Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2007, 09:26 PM
BNA BNA started this thread

21 posts, read 130,765 times

Advertisements

Good Evening! I Am Glad With This Forum, I Think We Can Write The Good Things About Mexico And Mexican People, I Ask Myself Why Don't Just Try To Write Something About It?
We Can Just Do It!
Thank You!!!! City-data.

P.s. I Have A Lot Of Mexican Friends And They Are Very Kind And Hard Workers, The Problems About Inmigration Issue Is Another Topic, I Am Just Trying To Write What I Feel And Think.
Thks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 02:44 PM

50 posts, read 183,150 times
Hi BNA,
It is very exciting to be able to hear something about Mexico. I am in London, England. I have never been to Mexico so I am waiting to hear what it is like.
Where abouts in Mexico are you? Where would be the best places to visit for a first time?

Old 02-10-2007, 03:51 PM

56 posts, read 555,909 times
To True Brit,,

Where you want to visit in Mexico will depend on what you want to experience, it is a very large country with mountain, beaches, deserts, jungles, big cities, small villiages,,,,, high tourist areas, and places where tourist rarely visit,,,, name your poison it is all there,,,, it has third world poverty mixed with extreme luxury, but mostly poverty,,,
I have traveled to most of the beach cities on the west and east coast,,,, and don't forget Baja where you can diver for a thousand miles and not see another person,,,,,
It has beautiful beyond belief, wonderful people,, high crime, you have to becareful no matter where you travel,, but common sense is your best guide,

Be more specific about what you enjoy or want to see,,,,

It is different that anything in Eroupe or the Far East so you must go for the experience,,,, good luck,,

Old 02-12-2007, 08:20 AM

50 posts, read 183,150 times
Bobizzy 3
Thanks for that. Maybe a beach resort would be a good start however I usually like to get away from the really touristy areas and get a feel for what the country is really about; small towns,villages, meet locals etc. I have a couple of friends who have visited as Mexico is becoming a more popular destination for British people recently, but mostly to the beach resorts I think.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:11 PM
BNA BNA started this thread

21 posts, read 130,765 times
Mexico City is pretty nice but the pollution and other issues can give you a lot of problems...hahaha...lol!!! any way the beaches, mountains, small towns are wonderful options to visit...
I love to visit my friends from Mexico City and Queretaro City, you have to drive 2 hrs at north to Mexico City to get there and I really recommend to go to Central Mexico and Cancun!!! my God! is just wonderful!
I love Mexico even the issues that the country has, and I love to practice my Spanish with the hispanic, latin people. I learned many things about this wonderful culture, and I am proud to speak not just English if not Spanish and little Italian and French, I think the Romance Languages are just amazing!

Old 02-20-2007, 08:11 PM

642 posts, read 2,552,587 times
My first real trip into Mexico was a little place called Costa Azul about 30 minutes drive out of Puerto Vallarta. (PV is pretty yucky) It is in the town of San Francisco in the state of Nayarit. I really liked the people of Nayarit. I have known several here, where I live as well. Its a wonderful surfing getaway with day trips into the jungle to archeological remains, and into small villages & shopping. Horseback riding, surfing lessons, kayaks sitting there on the beach waiting to be used. Wonderfully small and quaint. I want to make a trip to Oaxaca very badly, myself. Culture, tradition and beauty. You might also try a resort that is ecological. There are several very good ones in South America as well. In particular one in Costa Rica and one in Honduras. As far as going to inland smaller towns that are not touristy I know my daughter was going to visit family and her Dad said no tank tops especially spaghetti straps. That was only when your at the beach. Much more conservative in many ways. Buuut could be just because he is her Dad too.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:56 AM

272 posts, read 1,510,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Brit View Post
...Maybe a beach resort would be a good start however I usually like to get away from the really touristy areas and get a feel for what the country is really about; small towns,villages, meet locals etc. I have a couple of friends who have visited as Mexico is becoming a more popular destination for British people recently, but mostly to the beach resorts I think.
There are a lot of options for you to explore. Beach resorts are not necessarily all too touristy, depending on where you go. Especially on the Pacific Coast. The area north of Puerto Vallarta, which is now being called Vallarta-Nayarit, is full of very small villages (but growing fast) and is very pretty. You can get a good idea of that area at this website http://www.vallarta-mexico.com/areas.htm

http://www.banderasnews.com/vallarta-photos/north-coast.htm will give you photos of the area's towns: Punta de Mita, Bucerias, La Cruz, Sayulita, San Pancho (aka San Francisco), Las Penitas and Guayabitos.

You might also want to look at Manzanillo, a city south of Vallarta, and the Costa Allegre between the 2 cities. Manzanillo definitely brings in tourists, but it's a very Mexican city with plenty to see and do, and all the services you need/want as well-- it's the real thing. Try http://www.gomanzanillo.com/, and for the coastal area north of Manzanillo (stunningly beautiful) try http://www.costalegre.ca/ From your "wish" list I think you might really enjoy that area of the coast: Barra de Navidad, Melaque, Careyes, La Manzanilla...

If you are interested in Mexico's Colonial Cities, try this website: http://www.mexperience.com/mexicoexperiences/colonialcultureandheritage.htm Most of these cities are amazing places to explore (don't forget your camera!)

I hope this is helpful to you.

Last edited by Baja Boomer; 02-25-2007 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: Fixed URLs

Old 04-07-2007, 01:26 PM

67 posts, read 454,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Brit View Post
Bobizzy 3
Thanks for that. Maybe a beach resort would be a good start however I usually like to get away from the really touristy areas and get a feel for what the country is really about; small towns,villages, meet locals etc. I have a couple of friends who have visited as Mexico is becoming a more popular destination for British people recently, but mostly to the beach resorts I think.
I visited LaPiedad for a couple weeks, it is in the mountains. I loved it there. We took Mercedez buses to several places, had a wonderful time. I really want to go back to that part of the country. We have friends in Chapala, where we stayed for a few days. I liked that as well, but found the humidity was a lot to deal with. (sinus headaches, etc.) Beautiful country.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:46 PM

341 posts, read 1,487,102 times
I grew up in El Paso on the border. I'm not hispanic. And yet I had no clue that there was ANY difference between whites and mexicans? I saw no color or divide. They were my clerks, teachers, friends, dates. We were all just together. No thought to it. But if I had to pin point a positive trait...it is they have a great sense of family. Otherwise...no differences. They work, own cars, have a parakeet in a cage & steal the neighbors newspaper just like you and I. lol

Old 04-09-2007, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,894 times
To all readers: enjoyEP gave an excellent method for visiting not just Juarez, but Mexico (or anyplace else in the world, as a matter of fact). My own wife had great fear of going to Mexico, until a few weeks ago. We flew from Juarez to Mexico City and spent 6 nights at the fantastic Mexico City Hostel (Front desk Barbara is the best!). During that time, we visited most of the tourist spots, I got Montezuma's Revenge, and had a very fine experience among the Capitalinos. Other places that I'd recommend: El Golfo de Santa Clara, where the Colorado River formerly poured into the Gulf of California, and perhaps the most beautiful spot in El Paso--it is Anapra Park in Juarez! An obscure and difficult to get to, lovely, tree shaded park on the Rio Bravo and Boundary Marker #1 (The USA has a miserable, filthy dirt lot adjacent to it that is extremely difficult to access.) is well-worth the time and trouble to get to. Bring yourself a picnic/buy goodies at any of the many excellent stores in Juarez. If you're in luck, there'll be a small mobile merchant selling hamburgesas, and if you're brave enough, you might want to swim in the river with the locals! Then, if you return to the USA, you run the risk of real trouble because of overconfidence, indulgent excess, etc. I'm not putting the USA down, its just that we often times make assumptions and cannot experience true cultures. Heck, if you are just out to party on the cheap or because you're underage and you go to Juarez for that reason alone, it is almost a guarantee that you'll have a bad time. You might even die from it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico