Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:04 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,181,866 times

Advertisements

You'll need to get an FM-3 if you're here longer than 6 months. Not a difficult process but definitely time consuming. Best to have a company that helps you with the process. I'm sure there're threads on this site talking about this issue specifically. I'll try to find a good one later.
Where do you plan to live in Mexico when you retire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 07:08 PM

272 posts, read 1,507,356 times
I thought I'd share some pictures of Puerto Penasco on such a fine Mother's Day. Point your browser to http://rptides.blogspot.com/2009/05/...cky-point.html for some beaches and pelicans, and wish you were there.

The color of the day is blue...

Old 05-10-2009, 09:01 PM

Blue it is! More great pics.. Love your website!
With your permission I'd like to borrow that Mark Twain quote to post on my FB page... I guess that may represent many of us who have chosen to live in Mexico! Despite all the travails and the slow and irritating bureacracies, the bad drivers, the 'manana' syndrome, I wouldn't choose to be anywhere else.. *Unfortunately*, I have to go back next week to deal with family stuff but hope to return within a few weeks.
Thanks for the Mother's Day pictures..

Old 05-11-2009, 04:36 AM

Thanks for the kind words, SarahSal. Heck, it's Mark Twain's words, not mine; you don't need my permission (but it was nice of you to ask). I agree about those words representing many of us who choose to live in Mexico-- and other countries outside of the USA.

Another quote of his that I like: "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."

Old 05-11-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Boomer View Post
Thanks for the kind words, SarahSal. Heck, it's Mark Twain's words, not mine; you don't need my permission (but it was nice of you to ask). I agree about those words representing many of us who choose to live in Mexico-- and other countries outside of the USA.

Another quote of his that I like: "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Guess I'll have to snag that one, too!! Gracias.. ss

Old 05-16-2009, 04:17 PM

It's fairly quiet here in Bucerias (just went to buy some gifts as I prepare to leave Monday for about a month) Not many tourists about but some predict things are about to pick up again. I also had a friend say he'd actually had trouble getiing a flight to Vallarta from Knoxville - no seats available! Hopefully, this is a good sign that the panic is past and things will return to normal soon - or as normal as off-season allows..

It has been hot but the afternoon breezes help a lot.. Although I won't be gone that long, I'm already missing this place - a lot. I'll miss the wildly blooming bougainvillea and my bright yellow copa de oro - and even the sounds of workers building away in my neighborhood, their ranchero music blasting away. The dusty field next door, formerly a mango grove, is actually, very slowly starting to turn green (as though it knows the rains are coming). Even though I think I probably wouldn't last through the summer (especially September) someday I'd like to experience one entire year here! Sort of like reverse winter in the states. For now though, it's back to family and responsibilies..

Old 05-17-2009, 09:20 AM

It's more than fairly quiet in Puerto Penasco, you could shoot a cannon down any given street on most days without fear of hitting anyone. Pretty rough on the shop owners and hotels/condos these days.

Ah, September in coastal Mexico... One hopes the air conditioner doesn't die and finally fully understands the reason for Siesta and late suppers... LOL

Have a good and productive stay in "the Old Country", and a safe return to Bucerias when the time comes!

Old 05-17-2009, 09:57 AM

Gracias, Baja Boomer.. We hope to be back to our 'new country' in 3 weeks to a month.

Funny - We always got a chuckle out of this.. Some of the oldtimers in Tennessee used to ask us if we were going to New Mexico or "Old Mexico"!

Old 05-18-2009, 03:40 AM

5,802 posts, read 11,840,393 times
Thank you for tip on the FR-3 form, SarahSal, and by the way, I have another question concerning Ajijic.
Someone told me temperatures go down as much as 8°C in winter, it's hardly warm in my book (I guess it's only at night though).
But it seems to me the region is more suited for staying in summer , what do you think ?

Old 05-23-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
Gracias, Baja Boomer.. We hope to be back to our 'new country' in 3 weeks to a month.

Funny - We always got a chuckle out of this.. Some of the oldtimers in Tennessee used to ask us if we were going to New Mexico or "Old Mexico"!
That's funny. I know that people in New Mexico are always getting a kind of similar thing from acquaintances (and government employees) who don't know that NEW Mexico is a state. OMG, you live THERE? Aren't you afraid? Can you drink the water? Do you need a passport? What's the exchange rate on pesos? I'm sorry, we can't send items to a foreign country. And so on. LOL.

It was the same when I lived in Hawaii. Can we use American money there? Do they speak English there?

Sigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico