Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:16 AM

27 posts, read 140,926 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I need to rent a unit of some type in Tijuana. Where are the decent areas to rent, something that is also accessible to the border for I am planning on working in the US. Come out of the wood works and give me some info, yeah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 01:12 PM

Hey kind folks, Please respond. I really could use this info. Thanks

Old 11-05-2009, 01:32 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,923,139 times
There is already a lot of info on other Mexico threads pertaining to TJ and Rosarito.

Do you want us to do your leg work for you?

In Rosarito you can drive up and down the streets from the main drag to the beach and see houses For Sale and some For Rent.

As for TJ...it's a large city...some nice areas and some so so areas...seeing is believing for yourself.

Take a week and explore.

Steve

Old 11-05-2009, 08:02 PM

I plan on doing my own legwork for sure Bagu but thank God that we have this wonderful technology available to help steer us in the right direction from the start. When I fly 3000 miles I want a game plan. So if there is anyone out there who lives in Tijuana that knows a good area or a specific unit for rent. We would love to get our hands on that info.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:43 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,923,139 times
I'm a common guy with different tastes. Same could be said for living conditions and how much money a person is willing to pay for those conditions. The place I built here is just that...a common place amongst the poorer people and not in some gated community.

TJ has those type of places that could be 1-2 blocks from a dumpy street. You would have to see for yourself if they meet your standards and pocketbook. Not everyone wants or would be happy in such conditions.

My question would be whether you have visited the interior of Mexico or stayed for a while at a border city to experience what it is like. Some places are advertised For Rent (Se Renta) in the local Mexican papers (reference to Colonias) sub divisions. As far as they go...have not visited them so do not know if the area is good or bad. That would be a matter of personal opinion and need to visit (see) the place advertised.

I did look to Rent or Buy when I lived in Mexico City..NO different there or here...all the same. Saw some places that my friends there would NOT go near due to crime etc. ..hell I did'nt know. Saw some nice bldgs/streets and two blocks over it was a dumpy area...same could be with TJ. I have driven thru many cities in Mexico and have seen some nice places and some bad places.

Your not doing your own leg work when asking others for some places that are For Rent. I see places For Rent by the beach all the time...how much...don't know.

Send someone a $1000 dollars and have them put a deposit on a place so you will have a room to sleep in when you get here.

You mentioned transportation. Calif is not New York City...Chicago etc with all the public facilities to use. Calif is a CAR state because everything is spread outwards and not upwards as in high rise apts etc. You would need a car in order to commute to a job. Without one your dead in the water.

Respect your high ideals... need to lower your sights a little as to how those on the west coast travel around be it Calif San Diego or TJ in Mexico.

I have helped with info for two different couples that I never met and they ended up buying homes on the beach south of TJ and towards Rosarito.

My info is honest from personal living time in Mexico for what it's worth. Do wish you luck.

Steve

Old 11-06-2009, 11:13 AM

149 posts, read 548,316 times
And ... commuting across the border to work in the US is likely to be mean many hours spent waiting in lines.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:24 AM

10 posts, read 85,924 times
Hi Doug,

I sent you a message. By the way "poster", the line leaving Mexico is not long anymore. At the most its an hour wait. I cross early every morning and only wait 20 minutes at the longest. My niece crosses a couple hours later than I do, and its 1 hour at the longest. Americans are freaked out because the news media blows stories about TJ out of proportion. If you are not part of the drug cartels, you have nothing to worry about here. Also, I live in TJ and am only 6 blocks from the beach in an area called Playas and only pay $425 a month for a 2 bed/2 1/2 bath. Very nice and clean area and feel very safe. It only takes me maybe 8-10 minutes to get to the border everyday. By the way San Diego has wonderful trolley and bus systems, so anywhere you want to get without a car is possible. I would choose TJ over Nogales. JMHO Good luck!

Old 11-13-2009, 09:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougo40 View Post
Hey all, I need to rent a unit of some type in Tijuana. Where are the decent areas to rent, something that is also accessible to the border for I am planning on working in the US. Come out of the wood works and give me some info, yeah!
clasificados tijuana apts/housing for rent - craigslist

You could check craigslist -- they have apartments and houses posted to rent.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:06 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssalcedo View Post
Hi Doug,

I sent you a message. By the way "poster", the line leaving Mexico is not long anymore. At the most its an hour wait. I cross early every morning and only wait 20 minutes at the longest. My niece crosses a couple hours later than I do, and its 1 hour at the longest. Americans are freaked out because the news media blows stories about TJ out of proportion. If you are not part of the drug cartels, you have nothing to worry about here. Also, I live in TJ and am only 6 blocks from the beach in an area called Playas and only pay $425 a month for a 2 bed/2 1/2 bath. Very nice and clean area and feel very safe. It only takes me maybe 8-10 minutes to get to the border everyday. By the way San Diego has wonderful trolley and bus systems, so anywhere you want to get without a car is possible. I would choose TJ over Nogales. JMHO Good luck!
i have lived here 20 years and cross frequently, never crossed in 20 minutes in my life at TJ not even on foot midweek . you must have a trick for this that i dont know about.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:09 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,313,804 times
I went to TJ last week, and it took 45 minutes to cross back across the order on foot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico