Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 4,944 times

Advertisements

Hiya, Basically dental treatments are cheaper in Mexico because the overhead costs for dental clinics are lower- you're paying for the treatment not helping the dentist rent a clinic in a good location in a US city! That said there are always going to be dud dentists just trying to make a quick buck. You might be better booking through somewhere like dentistryinmexico.com to ensure the dentist is credible or else just jump a bus and take a chance... Good luck! btw - what dental work d'ya need - my friend got dental implants for 60% cheaper in Cancun than Texas!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 4,785 times
I am trying to find a dentist in San Blas, Mexico by the name of Rafael Ramirez. He comes highly recommended but my friend can't find his number. Can anyone help me out?

Old 02-10-2010, 08:20 AM

2 posts, read 8,848 times
Going to Guadalajara in May. I would like to have some dental work done while I am there. Does anyone have a dentist in Guadalajara that they could recommend to me?

Old 02-17-2010, 01:21 PM

2 posts, read 9,272 times
Default dental work in mexico

hi, sandra my name is jim i just wanted to know what was the dentist name. so i can make sure im not going to the same person thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra borg View Post
I have just returned from Yuma and had dental work in Algodones. I got a recommendation from home neighbor. and had work done about half price. returned home to have it fall apart and had to spend $1600 to repair one tooth with root canal redone and ill fitting crown replaced. I do not recommend trying dentistry in Mexico. my dentist told me he has to repair all types of work done in Mexico.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:39 PM

2 posts, read 9,272 times
Default okay you guys give it to me who is the best dentist in mexico

i just want to know who is the best in your opinion so i can take it into account when making a sound decision thanks

Old 03-03-2010, 09:37 AM

2 posts, read 8,848 times
Default Dentists at Lake Chapala

I have communicated with a dentist at Lake Chapala about having some dental work done. His name is Dr. francisco contreras gutierrez. Has anyone had experience with this dentist that they would like to share.

Thanks
Bob Walz
Florida
rjwalz1@prodigy.net

Old 06-06-2010, 01:42 AM

197 posts, read 549,037 times
Any recommendations for a doctor in MX that does Crowns and implants...

Old 08-24-2010, 12:05 AM

1 posts, read 3,910 times
I am very interested in coming to Leon, Gto for dental work. I need a bridge. Can you give me your location? I understand the dental school there is excellent. I'd like to take a few side trips to Gto., Qto., and SMA. Love that area. Thanks

Old 11-01-2010, 09:01 AM

4 posts, read 14,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermit9 View Post
I'd like recommendations for a dentist in Nuevo Progreso, especially if you've been going back to the same one for more than 16 to 24 months. The reason I say this is because it took about 16 months for a two piece bridge I had made there to fall out, because the tooth under the anchoring crown had become so decayed. It had to be extracted and replaced with a four piece bridge. Needless the say, I won't be going back to that "practice" any time soon. AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU!!!

The name of this place is: JEB Dental Location: Rio Plaza (1st bldg on right, across the bridge)
It's run by a father (on weekends) Juan Esparza Bocanegro and his son, David. Juan claims to have had a practice in Chicago many years ago and was partly trained in the US. His full-time practice is in Monterrey. This place is listed on the "shops_progreso.com" website.

I'm in the process of contacting professionals (doctors, lawyers, business owners, dentists) there to ask for recommendations for dentists from their personal experiences. If any of you have contacts there with whom I can communicate, I'd like to hear from you.
I'm looking for recommendations on dentists in Nuevo Progreso....any feedback you've received would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:07 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
My wife is just back from Progreso, where she had a permanent bridge put in to replace three back teeth. It cost $600. The USA dentist quoted $1,400. She is delighted with the work. It was in the Stetic Clinic of Dr. Verastegui. Her work was done by Evelyn Castanada, and I watched most of the procedure, and it was awesome to see her confident composure at work, with patience and sensitivity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico