Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 11:08 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times

Advertisements

I love Mazatlan...my favorite place to visit. I realize that the property you buy has a 50 year deed and you don't actually own it, but I would like to hear from someone who actually owns property there and how they feel about it. I have searched real estate there and it seems fairly inexpensive. Thanks

LOVE MEXICO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 11:10 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
It is possible to own land via Bank Trust/Ejido etc depending where you wish to purchase. There are restrictions as to being near/close to a border or within so many KM (miles) of coastal waters. Further inland is a lot easier to purchase, (just not close to the water). Have been thru Mazatlan many time on the way to Mexico City. Nice beach and area, but never inquired to buying property. You would have better luck with speaking with someone who has purchased property there and under what conditions. In addition there is the LEGAL VISA FM3 or FM2 that has to be fulfilled for any long time residency. Wish you well....Buenas Suerte, Stefhen

Old 05-28-2008, 10:58 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I love Mazatlan...my favorite place to visit. I realize that the property you buy has a 50 year deed and you don't actually own it, but I would like to hear from someone who actually owns property there and how they feel about it. I have searched real estate there and it seems fairly inexpensive. Thanks

LOVE MEXICO
thanks for your info. Even though I like Mazatlan, and love the beach, not sure if I want to put "all my eggs in a basket" so to speak. Feel like I should keep a home up north in the U.S. and maybe vacation there or just buy a home close to beach in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
baja & beyond is ripe for a real estate ripoff. wont be the 1st time wont be the last.
the most clever con job yet is now saying its backed by an american title co. it don't
matter when the troops come and kick you out (at 3 am). its theirs once again and your zillion dollar improvements go with it.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:34 PM

4 posts, read 14,019 times
You can buy and own land in Mexico. It is direct ownership in the interior, but if it is in the restricted zone (about 30 miles from the border or the coast, you do it through a bank trust (fideicomiso) which is modeled after the same program in the french riveria. And yes, we work with US title companies (Stewart Title, First American, etc) Most real estate transactions in Mexico are NOT fraudulent. The fraudulent deals are rare and definately not the norm. All transactions should be handled by a notario, and they are responsible for having everything in order. The only land you cannot buy is called ejido land and that is community property. Part of the process of buying real estate through a reputable company includes, of course, title search and you will know if it is ejido land or not. I'll be happy to answer any further questions! I am here in Mazatlan full-time!
Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by christina0001; 08-11-2008 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: real estate professional advertising

Old 06-30-2009, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,771 times
Default Interested in property in Mazatlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sans View Post
You can buy and own land in Mexico. It is direct ownership in the interior, but if it is in the restricted zone (about 30 miles from the border or the coast, you do it through a bank trust (fideicomiso) which is modeled after the same program in the french riveria. And yes, we work with US title companies (Stewart Title, First American, etc) Most real estate transactions in Mexico are NOT fraudulent. The fraudulent deals are rare and definately not the norm. All transactions should be handled by a notario, and they are responsible for having everything in order. The only land you cannot buy is called ejido land and that is community property. Part of the process of buying real estate through a reputable company includes, of course, title search and you will know if it is ejido land or not. I'll be happy to answer any further questions! I am here in Mazatlan full-time!
[mod]edit[/mod]
I am interested in talking to you about property in Mazatlan. Please let me know how to get in contact with you. Thanks!

Old 07-11-2009, 01:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,968 times
Has anyone been to Mazatlan lately and noticed the progress being made on Torrenza in Zona Dorado?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico