U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 05:35 PM

3,441 posts, read 6,928,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I've never felt unsafe in this country and I live here and I go to Juarez and all those dangerous cities frequently.
Ohh you do? What do you do there? Juarez is a very poor area with nothing but factory's setup by U.S corporations and like I said very poor areas.

Also Juarez is plastered with pink or black crosses indicating that a female was killed and they are all over the town and yet you "feel" safe and you see nothing wrong with the situation? I find that very strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 06:39 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,234,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
You are VERY ignorant. There is no "Mexican Government" because the people who don the Mexican uniforms are one and the same with the drug cartels.

The situation is such that the Mexican people who have nothing to do with the violence are just as afraid of the "Mexican officials" as they are of the drug cartels. It is for this reason for example why all the murders of the innocent girls in Ciudad Juarez have yet to be solved as high ranking officials have blocked investigations.

As for the rest of you who think Mexico is safe my question to you is what kind of pipe are you people smoking? Mexico is one of the most dangerous places in the world and is currently in the lead for the most kidnappings in South America.

Mexico tops the list for number of kidnappings in Latin America M3 Report

ciudad juarez killings - Google Videos
Mexico is part of North America not South America

Old 07-24-2009, 12:12 AM

117 posts, read 255,625 times
Most of these people listen to the biased news WAY too much. All you hear is "All Mexicans are dangerous", "All Mexicans rape and kill", "All Mexicans want to cross the border and reclaim land in the US". That is all bull crap! They want to make everyone think that all Mexicans are disgusting trash, which is is not right at all.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:35 AM

5 posts, read 8,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Mexico is becoming far too dangerous a place to travel to and in. The Drug cartels are taking over the country

And, it is getting worse by the day
Oh! come on, USA is far more dangerous than Mexico, it's true drug cartels are dangerous but most of the time these kind of executions occurs between drug cartels.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:09 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,704,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikomaster View Post
Oh! come on, USA is far more dangerous than Mexico, it's true drug cartels are dangerous but most of the time these kind of executions occurs between drug cartels.
I tend to agree with you! When you consider all the drug-related crimes in the U.S.'s largest inner cities - any crime comparison between the US and Mexico seems heavily weighted towards the US..

To me, this year has seemed like an unwarranted character assasination of Mexico! It's amazing what huge economic harm the hungry-for-news media can create. The picture they have painted does not ring true - makes you wonder what has happened to reporting the truth.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:38 PM

25,100 posts, read 33,774,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikomaster View Post
Innocents have been killed along the border - people caught in the cross fire. And some of this is in touristy towns - TJ, Nogales.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:47 PM

15,978 posts, read 19,278,987 times
Default Metro Police Crime View in Las Vegas

I don't know what other cities have to reveal the crime in their areas, but here in Las Vegas you can go to Metro Police, click on any area of this city, and check for the crimes committed in any particular neighborhood for the past week, or month, using Crime View.

Take a look sometime, take your time. After reading that, your next trip may be to a safer country south of the Border.

Let's never forget, that back during the last Great Depression there was a wave of kidnappings right here in the U.S.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:06 PM

47,576 posts, read 57,457,395 times
Phoenix, AZ has become some kind of kidnapping capital. Drug cartels have taken control over many areas even some of our national forests.

Most of the worst character assasination of Mexico is done by the Mexicans themselves, those people making excuses why they no longer want to live in their country but demand to be given USA citizenship. They are the ones claiming that back in Mexico, they would starve to death, that only by coming to the USA can they "better" themselves as though living in Mexico makes them lower. No American comes close to the Mexicans themselves when it comes to claiming that life in Mexico is so horrendous that their only option is to leave and even come here illegally.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:28 PM

15,978 posts, read 19,278,987 times
Default Bartender Talk in Tijuana

I was talking to an English-speaking bartender one night in TJ, in regards to the beggars on the streets there, mostly Indians.

He stated that no one goes starving in Mexico and urged me not to give $$ to them as there are organizations throughout Mexico to insure that no one goes without food.

He told me that someone like the wife of the President goes around the country urging the wealthier classes in different cities to give to those causes.

Is this to be believed? That no one is starving or going food-less in Mexico?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:39 PM

47,576 posts, read 57,457,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I was talking to an English-speaking bartender one night in TJ, in regards to the beggars on the streets there, mostly Indians.

He stated that no one goes starving in Mexico and urged me not to give $$ to them as there are organizations throughout Mexico to insure that no one goes without food.

He told me that someone like the wife of the President goes around the country urging the wealthier classes in different cities to give to those causes.

Is this to be believed? That no one is starving or going food-less in Mexico?
Mexico is second only to the USA in obesity rates.

There are people starving in Mexico just like in the USA there are starving people. Anorexics starve to death to be fashionably skinny. Drug addicts spend their money or welfare checks and food stamps on drugs and fail to feed their children.

It's very common for people from Mexico to justify leaving their country to claim they left it because everyone is starving there and they can't feed their children but that's just a justification. In Mexico they would have to work hard to feed their children but in the USA they can get food stamps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or