U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-22-2009, 08:12 PM

739 posts, read 1,265,296 times
Default snowboarding in mexico

Are there any mountains in mexico that have good snow?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 07:37 AM

4,125 posts, read 6,490,931 times
Default No

There is no skiiing in Mexico.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:08 AM

1 posts, read 8,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
There is no skiiing in Mexico.
Of course there is
[url=http://www.monterreal.com/monterreal_e/index.htm]Bosques de Monterreal[/url]

There are plenty of places in Mexico however, Mexico's image to the world is about excellent beaches, I guess the government is not interested in winter sports, (that is why many people think there is no snow in Mexico as you can see in the last comment) because Canada and the USA have both great resorts, the market is full already, but Mexico has more adavantage in the tropical resorts places, where Canada and mostly US are weak.

The last link is in the mexican state of Coahuila, that is a good ski resort, here is a comment from a canadian visitor.

"We travel to Mexico frequently, at least 2-3 times per year and our vacations have mostly been to the beautiful beaches. This time we wanted to try something different and the idea of skiing in Mexico was enticing. My brother-in-law remembered reading an article on a Ski Resort in Mexico in the paper 3 years ago. So with a few minutes search on the internet, he came across the website, [url=http://www.monterreal.com]Bosques de Monterreal[/url] At first glance I thought this place was in Canada, snow capped mountains, pine trees and remote log cabins. We planned a weekend stay over the Thanksgiving holiday. The only thing dissapointing was that there was no snow this time of year. The snow falls late December, January, & February. But the tempreture was still very cold 35F - 50F. We traveled with our families, my husband, me and three kids, and my sister's family of also three kids. We stayed in a Rustic log cabin that accomodated our large group. It was really nice. It had all the amenities, including a wood burning fire place, a large gas heater and two electric heater for the bathrooms. The sceanery was breathtaking. The area where we stayed was close to the reception area where all of the activies were held (approx 8000 Ft above sea level), they included skiing, horseback riding, four-wheeling, bike trails and hiking, indoor heated pool, gym, jacuzzi, tennis and baskeball courts and a kids club. Most of the activies were free of charge, others like the skiing, horse riding and fourwheeling were additional but included a guided tour and/or instructor. The golf course was a hike away by car up the mountains approx. 10,000 ft. But once you got to the top, it was worth it. This resort is located about 45 minutes from Saltillo, and about 90 minutes from Monterrey. If you ever want to try something different in Mexico, try this place, I don't know how to compare it to the Ski resorts in Colorado becasue I've never been, but it rates really high for my standards. I bet this would also be a great gett-a-way for couples on anniveraries, but it's also great for kids. I've attached a few photos from our vacation."

source: [url=http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150785-d591384-r4154253-Monterreal_Resort_Golf_Club_and_Ski-Saltillo_Northern_Mexico.html]Skiing & Golf in Mexico in the Mountains - Review of Monterreal Resort Golf Club and Ski, Saltillo, Mexico - TripAdvisor[/url]#

I hope is helpful!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:47 AM

4,125 posts, read 6,490,931 times
Red face I guess they have snow skiiing in Dubai too?

Dubai Ski Resort (Photos) - Netlore Archive

I kind of discount man made structures as ski resorts, but that's just me. Also, when I lived in El Paso, it used to snow, I guess El Paso is also a ski resort... it has some nice mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico