Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 11:44 AM

415 posts, read 705,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
You are asking people to give up their secrets... and if they did that, it won't be a secret anymore!
Fine, I stay in Costa Rica then where I know the best spots and tell nobody either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 11:47 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
Somebody knows Bocas del Cielo beach in Chiapas?
and how to get there ?

Old 04-07-2009, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 6,752 times
My family is thinking of moving to Mexico for the beautiful beaches and the culture. We have a 7 year old that would need a good school and my husband would be gone a lot for work so we would need to be close to a major airport. We hope to find property on the water and would like some suggestions. I am looking for a safe area since my daughter and I would be alone for weeks at a time.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:50 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,191,796 times
Vallarta sounds like a perfect place for you! Great international airport and several excellent private schools in the states of Jalisco and Nayarit (which are both part of the Vallarta area on Banderas Bay). Oceanfront is quite expensive these days! I haven't seen anything (a house) under $650K in a while. But you can still buy waterfront condos in the $200 and up range. I'd check out some Puerto Vallarta links which will also show you the surrounding towns and villages along with maps so you can get a sense of where you are.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 6,752 times
Thank you for your help Sarah

Old 05-04-2009, 01:49 PM

5 posts, read 32,147 times
Default Realestate quesiton??

Does anybody know the cost to put a house in our name? We bought a house (in Rosarito BC) with a Contract of Sell from the Seller. It's now paid off and we need to go to some government offices to get the name changed. I would really appricate if someone out there would know the steps and the amount of money I will need to do these transactions. Thanks

Old 05-04-2009, 04:16 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
I would have many questions to ask.
Are you an American? or Canadian?
Is the house on the west or east side of the toll road?
Is it real close to the Beach?
Was the contract from Seller to Buyer only?
What kind of Title? or proof of ownership did the seller provide?
Was it called Ejido Land Contract with sellers name on it? with a red number in upper right corner?
Was it a Bank Trust (Fideicomiso).
Was it on a Mexican Land Lease.

Bear in mind that under the Mexican Constitution restricted land to foreigners extends 100 Kilometers (about 62 miles) deep inland from the coast so it's hard to OWN land outrite without going thru a Bank and pay a yearly fee as a guarantee to Mexico City. This means that virtually all of Baja Calif. is included in the "Prohibitive Zone".

Many Americans live in this area (I'm south of Rosarito 16 yrs in a Ejido land Subdivision).

Those questions I posted are just a few that I"m aware of and the best answers would be from a Abogado (lawyer). Find one that speaks English and go from there.

If your answers are positive on the questions ...don't despair...it's ony a matter of understanding all the answers to form a picture. There are many many Americans living here by the names in the phone book.

Wish you well... Steve

Old 05-05-2009, 07:51 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,056,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdmig View Post
My family is thinking of moving to Mexico for the beautiful beaches and the culture. We have a 7 year old that would need a good school and my husband would be gone a lot for work so we would need to be close to a major airport. We hope to find property on the water and would like some suggestions. I am looking for a safe area since my daughter and I would be alone for weeks at a time.
Cozumel. Private schools...

Old 08-02-2009, 05:25 PM

6 posts, read 46,341 times
Does anyone have comments on living in Loreto, Mexico? We vacationed in Cabos and loved it, but know we need to get a little away from there to live a much simplier life. I am new to looking for this, so bear with me.

Thanks

Old 08-03-2009, 12:34 PM

20 posts, read 55,022 times
with the slump in the world economy, the results of the govt drug crackdown, how is all this faring for Americans in Mexico? Is Mexico still a good bet to retire? I don't want to purchase, rent an apt or house, near the beach in a relatively medium sized city or near one. Any words of advice or insight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico