U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-13-2009, 06:41 AM

24 posts, read 33,171 times
Smile Not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
A lot of people are either leaving, have left or are planning on leaving this place.

I lived in Asia between late 1999 and 2003.

Can't wait to go back.

Could you provide a little more insight, please?

Where are most moving from and why and where in Asia were you which was found to provide more than Mexico.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 08:34 AM

24 posts, read 33,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antgar View Post
nop. the majority of the americans that live in Mexico are US Citizens, and are called americans, the people that decend from them and are born in Mexico are just mexicans, in Mexico we dont classified the people by race as US does, in Mexico all are mexicans regardless skin color.

Regards!
Now isn't that refreshing, it used to be that way in the United States ... We were American's[url]http://www.city-

Old 08-20-2009, 02:15 PM

549 posts, read 1,062,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Welcome to the forum!!!! How many american reside in Mexico in a permanet basis? and why?

Americans in Mexico????

Mexicans are Americans too. Lol...

Old 08-20-2009, 03:15 PM

1,452 posts, read 1,834,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Americans in Mexico????

Mexicans are Americans too. Lol...
Good point and one worth repeating for those who haven't looked at a map recently..

Wondering if there's a politically correct way of stating this.. It would be confusing to say a Mexican American -- or a US American, because actually we're all *North* American's.. Any ideas??

Old 01-22-2010, 06:26 AM

3 posts, read 5,910 times
anyone with any info on living in/near Colima, Colima? Housing cost, cost of living, etc for a single person who just wants a very simple life. Thank you

Old 01-23-2010, 07:31 AM

48 posts, read 74,476 times
Default Colima

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxeldee View Post
anyone with any info on living in/near Colima, Colima? Housing cost, cost of living, etc for a single person who just wants a very simple life. Thank you
Warm and humid, you can find any priced housing, you can shop from local markets to Walmart. Colima is a modern city with good medical and education. Not many gringos in the city and less in the country

Sparks Mexico Web

Old 02-06-2010, 06:50 AM

Hi Sparksmex,

Thanks for this bit of info. Have you lived in Colima before? I've been once back in 1989 on a hang gliding trip. Loved the feel of the place. I was there in February and don't recall it being humid. Must of been the wrong time of year.

Do you have any idea of price ranges to lease, or buy? I'd prefer a house on the city outskirts. 2 bedrooms, kitchen, living/dining room, not tiny, but not huge with electricity and running water and with perhaps some garden space. I'd consider living in or near city center too. What are utility bills like? I'm just trying to get a handle on costs to see if it would be worth me paying a visit next November. Is there a rainy season? If so, when is that? Just the usual questions I guess. There never seems to be much info about Colima on the internet. Thanks for any new light you may shed.

Best wishes, Ron White

Old 02-06-2010, 07:15 AM

48 posts, read 74,476 times
The rainy season is summer - May thru Sept. Colima could be comfortable Dec-March. The climate problem is the low elevation and in the valley does not get the ocean breeze. Like anywhere is Mexico you can find reasonable places with some looking - $4000 pesos or $350us is a good range. Utilities are not bad if you don't use AIR

I lived on the coast in Jalisco just north of the Colima border for 5 years and we visited Colima often

Sparks Mexico
http://sparks-mexico.com

Old 02-06-2010, 08:32 PM

471 posts, read 641,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
It would be confusing to say a Mexican American -- or a US American, because actually we're all *North* American's.. Any ideas??
It's hopeless. We can't even say we're from the United States without causing confusion, since Mexico is yet another United States Estados Unidos Mexicanos.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:54 AM

Thanks again sparks, for our help. I think i will check out the area next nov/dec.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico