Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 11:59 AM

34 posts, read 158,106 times

Advertisements

Haven't been to Playa Azul, but have been told to check it out for cheaper properties. How does it compare to other towns along the coast? It seems smaller and quieter than a lot. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 12:03 PM

409 posts, read 2,633,758 times
You could try Brownsville. Its basically a Mexican city but in the USA.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:34 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
The city of Campeche and much of the surrounding state felt very safe. It's a beautiful city on the Gulf of Mexico with old colorful colonial buildings surrounded by old fortress walls and maybe one of the quietest and most laidback towns I've been to in Mexico. Great ruins with less tourists near by than Chichen Itza and Tulum and excellent seafood as well. I believe Campeche has the least murders of any Mexican state as well.

Other places like Oaxaca and Guanajuato felt pretty safe when I visited them--although I last visiited Guanjuato about 7 years ago, so I can't speak to how much it's changed since then.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:10 PM

13 posts, read 27,249 times
Hermosillo, its a small city in the middle of the state of Sonora and may not be the best, but its less than an hour away from the beach, a few hours from foresty-mountains and other great things.

Guadalajara is big, beautiful and full of art.

And uhm.. oh gee, well I guess anywhere is fine. As the others sayd before me, just stay away from border towns.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:00 PM

983 posts, read 1,633,759 times
Merida. Gorgeous and pretty safe.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,709 times
No such thing. Not here in Mexico or anywhere else....

Old 02-04-2011, 07:14 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
There is no city in the world with "no crime"---not even a small town in Norway.

But almost all cities beyond the border states have remained untouched by the current narco-crime.

Last edited by jtur88; 02-04-2011 at 07:25 AM..

Old 02-04-2011, 07:32 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Now that is a demonstration of ignorance. Acapulco, Morelia, Tepic, Mazatlan, the list is endless.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:44 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverTodd62 View Post
Now that is a demonstration of ignorance. Acapulco, Morelia, Tepic, Mazatlan, the list is endless.
The list is not at all endless. It pretty much ends at the four you named. I think even Tepic and Acapulco have had only one incident each, although it was highly publicized and pretty grisly, but there are no ongoing series of incidents. Most state capitals have been pretty much untouched, not to mention the larger provincial towns, nearly all of which are completely peaceful.

If you are so sure that my comment reflects "ignorance", you might spend a minute providing us with a few more names from your "endless list" of cities beyond the border states in Mexico that are known to be unsafe owing to ongoing drug gang activity.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:29 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
And I thought your list ended with border states? Here's some more: Culioacan, Durango, Tampico, San Luis Potosi, Ciudad Valles, Puebla, Cuernavaca, Xalapa, Lazaros Cardenas, lots of other small towns in the states of Michoacan and Guerrero located far far away from the border.

And I know you cleverly said border "states" to imply it was only on the border, but many cities in those large states well away from the border that would make the list are Monterrey, Chihuahua, Lerdo, Torreon, Valle Hermoso, Ciudad Victoria, and Ciudad Mante.

To suggest Tepic and Acapulco have only had one incident makes you the ultimate ostrich. Most incidents don't make the news unless dramatic. Just offhand, the dramatic ones in Acapulco include the 25 killed and 15 decapitated bodies dumped a month ago, and the 20 Michoacan tourists abducted and killed last fall - so much for "one incident each".

I'm not trying to sensationalize or hype anything but to say that areas beyond the border are "untouched by the current narco-crime" is either ignorant or deceitful at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico