U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-17-2008, 12:27 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,958,975 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Cozumel (3 years) and Cabo San Lucas (2 years) and was a store manager for Diamonds International and Pacific Jewelry. My husband is from Mexico City originally.

We currently live in California, but are considering relocating next summer. We may move to Austin Texas, but I was curious about Loreto as I hear that it's growing quite a bit.

I'm a Paralegal, however I know it is nearly impossible for me to find work in this area there. I'd love to work from home and have considered Real Estate. How does one get into selling real estate in Mexico? Is is realistic to earn at least $2000 month in that industry? Is the market healthy?

How are the schools? I've got a 1 and a 12 year old.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 02:33 AM

272 posts, read 1,039,912 times
Cabolissa, the real estate market throughout Mexico's resort areas has seriously tanked as a result of the US economic mess. Loreto is no exception. It is not difficult to get into selling real estate (though not as easy as it used to be), but I'm not sure now would be a good time. The Villa Group has begun timeshare sales in Loreto--- don't know how well they're doing, as I hear that tourism is down there as is the case in most of Baja, but if you're good at sales, timeshare can be a way to make very good money. I think the best place to go for first hand information would be the Baja Nomad forum at BajaNomad Forums - "Peace, Love & Fish Tacos" There are folks there who live in Loreto, and they can tell you what you need to know, including info about schools.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:16 AM

1,016 posts, read 1,958,975 times
Thank you... I'm not interested in timeshare, but real estate. I had quite a few friends who sold timeshare in Cabo when I lived there, and income was quite spotty at best... Loreto's market is slower I imagine.
Thanks for the link, I'll check out the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico