnier threads on C-D. What makes it even more entertaining is that the OP has never even been to the US, yet he knows all about life here. He probably got his visa denied.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:47 PM

146 posts, read 150,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
This is one of the funnier threads on C-D. What makes it even more entertaining is that the OP has never even been to the US, yet he knows all about life here. He probably got his visa denied.

US Mexican middle class-upper class Citizens have no desire to travel to the U.S. well some but not my family we been to Canada and Europe.

Where how you been probably no where??? And U.S. is the only country that requires visa to.Mexican citizens Most of the world including the whole European union don't request citizens of Mexico VISA.

I get my info by working with American expats and Tourist in Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:43 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMex View Post
Well Mexico city can be considered the Hollywood.or Beverley hills but other largest cities of Mexico has its shares.

Guadalajara Jalisco Mexico second largest city

Also just breaking some stereotype also not all Mexicans look like George Lopez white Mexicans arestimated 10-15% of the country whites make 30% in Guadalajara there's more European ancestry in North-Central than the south not being racist or anything but it's the thruh.

Miss Universe Mexico 2010 is from Guadalajara.

Pretty right??
You're hilarious. A perfect press secretary for the PRI. Yeah sure, half the people in Mexico look like that and live like that. In your dreams!

Anyone who's spent some time in CDMX knows how these pics are all too common.

Mexico divided: Stark photos show urban wealth and poverty side-by-side | Daily Mail Online

Unfortunately there are 5 times as many people living in the less attractive housing. Two large families living in the same space the rich give to a lone child. Don't deny its true, you just make yourself look comical to deny it. Mexico has plenty of the good life to give to a thin slice of its population, earned from the hard work of the far greater poor or "middle class".

Old 05-16-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
You're hilarious. A perfect press secretary for the PRI. Yeah sure, half the people in Mexico look like that and live like that. In your dreams!

Anyone who's spent some time in CDMX knows how these pics are all too common.

Mexico divided: Stark photos show urban wealth and poverty side-by-side | Daily Mail Online

Unfortunately there are 5 times as many people living in the less attractive housing. Two large families living in the same space the rich give to a lone child. Don't deny its true, you just make yourself look comical to deny it. Mexico has plenty of the good life to give to a thin slice of its population, earned from the hard work of the far greater poor or "middle class".

So you know more than me I guess me and family aren't Mexican because we don't fit in your racist stereotype that we all look like border hopers sorry amigo the science of genetics disagree with you.

Cultural influences, and the cultural perspective of the Mexican government, have tended see ethnicity as well marked, despite the fact that, based on the 1921 census, official sources estimated the white population of Mexico to be only 9–16%, while in genetic studies Mexico consistently shows a European admixture comparable to countries that report a white population of 52% – 77% European admixture (e.g. Chile, 51%,[80] and Costa Rica, 60%[81]). Studies of the general Mexican population have found percentages with European ancestry of 56%[82] 60%,[83] 64%,[84] and 78%.[77]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Latin_Americans

Old 05-17-2017, 12:04 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times
Quote:
So you know more than me I guess me and family aren't Mexican because we don't fit in your racist stereotype that we all look like border hopers sorry amigo the science of genetics disagree with you.

Cultural influences, and the cultural perspective of the Mexican government, have tended see ethnicity as well marked, despite the fact that, based on the 1921 census, official sources estimated the white population of Mexico to be only 9–16%, while in genetic studies Mexico consistently shows a European admixture comparable to countries that report a white population of 52% – 77% European admixture (e.g. Chile, 51%,[80] and Costa Rica, 60%[81]). Studies of the general Mexican population have found percentages with European ancestry of 56%[82] 60%,[83] 64%,[84] and 78%.[77]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Latin_Americans
Who cares what your flipping ethnicity is??? Why not focus on the facts instead?

Many of us have spent plenty of time in Mexico to know the truth. Its unfortunate, but its true its a wonderful country with a great culture and plenty of good things, but the bad things are realities no one can just ignore or cover up if they are honest. I could live and work in Mexico, but I don't for damn good reasons, at least not in my earning years. Trust me I considered it, really wanted it. But its just not in the cards because being a working person in Mexico sucks. Owning a business can be good, but how many truly successful business owners are there in Mexico?

Most business owners work like slaves and make a fraction of what I did fresh out of university in the 1990s. As for the working people? Sure many earn more than the minimum wage of 80 pesos a day, but not a whole lot more than that. I know office people working in the nice shiny buildings you show who have graduated from good universities and have work experience, so why are they earning about half the US minimum wage? Why does the Mexican "middle class" begin at about $12,000 US in household income, what would be classified as impoverished in the US? At that wage in Canada the government would provide you assistance you wouldn't believe. Actually kind of hard to be at that wage in Canada because the minimum wage won't allow for it. Yet in Mexico this is supposed to signify that one has arrived to the good life?

Also, when are you going to admit those people you post pictures of are like those nice parts of town you post, they represent about 5-10% of what one finds in Mexico. The other 90-95% aren't so photogenic. And as long as people try to brush this truth aside and act any differently, things won't get better. That's the Mexican folly, yeah we have just enough good so things are great, meanwhile the power goes out all the time, we run out of water for days, it takes 2 hours to drive 10km in the big cities, etc etc. Not even going to mention the crime and corruption, but everyone knows its around and is a problem.

Until you and more of your neighbors acknowledge these problems are real and demand change, Mexico will remain not a third world country by any means, but certainly nowhere close to the standard of living found in the "first world" as you titled it.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:02 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,050,625 times
Quote:
US Mexican middle class-upper class Citizens have no desire to travel to the U.S. well some but not my family we been to Canada and Europe.

Where how you been probably no where??? And U.S. is the only country that requires visa to.Mexican citizens Most of the world including the whole European union don't request citizens of Mexico VISA.

I get my info by working with American expats and Tourist in Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta.
Another very funny post.

Middle class and upper middle class Mexicans come to the US all the time for tourism and for work. Your family probably doesn't qualify for an American visa.

Sorry vato, but I've been to Mexico and am intimately aware of the corruption. I've also spent years living in the Costa Rica and Nicaragua. While they both leave something to be desired in terms of bureaucratic efficiency, the levels of corruption pale in comparison to Mexico. None of the other countries share a 2000 mile border with Mexico where millions try to escape abject poverty. Also, up until last year Mexicans were required to get travel visas to Canada.

Should I base my opinions of Mexico on the stories told by those who are living here now? You know the stories. The ones about being repeatedly raped and beaten en route to the US. The police corruption, the near caste system, the racism, the treatment of the indiginos, the theft? If I hadn't been there multiple times to see it for myself, I might think it was like Somalia based on some of the stories they've told me.

As I mentioned earlier, I generally like Mexicans. Most are good, fun and hard working people, but you're making yourself look silly this thread. I'll play your silly game too.

Some pictures of the middle class.

Some of the peace and love for the indigenous folks in Chiapas.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:07 AM

Anglos and the Euro Iberian Mexicans have never been friends there's so much hate due stolen territory in the New Spain area.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:10 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
The U.S. isn't a paradise either posting indigenous towns of Mexico ? You trying to paint Mexico as if was India or if a poor country when is to far from that
You're a hypocrite. You post lovely pictures depicting a small slice of Mexico as if to paint Mexico as the land of milk and honey yet get indignant when someone posts pictures depicting another view.

For every nice picture you post, I could post ten showing poverty and lawlessness.

You originally asked why Mexico isn't considered first world and were given reasons. In addition to corruption, I would add the lawlessness, the inability of the government to maintain control over the cartels. Only in a third world banana republic would you expect to have thousands of journalists and politicians and judges killed in the last decade with accompanying warnings to not oppose the cartels. Or main highways blockaded for hours by gang members with citizens being robbed or even killed. Or narco mantra banners posted all around town declaring war on the media and police. Or entire police departments resigning because they fear for their lives. Or city police departments so corrupt that state police swoop in and confiscate all their guns. Or entire busloads and caravans of police being ambushed and killed by the dozens. Or dead bodies swinging from bridge overpasses on a regular basis. Or decapitated heads being left on the steps of courthouses. Or entire towns being evacuated of every single resident.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:24 AM

345 posts, read 250,257 times
From all appearances, the only people that appeared to be able to successfully colonize an area overseas were the English (in the modern era). Mexico's situation appears to be the rule, not the exception. No harm, no foul.

Why that is, I couldn't say. If I was forced to guess, it was because they invented a recipe for large-scale networks of trust. Banking, corporations, religious communities...somehow breaking loose from purely self-interested behaviors of family and tribe.

The most interesting counter-example might be Argentina. It would be great to have real insight as to it's downfall as an economic powerhouse.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:29 AM

Argentina?? The wealthy are is Buenos Aires the rest is very poor . Argentina gets.most it's resources from Brazil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico