U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-15-2011, 09:29 AM

2,482 posts, read 367,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I have a question -- why look for and stick with Americans? I would think you would enjoy living in that country more if you would make friends with the people there and just fit in with them.
malamute, agree

In all my years of living abroad my friends were always locals. If you want to hang with Americans, stay here.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 522 times
Default forming a support system

Quote:
Originally Posted by mztag View Post
there are clubs for retired Americans & Canadians, clubs for retired law enforcements, clubs to spay & neuter pets . . . I'm thinking about starting a club for "deported wives" . . . we can lend each other support, trade hints & suggestions . . .

But, seriously, think of it as an adverture! And living in Rosarito is such a blessing! Close enough to the U.S. if you need to, gorgeous weather (usually), nice people and a god quality of life.

Let me know if I can help you out!
Hi,

I'm new here and I would like to know if a support system has been formed? I will be joining the group in May GOD willing, I think it is a great idea to have a support system.

GOD bless everyone!!

Haydee

Old 04-19-2012, 12:02 PM

22 posts, read 81,877 times
How do I contact the moderator for this thread? I'd like it deleted, or at the very least edited a great deal.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:27 PM

2,403 posts, read 3,479,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchezfrank View Post
How do I contact the moderator for this thread? I'd like it deleted, or at the very least edited a great deal.
Excuse me but why delete it , yea its old but the issue in still here today and affecting more and more each day. Also there is the issue of freedom of speech and I haven't seen anything that would violate the site TOP. Now i would like to add one thing , while they have been deported to their country for a 10 yrs , and Iam not picking on them but hopefully they will work to improve their, country rather the run for the good life and create a great hardship on their families. I say this as an American who has several friends in the same situation, and yes I give them the same advice as stated here.

Last edited by Fighter 1; 04-19-2012 at 01:49 PM..

Old 04-19-2012, 09:00 PM

5 posts, read 3,677 times
I wrote this to get information, by the way, not to be attacked by anti-illegal immigration posters.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:12 PM

6,937 posts, read 3,205,437 times
Carolie29, are you the same person who started the discussion ... way back when? I'm not following your objection to the discussion. Whatever ... discussion often veer one direction then the next. They're fluid. Ever developing. My experience has been that the Moderators are quick to respond to violations of terms of participation. Just because something written makes us uncomfortable doesn't mean a discussion or particular comment should be deleted.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:56 AM

2,403 posts, read 3,479,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolie29 View Post
I wrote this to get information, by the way, not to be attacked by anti-illegal immigration posters.
If you believe in the Constitution of the United States of America, then yes we are Anti-illegal immigration, should we just through out all of our rules and regulation ? I can't go to Mexico and ask for financial aid , I cant go there and buy a home !. Its too bad they are made to follow the rules like the rest of us. Its called taking responsibility for one's actions. I wish the family well.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:04 AM

819 posts, read 953,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
I can't go to Mexico and ask for financial aid , I cant go there and buy a home !. Its too bad they are made to follow the rules like the rest of us. Its called taking responsibility for one's actions. I wish the family well.
Yes you can.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:02 PM

6,937 posts, read 3,205,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
I can't go to Mexico and ask for financial aid, I cant go there and buy a home!. Its too bad they are made to follow the rules like the rest of us. Its called taking responsibility for one's actions. I wish the family well.
Generally, I think there's more thuth than false in what you're trying to say. The countries have different laws and regulations. The USA is more welcoming to the immigrant than Mexico. That's been my experience.

MEXICO VS. UNITED STATES: MEXICAN IMMIGRATION LAWS ARE*TOUGHER FactReal

Old 04-20-2012, 03:12 PM

5,138 posts, read 9,691,015 times
An American can buy property (land) or home with a title inland while close to the border or water there are certain restrictions that have to be followed...I'm in that catagory south of Rosarito along with about 14,000 Americans. Things can be done up to a certain legal point...a matter of diligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico