U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-15-2009, 07:05 AM

2 posts, read 8,281 times
Default Cost of a Taxi from Queretaro airport to centro

My wife is going to be in Queretaro a few weeks, she has about a 1000 pesos left from her last time in Mexico, is this enough to get from the airport to the center of the city? She is doing a homestay so she only needs enough money to get to her homestay house then find an ATM or bank for her daily needs. Does anyone know the typical cost for a ride into the center of the city from the airport?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 07:32 AM

3,163 posts, read 7,575,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy 2 View Post
My wife is going to be in Queretaro a few weeks, she has about a 1000 pesos left from her last time in Mexico, is this enough to get from the airport to the center of the city? She is doing a homestay so she only needs enough money to get to her homestay house then find an ATM or bank for her daily needs. Does anyone know the typical cost for a ride into the center of the city from the airport?
I'm not sure about the exact cost of the taxi, but 1,000 pesos should be more than enough, even though the taxis in the airport are more expensive I doubt that he'll charge more than 400 pesos.

Taxis in the airport have a map divided in zones A, B, C, D every one of them has a different price, tell her to be sure that the price they charge her is the price that appears in the map, should be around 250 - 400 pesos max.

Good luck!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:03 AM

5,120 posts, read 9,621,923 times
Been a few yrs since I flew into Mexico City. Most first time visitors exit the door and take a taxi at the curb. People are NOT aware of the map on the window that has the circle with fixed fees/zones. A address within the circle.determines how much (probably the same system in Queretaro) a person pays.

Do know that in MC you will pay a regular taxi double the fare leaving the airport then what you pay returning to it. They will ********* big time. My first time when not knowing any Spanish they took me for a ride and later on would let the driver know that I lived there (broken Spanish) enough that they could not pull the wool over my eyes.

They love American (tourists) visitors with dollars so they can sock it to you.

Steve

Old 06-19-2009, 04:12 PM

4 posts, read 13,188 times
I believe Travelling fella should be right. It shouldn´t be more than $400 pesos. It should be closer to $300 or $250. My girlfriend just took a taxi last week from the Bajio airport in the city of Leon to Irapuato which is about 45 minutes away and she only paid $390 pesos.

The Queretaro airport is about 30 to 25 minutes away from downtown Queretaro so it should be even less. So $1,000 should be more than enough for her taxi.

Hope that helps!

Old 07-15-2010, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 8,281 times
Thanks for the information.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:30 PM

93 posts, read 152,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I'm not sure about the exact cost of the taxi, but 1,000 pesos should be more than enough, even though the taxis in the airport are more expensive I doubt that he'll charge more than 400 pesos.

Taxis in the airport have a map divided in zones A, B, C, D every one of them has a different price, tell her to be sure that the price they charge her is the price that appears in the map, should be around 250 - 400 pesos max.

Good luck!
I agree with this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico