Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 08:46 AM

71 posts, read 213,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Of course he's not offended...it's just funny because he is of Irish and Scottish descent. He and I try our best to improve our Spanish; our vocabulary is pretty extensive but our grammar is poor. Certainly no trump lovers in our household.

Funny, when we are in Spain (we go annually), he is never mistaken for a Spaniard.

Many white mexicans are of Spaniard French and Irish decent with Hispanized last names .

Guadalajara is 30% white European Jalisco over all is one of the most European states in Mexico they are towns like i mentioned where is 80% white Spanish.

Here are some famous mexicans who are 100% from Guadalajara.

Anyway This is not white supremecy in Jalisco we are proud of our strong Spanish ancestry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 11:25 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,441,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario95 View Post
Im glad you are bringing the topic theres just a lot Spanish ancestry in Jalisco as many parts of México how you heard about los altos de Jalisco? Those towns are full of blonde blue eyed Mexicans who can fit in Norway its about 1 hour Northern west of Guadalajara i recomend to visit Tepatitlan or Aranda very calm towns and clean i will say those towns are great to retired toó.

And yes sadly the more Spanish the better thats why you see so many White Mexlcans with good clothes better jobs and cars.

Zapopan guadalajara is full of so many white mexicans who are very snobish to mestizos (mixed mexicans ) and indigenous mexicans (dark skinned short mexicans)

Sadly Spaniards have still not left México they are everywhere Tv Better jobs higher income corruption etc.

You seem very confused...

Old 02-18-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
[/b]

You seem very confused...
No im just againts the inequality that is in México thats all they are no race census but according to estimates white mexicans are of 10-15 % of México population and they control everything the media the country etc.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:25 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,862,501 times
Mexico is indeed a country of haves and many more have-nots.

However, there is growing Middle Class....it is evident to us over the 12 years since we started traveling in MX and the 10 since we first bought a home here.

Any successful democracy requires a strong Middle Class. MX is getting there....you see the shopping centers, hotels, motels. The surge in air travel is one thing we notice, flying out of GDL. 10 years ago it was almost empty outside of the core hours, even in 'rush hour' there weren't many travelers. Now.....it is overflowing, especially on weekends when non-business flyers are taking advantage of start-up airlines like Vivaerobus, TAR and Interjet. Volaris, one of the first startups is now a major airline. Weekend air travelers have to have disposable income....that's a sign of Middle Class.

Even in my village here are the changes over 10 years:

Few workers ride horses to work nowadays when it was common 12 years ago. About 7 or 8 years ago they bought cheap lightweight scooters. About 5 years ago, quads were the rage. Now, it is cars and pickups. Are they new....hardly, many are clunkers but even 5 years ago they were unaffordable to locals.

Also, years ago, in the better restaurants, it was mostly expats and Tapatios. Now we see more locals at the eateries, usually for a special occasion. Again it's a rising Middle Class that has that disposable income.

We see things improving all over as we travel, especially in the bigger cities or resort areas where salaries are better. There remains abject poverty too...I don't have to travel far outside of our village, outside of San Miguel Allende, too, too see deplorable conditions. No running water, no electricity, no work.

But I am hopeful for this adopted country of mine.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:18 PM

Yes me toó im hoping Andrés lopez Obrador wins he has promises mexicans and legal residents a better future for This country many things.

The oligarchy of Peña nieto goverment will soon be history.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:46 PM

@dothetwist

I want to ask you something i always been curious about This but i would never probably ask This to an american expat maybe because they will think this is disrespetfull.

Did you think México has better health inssurance and housing policy to be honest i do think so than the U.S?

Seguro popular is free medical care for example to mexicans and anyone that can prove they are legally here it covers of 70 % surgerys and expensive medication example HIV -AIDS Anthroviral therapy.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:20 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,862,501 times
Seguro Popular is free to most; IMSS is very inexpensive. We have expat friends who belong to one or the other (you cannot belong to both I have been told). Most prefer IMSS in our area as the hospital is better than SP's. We have Medigap in US that covers us for emergencies outside the US for the first 60 days of every trip. Hence, we travel back to us every 2 or 3 months.

Housing policy?? Not sure what you mean.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Seguro Popular is free to most; IMSS is very inexpensive. We have expat friends who belong to one or the other (you cannot belong to both I have been told). Most prefer IMSS in our area as the hospital is better than SP's. We have Medigap in US that covers us for emergencies outside the US for the first 60 days of every trip. Hence, we travel back to us every 2 or 3 months.

Housing policy?? Not sure what you mean.
Yes you cant have Seguro popular and IMSS at the same time but i prefer honestly Seguro popular i feel they treat you better the benefits with IMSS you earn social benefits for example i can earn my own "jubilar plan" sorry i dont that word in english is when you become third age to retired im only 23 years old so i dont have worry about that for now.

What i mean housing policy is that after working two years in a company you get a house from the goverment without giving money and you will pay out of your check they take some % of your salary.

IMSS cant be very pleasent at times my friend for example got infected with HIV since Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta has a high HIV prevelence compare to other cities they told him he can received treatment after his t cells drop to 300.

Seguro popular gave his treatment right away.

IMSS and Seguro popular are kind enemies IMSS is from the federal goverment while Seguro popular is from the state funds..

Old 02-18-2018, 04:21 PM

Here some good looking Mexican woman.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:38 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,391,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario95 View Post
As Mexican myself im very proud of my Spanish herigate my mother is a white Mexican and my dad mestizo so according to the Spanish caste system i should be around 70% European Spanish and 30% amerindian.

I look like exotic Iberian.
I recommend you get a DNA test. I did and it turns out I am 33% Iberian but 65% European. The biggest surprise is that I have 17% Great Britain. It turns out I am also 17% Native American. I am white complected with brown eyes and brown hair.

In other words I am quite mixed.

It's not worth anything except as a conversation piece but you may be surprised.

Ancestry DNA is for sale on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/AncestryDNA-G...test+kit&psc=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico