Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 02:01 PM

264 posts, read 281,199 times

Advertisements

The point is that I"ve heard of many international visitors who want to go to US have to go to a third country to quarantine first for 14 days. And Mexico and Croatia are far more open to visitors than other countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 02:51 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,301,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
So...do you think ILLEGALS now come thru Mexican Airports ??? You Make NO Sense.

If they're not Turists from India , I cant think what else they can be doinn in Mexico ....
My question was not about illegals. It was why would Mexicans let them in at this moment. Given the current situatuion it doesn't seem like a safe thing to do.

Old 07-15-2021, 04:59 PM

6,357 posts, read 11,800,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlandissf View Post
The point is that I"ve heard of many international visitors who want to go to US have to go to a third country to quarantine first for 14 days. And Mexico and Croatia are far more open to visitors than other countries.
That's not the case for the US. There are blanket bans on citizens of certain countries unless they have a residency visa, there is no quarantine path around it. If not on that list, a negative Covid test is all that is needed, no quarantine required. Frankly if I were in charge elsewhere Mexico isn't exactly the place I'd want people to go quarantine in first anyways.

Old 07-16-2021, 04:04 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,216,085 times
Quote:
Speaking of the Covid vaccine, i arrived in Mexico Df airport yesterday and there were tons of Indians coming into Mexico.
It is strange what you mention, because there are no direct flights from India to Mexico, maybe you confused them with Arabs or Turks? There are Emirates flights from Dubai to Mexico and Turkish Airlines from Istanbul.

Quote:
I wonder if it has to do with quarantining before coming to USA as I don't believe people from India would be traveling all the way to Mexico just for vacation.
Well, there will be some rich in India who want to travel to Mexico, there are few of them.

Nevertheless, in Mexico there are 185 companies of Indian origin that employ more than 30,000 people, among these I can mention: Arcelor Mital or Tata Consulting Services. Maybe the people you see at the airport are workers or providers of some of this companies.

Old 07-18-2021, 10:21 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,486,408 times
I can attest to the frequency of having seeing groups of Indian workers walking around certain areas of Guadalajara, I know lots of IT firms in those areas so I assume related.

Old 08-09-2021, 08:16 PM

6,357 posts, read 11,800,590 times
One thing I don't get is the negative test requirement to enter the US. I went to get one today for my return and they don't ask for any ID. You give them your name and date of birth, then take the test and get the results. If someone happened to have Covid and wantedto travel to the US all they would have to do is get someone without Covid to go to the test site and give them their details. Someone could go take 10 tests a day for other people, the system would have no clue.

Old 08-09-2021, 08:43 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,046,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
One thing I don't get is the negative test requirement to enter the US. I went to get one today for my return and they don't ask for any ID. You give them your name and date of birth, then take the test and get the results. If someone happened to have Covid and wantedto travel to the US all they would have to do is get someone without Covid to go to the test site and give them their details. Someone could go take 10 tests a day for other people, the system would have no clue.

We had to show passports for both of the tests I took in April and May. Every clinic was saying you needed to bring your passport. Whether they looked at it closely to check id or input it into some kind of database I couldn't say. But the very first thing they asked for was our passports.

If it doesn't go into a database and there aren't any limits to number of tests you can take, you could just keep taking quick tests until you get a false negative. I've seen reports of 20% false negatives so you might have to take 5 or so tests at $30 each but that's still immensely cheaper than an extended stay much less a loss of job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico