Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2010, 12:59 PM

129 posts, read 473,673 times

Advertisements

I am considering the pros and cons of living in Playas De Tijuana in a few months.

Can anyone tell me what are the passes available to cross the border faster as I would be working in San Diego and commuting every day.

Also if anyone knows if there is a lot of construction now with the roads leading there it would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 01:58 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
I live south of Rosarito (retired) and do not cross the border other then 2-3 times a month.

Initially when the sentry pass was issued...thought of getting one...saw the fee and the limited usage allowed for the particular fee involved...I backed off.

Meanwhile while in line saw the cars in the far right Sentry lane going a little faster then the lane I was in. Now the far lanes are full in the early AM hrs and the cars are moving slowly...what the advantage is now...don't know for sure. There was talk of using more lanes for the Sentry which would in essence cut down the lanes for the daily users...making more money for the coffers I suppose.

Only advantage I can see would depend if a person was crossing during the hrs after most have crossed going to work. As for me I try to cross between 8-9 AM when most have already crossed. At times it would be 15-30 mins at most.

Work on the TJ side is going on at the moment. People do not really know all the routes going to the border from TJ and a couple of ways are quicker then others. Takes time to learn the best route from a persons starting point.

Hope this little info helps.

Steve

Old 08-08-2011, 03:09 PM

74 posts, read 295,202 times
Hi,

Is there any more current information on crossing the border, and how much time you save (or dont) with the Sentri Pass?

Gracias!

Old 08-08-2011, 03:27 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Talking Sentri Pass

Little update as of last sat AM.

Mexico is still doing access work on one entrance to the TJ border while at the same time the US is working on the Border Patrol building itself.

1 hr-15 mins to cross at 7: 30 AM (Sat)

Sentri Pass is $129 for TWO yrs. You can click on US border Sentri Pass and get all the info needed.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,792 times
D0 not send anything to mexico via fedex unless you live close to an actual fedex hub. I had a letter w/my bank card sent from northern ca., To alamos, sonora. It actually arrived in obregon in 5 days. Despite promises of imminent delivery, and excuses that my address didn't exhist, even though I live on one of the two streets that pass the plaza, I finally borrowed money and took the bus to obregon and picked up my letter. personly l will never use fedex in mexico again, Too many lies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico