Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahiss View Post
It's almost 2 years since I had veneers and crowns with Dr. Torres at Pacific dental, so far my teeth look great! I have had no problems at all. Unfortunately 3 weeks ago ago I went to see my US dentist for my 6 month check up and cleaning, and he told me I have a broken tooth, and needed a root canal and crown. I email Dr. T and made an appointment to see him, and then I found out I needed a passaport to go back! I do not have one, and my tooth was starting to hurt. I apply for a passaport that same day and ask for rush service. I call to cancel my dentist appointment with dr. T, and he told me he could see me in his San Diego office "WOW", to take care of the pain and then once I have my passaport I can go to Tijuana to complete the treatment. Dr. T took care of the pain, yesterday, and today I have my passport. I ask dr. T why he could not do all my treatment in San Diego, and he told me" I can, but it will cost you 4 times more, here than in Tijuana" so I am going to TJ tomorrow! I think Dr.T is above all my expectations. I know it's only a root canal and crown but I will keep you updated!
Hi, wondering how your root canal went?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,405 times
Have you heard of Dr. Carlos Ornelas, Dentist in Tijuana? If so, please [mod cut-- no email addresses in posts... use the Direct Message feature] Thanks

Last edited by observer53; 01-23-2012 at 05:00 AM..

Old 10-19-2010, 01:47 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Watch your backs going to Tijuana and Juarez.

They're gunning for everyone down there.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:00 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Juarez is 10 times worse then Tijuana with the crime, but people should avoid anywhere in Baja right now.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:41 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Watch your backs going to Tijuana and Juarez.

They're gunning for everyone down there.
No dental patients have been gunned down, but it's not wise to just go over there for trivial reasons. Certainly you should not drive a nice vehicle there because carjackings are sky high. And don't go over with someone involved in what's going on over there. So far the typical American, that is someone with no ancestral or family ties to Mexico, has been killed except that recent case in Falcon Lake but even that couple had been living in Mexico and even had Mexican plates on their vehicle. That wouldn't be the typical American going to see a dentist and not much else.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:04 PM

13 posts, read 51,430 times
Default travel to TJ

I think the best and safest way to go to TJ is to park on America side (it's like 5-10 bucks) and then walk over, grab a cab and go. This way your car is safe and you are not wandering around TJ as you can get a cab literally right past the border.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:03 PM

13 posts, read 31,634 times
Do some preparation

Old 12-20-2010, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 4,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
My son and I drove to Tijuana yesterday to consult with three different dentist about veneers for him and bonding for me. I saw Dr. Billy Bartel, Dr. Torres at Pacific Dental and Dr Avila in Rosarito Beach. It took a lot of internet research to get it narrowed down to those three. I don't want to do a big report if no one is interested but if you are just let me know on this thread and I'll be happy to go thru my experiences for you.
Please email your experiences. I'm in Reno NV so expenses can add up getting there. Thanks, Steve

Old 12-22-2010, 02:08 AM

13 posts, read 51,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambuildr View Post
Please email your experiences. I'm in Reno NV so expenses can add up getting there. Thanks, Steve

I would also be interested to see how each dentist matched up and which you eventually decided upon and why.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,646 times
I'm new to this site - just need a few answers about having all my teeth extracted and getting full mouth dentures. I am 78 and few remaining molars are painful now so I must do something soon. Main question - since I've read only good things about Tijuana dentists and I live near San Diego - are there any safety issues of concern? Thanks for any and all responses. Madeline
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico