Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 08:24 AM

291 posts, read 648,368 times

Advertisements

The population in Mexico with birth rates declining current anger, maybe in 20 years the country would not pass the 105 million inhabitants.

With fewer economically active population, since they will reach a moment in which to overcome old youth, then revert immigration and Mexico will be taking the illegal population of mostly central and South America.

Currently, there are thousands of illegal South American living in Mexico, especially Argentines, will not be long before Central Americans decide that they rather than go to the United States remain in the Mexican cities where they are easier to mix with the population.

But this encourages me because it means that in 20 years the Mexican economy, no longer so dependent on oil but the services will be better.

I'm viewing Mexico as a strategic HUB for everyone, as will be the focal point for goods destined for the United States and the United States to the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 12:35 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
I view Mexico exactly in the same way, besides that, let's accept it, if we compare Mexico with the 8 richest countries in the world, there is still room for improvement, but if we compare her with the rest of the world, few countries in the world enjoy our quality of life

Old 09-02-2008, 10:44 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You folks are so hilarious. Just because I like Mexico, have a positive outlook on our relations with them doesn't mean I hate America. I am American lol.

Seriously quit trying to make this a personal thing, you don't know anything about me, so quit guessing lol.

This forum and its "you're either with us, or against us" attitude is ridiculous.

Liking Mexico ≠ Hating America.
The immigrant nuts have infiltrated Mexico(forum) I see. You keep trying to escape, but they keep pulling you back in, lol.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:26 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
The immigrant nuts have infiltrated Mexico(forum) I see. You keep trying to escape, but they keep pulling you back in, lol.
It appears we cannot have any place to discuss Mexico without those obsessed few adding their .00¢

Old 09-03-2008, 01:42 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It appears we cannot have any place to discuss Mexico without those obsessed few adding their .00¢
-coughs- malamute -coughs-

Old 09-03-2008, 08:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Mostly I check out this forum to see when a couple of ultra proud Mexicans living in but hating the USA are moving back to their beloved Mexico. A 1 or 2 week visit now and then doesn't cut it.

There's a big difference in my opinion between Mexicans who care about their country and live there and those Mexicans we see living in the USA who wouldn't dream of returning home to their Mexico, who'll never do a thing for that country yet boast about their patriotism to it.

There's only a couple real Mexicans that post even in this forum and I might not agree with their opinions about the USA but can respect those opinions since they aren't choosing to live here but live in their country. They prove their pride.

Those Mexicans who claim to be so proud of Mexico but then act like it's a fate worse than hell to go back do their country no justice in reality and that's exactly what some of you do on that other forum. You are the ones who make your country look really bad -- claiming that people must leave because otherwise they'd starve to death and that the only way to get a better life is to live illegally in the USA, which isn't the least bit honest. Then you wonder why people have a bad impression of your country.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:32 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Mostly I check out this forum to see when a couple of ultra proud Mexicans living in but hating the USA are moving back to their beloved Mexico. A 1 or 2 week visit now and then doesn't cut it.

There's a big difference in my opinion between Mexicans who care about their country and live there and those Mexicans we see living in the USA who wouldn't dream of returning home to their Mexico, who'll never do a thing for that country yet boast about their patriotism to it.

There's only a couple real Mexicans that post even in this forum and I might not agree with their opinions about the USA but can respect those opinions since they aren't choosing to live here but live in their country. They prove their pride.

Those Mexicans who claim to be so proud of Mexico but then act like it's a fate worse than hell to go back do their country no justice in reality and that's exactly what some of you do on that other forum. You are the ones who make your country look really bad -- claiming that people must leave because otherwise they'd starve to death and that the only way to get a better life is to live illegally in the USA, which isn't the least bit honest. Then you wonder why people have a bad impression of your country.
What astounds me is that people from Mexico, no matter what they had or how horrible their conditions were-- they still love Mexico. This is the kind of nationalism we need (not saying some people already do, its just our national character is not representin')

Old 09-03-2008, 09:44 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
At the risk of boring most of you, I'll recount a few experiences for those of you who care and have time to read about it.

I was a house guest of some friends in Puerto Vallarta, who live in a very pleasant new colonia of maybe 200 tiny row-houses with outdoor kitchens, in what seemed like a clean, queit, safe neighborhood. My friends introduces me to their next door neighbor, a lady who looked 20 years older than she was. They came from a remote mountain village in Guerrero, where they had no electricy and washed the family's clothes on a rock in a river and their children had never seen a school. Her husband went by himself to America, illegally, and stayed for several years, in which he saved all his earnings and returned home with enough money to move to Vallarta, rent a nice little house, put the kids in a decent metropolitan school, and use his US-acquired skills to get a decent job in the city. I do not begrudge them this gift.

In a town near the Tamaulipas coast, I met a police offcer who spoke excellent English. He and his wife had emigrated to the US, and he became a police officer in Ohio. When their three kids were all going to school, the man and his wife talked about where things were going. They decided that they did not want their children to grow up in America, because there was too much conflict with the values that the parents respected and tried to instill in them. They made the difficult decision to pack up and return to Mexico, where he was quickly hired by the local police department. He said all five of them are now happier than they could have even imagined they could be, and the kids love living in the clean open air of Mexico, running free without fear.

I met a young woman with two small children in a small mountain town in Veracruz, who spoke a gentle, thoughtful English, who had lived in Northern California, and without prying, I presumed she had hit some marital topes. She was behind the counter in her family's tienda. I asked if she hoped to return to California, and she said she couldn't think of any reason why she would want to leave where she was.

Getting my car repaired in a little town south of Oaxaca, I was approached by a bright young man who didn't seem to mind the wait while they repaired my car (cheaply and honestly) while he continued to patiently wait for his. He explained (but Ive forgotten most of the explanation) that he went to high school in Seattle, applied for medical school, was not accepted, and lost his US residence permit because he was no longer a student. He said he lived with his grandmother "up there", gesturing off the road to a mountain about 5 miles away. I asked if he wanted to go back to the US, and his reply was that he might some day, but he shrugged and said it doesn't really feel that it would be very important in his life.

These were sobering realities, after being blanketed in America by a constant chatter about how every Mexican only wants to live in the USA, and can see no future for themselves in their own country.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:31 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
At the risk of boring most of you, I'll recount a few experiences for those of you who care and have time to read about it.

I was a house guest of some friends in Puerto Vallarta, who live in a very pleasant new colonia of maybe 200 tiny row-houses with outdoor kitchens, in what seemed like a clean, queit, safe neighborhood. My friends introduces me to their next door neighbor, a lady who looked 20 years older than she was. They came from a remote mountain village in Guerrero, where they had no electricy and washed the family's clothes on a rock in a river and their children had never seen a school. Her husband went by himself to America, illegally, and stayed for several years, in which he saved all his earnings and returned home with enough money to move to Vallarta, rent a nice little house, put the kids in a decent metropolitan school, and use his US-acquired skills to get a decent job in the city. I do not begrudge them this gift.

In a town near the Tamaulipas coast, I met a police offcer who spoke excellent English. He and his wife had emigrated to the US, and he became a police officer in Ohio. When their three kids were all going to school, the man and his wife talked about where things were going. They decided that they did not want their children to grow up in America, because there was too much conflict with the values that the parents respected and tried to instill in them. They made the difficult decision to pack up and return to Mexico, where he was quickly hired by the local police department. He said all five of them are now happier than they could have even imagined they could be, and the kids love living in the clean open air of Mexico, running free without fear.

I met a young woman with two small children in a small mountain town in Veracruz, who spoke a gentle, thoughtful English, who had lived in Northern California, and without prying, I presumed she had hit some marital topes. She was behind the counter in her family's tienda. I asked if she hoped to return to California, and she said she couldn't think of any reason why she would want to leave where she was.

Getting my car repaired in a little town south of Oaxaca, I was approached by a bright young man who didn't seem to mind the wait while they repaired my car (cheaply and honestly) while he continued to patiently wait for his. He explained (but Ive forgotten most of the explanation) that he went to high school in Seattle, applied for medical school, was not accepted, and lost his US residence permit because he was no longer a student. He said he lived with his grandmother "up there", gesturing off the road to a mountain about 5 miles away. I asked if he wanted to go back to the US, and his reply was that he might some day, but he shrugged and said it doesn't really feel that it would be very important in his life.

These were sobering realities, after being blanketed in America by a constant chatter about how every Mexican only wants to live in the USA, and can see no future for themselves in their own country.
That was very insightful. There are lots of great places in Mexico. One must be in VERY desperate times to want to leave everything they know and head to America where many people make it clear that they are not wanted.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:49 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
What astounds me is that people from Mexico, no matter what they had or how horrible their conditions were-- they still love Mexico. This is the kind of nationalism we need (not saying some people already do, its just our national character is not representin')

That's the typical attitude of the Mexicans who live in the USA -- that it's so horrible that they could never live there or work to improve their lives there so would prefer to live illegally in the USA, but in Mexico you meet a whole different kind of person and they aren't claiming all that mass starvation going on.

I was watching Mexican news one time -- televised from Mexico - not Univision, and they were interviewing people asking them if they planned to move to the USA and why --- many said yes, they had plans to go to the USA and the reasons they gave were always about the money and more material things. Some though said no, they would never leave Mexico, one humble peasant guy said "Porque? No voy a dejar mi pais ni por dinero, Mexico es nuestra riqueza" --- obviously that's an admirable attitude.

I don't believe they leave Mexico because it's so horrendous in Mexico, they come here for the dollars and then claim that they abandoned their homeland because it's so bad, that they have to break US laws or they'd starve to death back home. I've seen enough of Mexico first hand to know people there are not starving, not close to it.

Recently there was a survey done, and Mexicans living in Mexico are about the happiest people in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico