Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:50 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,903,257 times

Advertisements

When and IF you send Peso (20,50,100,200,500 bills) money thru the mail...it is NOT money...it's made of PLASTIC... besides who can see thru the paper envelope what is in the inside.

The country is dealing with PLASTIC currency.

The MOST they can do is confiscate the letter with it's contents.

Jeeez....such a BIG deal over a trivial thing.

Take a break El...spend some time in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 10:27 AM

11 posts, read 34,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_inombrable View Post
Who sends letters this days? Send a email....

Is forbiden to send money in the mail service of Mexico.

Email not an option....they don't have a computer.

Who would know if there is money inside if it isn't opened?

Old 10-21-2009, 10:33 AM

[quote=Steve Bagu;11283153]When and IF you send Peso (20,50,100,200,500 bills) money thru the mail...it is NOT money...it's made of PLASTIC... besides who can see thru the paper envelope what is in the inside.

It wouldn't be peso...it would be paper dollar

Old 10-21-2009, 10:48 AM

Just looked inside my wallet...it is not paper...it is PLASTIC currency.

A trivial thing considering how many laws I see are being broken every time I go to Rosarito or the border.

I'm done here...going to make breakfast and have a cup of coffee.

Steve

Old 10-21-2009, 11:43 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,173,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyerat View Post

Internet cafes are plentiful and cheap.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:47 PM

972 posts, read 3,921,592 times
Quote:

You know there´s other options to send money to mexico, right?

Make the things right is easy, but takes a little more time. Just send a money order or transfer wire.

If is illegal to send money by mail, why do it? You can do what you want, but if you´re discovered by mexican authorities, you could have a bad time when you go to Mexico.

Regards....

Old 10-21-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
When and IF you send Peso (20,50,100,200,500 bills) money thru the mail...it is NOT money...it's made of PLASTIC... besides who can see thru the paper envelope what is in the inside.

The country is dealing with PLASTIC currency.

The MOST they can do is confiscate the letter with it's contents.

Jeeez....such a BIG deal over a trivial thing.

Take a break El...spend some time in Mexico.
How is not money if is made or paper or plastic?

I am living in Mexico

Old 10-21-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_inombrable View Post
You know there´s other options to send money to mexico, right?

Make the things right is easy, but takes a little more time. Just send a money order or transfer wire.

If is illegal to send money by mail, why do it? You can do what you want, but if you´re discovered by mexican authorities, you could have a bad time when you go to Mexico.

Regards....

If I understand the law correctly I can bring into or mail into up to $9,999.99 us dollars.

Let me understand this.......the mexican authorities would give me a bad time coming to mexico if I send a little girl $5.00 so she may go to McDonalds for her birthday. My husband and I travel to Mexico at least once a year and unlike some, we tip mexican workers, ride in mexican taxis, stay at mexican resorts, shop at mexican stores, eat at mexican restaurants. They would rather not have that money being brought into mexico over sending a little girl a birthday card with $5.00 in it? That makes perfect sense to me.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:38 PM

Just got thru washing my car as I've got to cross the border into San Ysidro tomorrow and I come back to this debate again.

All a person has to do is look at a Peso note and it has a shiny texture (plastic content) unlike a paper note that was in circulation last yr. They (paper money) are all being picked up by the banks and plastic/paper issued in it's place.

Already DM'd the lady on what can be done with NO problem. If she loses the $5 I will gladly replace it.

I have some lawyer friends and a Judge in Mexico City that I've had dinner with many times so if worse comes to worse I can make a phone call.

Can't believe all this over a possible $5 bill. Look at all the Drug money going into Mexico.

Steve

Old 10-21-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
If I understand the law correctly I can bring into or mail into up to $9,999.99 us dollars.

Let me understand this.......the mexican authorities would give me a bad time coming to mexico if I send a little girl $5.00 so she may go to McDonalds for her birthday. My husband and I travel to Mexico at least once a year and unlike some, we tip mexican workers, ride in mexican taxis, stay at mexican resorts, shop at mexican stores, eat at mexican restaurants. They would rather not have that money being brought into mexico over sending a little girl a birthday card with $5.00 in it? That makes perfect sense to me.
Ok do it, you will not be the first one breaking the law in mexico....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico