Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 05:27 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,025,710 times

Advertisements

Andres Oppenheimer: Good news in teachers' poor test scores | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Opinion: Viewpoints (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/viewpoints/stories/DN-oppenheimer_01edi.ART.State.Edition1.4d91152.html - broken link)

"MEXICO CITY – Many Mexicans reacted with shock and dismay when it was announced recently that nearly 70 percent of teachers had flunked a new nationwide test to measure whether they had the basic skills to be educators. I, for one, celebrated the news"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 11:28 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,150,407 times
This doesn't come as a surprise. Most of the teachers in the pueblo from where my mom is from did high school, and took a course on a subject they wanted to teach. It was about a 2 month course!

Old 09-03-2008, 08:21 AM

291 posts, read 642,596 times
Thats not true. to become a professor you need to study at normal superior school. Its like every other carrer.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgar View Post
Thats not true. to become a professor you need to study at normal superior school. Its like every other carrer.
That MAY be true for the city, but not in the pueblos. I can tell you that as fact. From the town where my mom is from, only about 20% of the teachers there actually went to a university.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:00 PM

I dont know when you said it happen that, but to be a professor you need actually to study at the normal superior school doesn´t matter if you´re in a town or pueblo.

There´s people that helps another adults to read and write by the INEA and maybe some of them are not professors, but to teach the children they have to have their degree.

Regards!

Old 09-03-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I dont know when you said it happen that, but to be a professor you need actually to study at the normal superior school doesn´t matter if you´re in a town or pueblo.

There´s people that helps another adults to read and write by the INEA and maybe some of them are not professors, but to teach the children they have to have their degree.

Regards!
They need to have some sort of certification, but I don't know what. Hell, one of my uncles was an English teacher with out knowing a drop of English. They teach out of work books.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:09 PM

Ok you´re uninformed, next time take a good information and then post.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:19 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,631,990 times
Just as a related aside. I was once at a social get-together in Bolivia, where there were several local school teachers present. I asked them, Which Latin American country do you think maintains the highest standards of elementary and secondary education? Without hesitation, they all immediately agreed that it is Colombia. None of them had ever been to Colombia, but within their professison, Colombia seems to enjoy this reputation.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Ok you´re uninformed, next time take a good information and then post.
I am not misinformed. I'm saying I don't know what kind of certification is required to become a teacher-- but I know for a fact a lot of people take courses at a career center a few times and come out teachers. This is coming from someone who has 3 middle school and high school principals in their family. This was even debated this past weekend at my families labor day reunion.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:13 AM

Yes you' re, since you dont know the certification is need to teach in Mexico, youre desinformed.

There is no way you can teach kids in elementary in Mexico if you dont have a degree and if you see it happen, maybe that wasnt an official certified school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico