U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 01:47 PM

6,968 posts, read 8,554,587 times
I love it! Took me back. I spent some time living right off the Zocalo and also in Colonia Santo Domingo out near UNAM with some of the original "squatters" there. I have lived and traveled to many other major world cities, and none grip me the same way that DF does. It might not be my *favorite* (Reykjavik and Edinburgh take that prize) but it's one that I could see myself living in or traveling to time and time again.

Thanks for the video!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 06:47 PM

186 posts, read 362,714 times
It's indeed an amazingly special city. Glad you liked it.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:32 PM

125 posts, read 144,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 970diego View Post
Here's a video I shot while visiting my hometown. Let me know what you think!

Mexico City on Vimeo

MOD EDIT Mexico!
Cool! Thank you muchísimo for a very professional video! The images were compelling and the video effects were very complimentary, especially the black and white shots. I also enjoyed the sound track which flowed with the video and added to the impact of many of the shots, especially the "up close and personal" shots. I though that it was a very introspective look at the heart and soul of Mexico City.

Last edited by linicx; 05-25-2010 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: Edit text.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:01 PM

186 posts, read 362,714 times
Glad you liked it!

Old 05-08-2010, 05:44 PM

972 posts, read 2,471,555 times
Check this videos from my city, Monterrey:

Joel Ruis is a photographer from Monterrey, and shows in a very unique form the lifestyle of the city.

6. [url="http://vimeo.com/9757069"]Plaza Morelos

MOD EDIT. ENGLISH ONLY. ~ READ THE RULES Tvimeo.com/joelruiz"]Joel Ruiz

5. Un instante de mi ciudad by Joel Ruiz

4. Siempre Ascendiendo by Joel Ruiz

Last edited by linicx; 05-25-2010 at 04:05 PM..

Old 07-21-2010, 12:24 PM

69 posts, read 202,153 times
very nice!

Old 07-22-2010, 07:59 AM

972 posts, read 2,471,555 times
Traveling fella is not moderator any more??

Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 AM

5,208 posts, read 9,957,815 times
What some of you ethnic Mexicans do not understand ...this is a US English Forum and NOT a SPANISH forum thus posts are to be made in ENGLISH.

I, as an American live in Mexico...speak and understand some Spanish but still understand that a avg American has NO idea what he/she is listening too or is able to read Spanish words.

In Calif I've heard a person (working employee) speaking in Spanish at a fast food restaurant using bad language thinking that the American customers do not understand what was being said. In my book thats not Kosher.

The initial threads may be about Mexico info wise which is nice but should be posted in ENGLISH so people can understand.

I have in my past posts mentioned about all the nice places I've visited that were not shown in tourists hand books...places that were worthwhile seeing in person.

As to travelling fella...I enjoyed some of his postings about his various visits of places I've never been too. He was in essence my touring guide of sorts.

So en ingles Por Favor. Stefhen

Old 07-22-2010, 10:36 PM

3,616 posts, read 4,121,108 times
So in other words if the video shot in Mexico has background of people on the street speaking Spanish forget it, its going to get banned? I'm sorry but that is a STUPID policy. Yes its an English forum and I see nothing but English postings in the threads. But blocking a video shot in Mexico with no Spanish narrative, just songs in Spanish is ridiculous.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:05 AM

471 posts, read 677,251 times
Although any link was broken in the original post, this may have been accidental when the moderators made their comments. They may have inadvertently clipped some of the code. I was still able to find the video using information still in the original post: Mexico City on Vimeo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico