U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 08:37 AM

124 posts, read 453,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
I have been to a Cinco De Mayo parade before so I know what its like to be surrounded by a large crowd of Mexicans, and let me tell you it didn't look very racially diverse.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." -. Mark Twain

Old 11-12-2008, 11:01 AM

985 posts, read 2,989,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1984 View Post
I guess I would consider myself more of a white Mexican, living in San Antonio. I guess of a more european decent than Meztizo.

Interesting video.

YouTube - WHITE MEXICANS

YouTube - Mexican-Americans
I was just reading the thread "Guadalajara (Europe in Latinamerica)". It's funny indeed how people were trying to prove their city to be the whitest one, as if there was a prize for the whitest city. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveonpragha View Post
The city is famous for possess the largest european ancestry (criole) population in mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by raveonpragha View Post
the people who are preety ... . yeah in fact its like the little europe in Mexico.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
your really are talking about Europe in Latin America, Guadalajara is the WHITEST Mexican city I've ever seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
You should go to San Luis or Monterrey Pro there are a lot of white cities in Mx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doriano View Post
Well, after much brainwashing over the generations we have been convinced to say that anything that is European/White (In other words, SPANISH, or as Mexicans bunch them together as Gallegos incorrectly, Argentines do this as well) is bad! Saying you're Native American (Indio) is to be of lesser class, ignorant and submissive. Blacks get it the worse. People of Asian descent (From Japan to Turkey) are often ignored or mocked at. Mexico has established herself as a Mestizo nation, which it primarliy is, but not 100%.

it was GREAT! Beautiful women, I swear most girls were models!
But there are more "European" looking cities in the country: Morelia, Zacatecas, GUANAJUATO (My favourite by far, VERY EUROPEAN!), Leon, Cordoba, Orizaba, Puebla de los Angeles, Zacatecas, Colima, Merida, and of course Mexico City has that very European flavour, especially French and Spanish!
I find what Doriano said quite interesting: "after brainwashing we are convinced to say that anything that is european/white is bad". Although we all noticed how Mexicans rave about everything european/white.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:08 PM

972 posts, read 3,280,518 times
[LEFT]seeing your posts on citydata can be noted here that you have a high interest in race themes, trying to show some superiority of the white or who deserve to be called white...

some weird...!
[/LEFT]

Old 11-12-2008, 02:12 PM

1,435 posts, read 3,313,200 times
Quote:
Lets se, you see a majority of brown mexican population in USA and that is because the majority of people who leave mexico to go to work illegally to the United States is expelled from the Mexican countryside, but this figure does not represent all Mexico, people living in the Mexican countryside is only 30% of the total population.
Quote:
[LEFT]is not just a mix indigenous disparagingly as your comments.

mexico have been mixed in different races, not just the Spaniards with the Indians, please! that happens 400 years ago!

Mexicans in general now have a few Indian background.
Yeah sure few Mexicans have Indio ancestry. keep trying to convince yourself that.

The majority of Mexicans are Brown period, whether it's the ones living in Mexico or the ones living in the United States. Sorry but Mexico is not some blond haired and blue eyed Aryan country where the majority of the populaton look like the poster folks for the SS.

I Just hate people who try to whitewash Mexico and try to paint is as being whiter than it actually is.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:22 PM

527 posts, read 788,080 times
My father came from Guadalajara and is primarily Castilian in ethnicity... there is some Indian blood but it is Sioux, Sac, and Fox American Indian blood!

Old 11-12-2008, 03:35 PM

972 posts, read 3,280,518 times
Quote:
Yeah sure few Mexicans have Indio ancestry. keep trying to convince yourself that.

The majority of Mexicans are Brown period, whether it's the ones living in Mexico or the ones living in the United States. Sorry but Mexico is not some blond haired and blue eyed Aryan country where the majority of the populaton look like the poster folks for the SS.

I Just hate people who try to whitewash Mexico and try to paint is as being whiter than it actually is.
Ok, if you feel good that way, then All the Mexicans are indians...happy?

Old 11-12-2008, 03:38 PM

124 posts, read 453,919 times
Quote:

And the expert in Mexico´s population does it again!

Old 11-12-2008, 03:49 PM

527 posts, read 788,080 times
This is a dumb argument! Mexicans, are people born in Mexico and are citizens of that country... My father is of Mexican decent but he views himself as an AMERICAN!!

I have read that only true Mexicans have Indian blood... I have American Indian blood but they do not think that counts! Like I said, it is a stupid argument!

Old 11-12-2008, 04:33 PM

1,435 posts, read 3,313,200 times
Brown Pride
Brown pride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The slogan has been used by Latinos (especially of Native American descent) to denote a feeling of self-respect, celebrating one's heritage, and being proud of one's personal worth. Brown pride as a national movement is closely linked with the developments of the American Civil Rights Movement, during which noted figures such as Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X, A. Philip Randolph, Stokely Carmichael, and others protested the conditions of the United States segregated society, and lobbied for better treatment for people of all races. This time in the United States also saw the creation of brown pride movements such as the Chicano Movement and La Raza advocating brown pride."

Anti-Mexican sentiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Mexican American school children were subject to racial segregation in the public school system. They were forced to attend Mexican schools in California"

"Many organizations, businesses, and homeowners associations had official policies to exclude Mexican Americans. In many areas across the Southwest, Mexican Americans lived in seperate residential areas, due to laws and real estate company policies. This group of laws and policies, known as redlining, lasted until the 1950s and fall under the concept of official segregation. In many other instances, it was more of a general social understannding among Anglos that Mexicans should be excluded. For instance, signs with the phrase "no dogs or Mexicans" were posted in small businesses and public pools throughout the Southwest well into the 60s.

Brown Pride - For All Latinos And Latinas
Brown Pride - For All Latinos and Latinas

Mexican rapper rapping about Brown pride

YouTube - LSD "Brown Pride" to Kid Frost's LA RAZA video

Brown and proud on a Mexican flag

Old 11-12-2008, 05:22 PM

8,959 posts, read 14,230,612 times
Is there a point Jeff? Other than you know how to search the internet and aggregate Wiki pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico