Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,953 times

Advertisements

I miss the part of mexico i go to,, I go to Palau,Coahuila.. i just got back this sunday that past.. its where my family comes from i have everyone there all my family from both side sides is there! my dads and moms and grandmas family live there. And all my friends.
i love it.. i live in Kaufman tx, not very nice but down here, everyone from palau who has came down here so kind of this is called palau,tx lol.. but everyone out there dont forget about your HomeTown in Mexico that Stays Beautiful !!
Love: Araliza Y. Tovar

Last edited by araliza; 10-21-2009 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: missed spelled
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 10:35 AM

16,511 posts, read 19,630,556 times
Coming back again for NYE! I am addicted to PVR. CAN'T STAY AWAY!

Old 12-23-2009, 10:42 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,430,902 times
I don't blame you! Have a GREAT time!

Old 08-22-2010, 07:17 PM

67 posts, read 454,360 times
My wife and I will be going back to Yurecuaro, Michoacan in December for four months. She is Mexican, I'm not. Her mom comes from Zamora, Michoacan. I love it there. Though I am not fluent, I can get by. The people are very friendly and everything is situated around us within walking distance. If we need to go further, we take a Taxi or a bus. I can't wait to go back.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:41 PM

Have a great time, guvjim!

Old 09-23-2010, 06:42 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,038,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Boomer View Post
My mom grew up during the Great Depression, and a motto she lived by for the rest of her life was: "Use it up; wear it out; make it do; or do without". I think that describes the attitude of many Mexicans (and Americans would do well to emulate it a bit more).

If they can't afford new they make do with what they have, and they are endlessly inventive. I remember many years ago in Los Cabos when a gringa friend had an old pickup truck with a radiator full of holes. She couldn't afford a new radiator and couldn't find anyone to repair it because it was so far gone. An elderly Mexican man down the street took a look at it and said "Wait here, I'll be right back."

When he returned he brought with him a box of oatmeal from the local tienda, which he promptly poured into the radiator (along with a great deal of water). When she started the engine the oatmeal temporarily plugged the holes. Success! Both of them beamed, and of course he refused any form of compensation.

She probably drove that truck at least another couple of months, regularly replacing the oatmeal, and though the front of the truck (and the windshield) were usually covered with splatters of oatmeal it worked well enough to get her by until she could get a new radiator.

Can you imagine anyone in the USA coming up with such a solution?

No problema in Mexico...

Baja Boomer/La Huerita
Rocky Point Tides
Yeah let's live a life where we have to shove oatmeal down our radiator? Yippeee! Yes we in America would easily come up with a half brained idea like that............but we strive to be better and do better. That is the difference between Mexico and America..........or atleast what America used to represent. That's also why we beat out the Mexicans during the Mexican American war. We could have taken Mexico City but we didn't.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post

but we strive to be better and do better.
Where did you get such a harebrained idea?

Old 09-25-2010, 12:48 PM

3,558 posts, read 4,386,719 times
Quote:
Yeah let's live a life where we have to shove oatmeal down our radiator? Yippeee! Yes we in America would easily come up with a half brained idea like that............but we strive to be better and do better. That is the difference between Mexico and America..........or atleast what America used to represent. That's also why we beat out the Mexicans during the Mexican American war. We could have taken Mexico City but we didn't.
OK SoCal. . .I could give a hoot about the oatmeal-in-the-radiator story. But, what exactly are you refering to when you state, "the difference between Mexico and America. . ."? America? This is beffudling! What you most likely mean to say is. . ."the difference between Mexico and The United States."

FYI, America is not a country. It is a continent which extends from from Ellesmere Island Canada in its northern hemesphere all the way to Tierra del Fuego Argentina at its southern hemispheric end. It is divided into three regions, i.e., North America, Central America, and South America. North America is comprised of Canada, The United Stated and Mexico.

Because America encompasses all three regions, guess what: the term American legitimately belongs to anyone born within in any of these three regions. So, a person from Uruguay (South America) is as American as one from Nicaragua (Central America) or as one from Canada (North America). Don't believe me? Go to Webster's or The Oxford Dictionary and look up the term American.

So, in the future, please clarify what part of America you are refering to. Like it or not, it is what it is.

Again, don't forget that the term American does not solely pertain to someone from the United States of America. Those of us born in this continent - especially those of us who can trace our ancestry back hundreds of years - are proud Americans! Matter of fact, that's why my motto is, "God bless America. . .all the way from southern Argentina to northern Canada."

Old 11-06-2010, 02:00 PM

65 posts, read 326,191 times
Quote:
To be better and do better huh? On what cost? Did yok know that if the whole world would consum what the United States consums we would need the production of 4 Earths? Anything, you name it, you have low prices because most of your products are made someplace else where people receive low wages, bad work conditions. Do you know where all your trash ends up? Recycled? Think twice. Do better is not only about getting better, bigger, new things when the old ones don't work anymore. Yes everything is nicer in the USA, but see all the changes that the so called "American way of life" has done to the rest of the world and nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico