Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 05:27 PM

798 posts, read 1,460,434 times

Advertisements

Hi, first of all I want to thank to all of you for your kindness in my latter post; nevertheless I'm still a bit worried about what to study in Miami since my last post (I posted the other day one about studying Nursing).
I have to fess up that I was interested in what most ppl say about the money more than how much I really like it that career. But now I changed my mind and it led me to thought about my real zeal. Psychology.
Nowadays I've always felt lured about Psychology since my sister studied even though I never took action because it gave me the impression that although is a beautiful career, it is hard to find a job. This particular thing made me feel a bit disappointed considering the huge investment of time (8 years in total I guess).
I am just wondering how will be the experience in that field in its different aspects: wage, job opportunities, etc, and more specifically what Universities have good reputation for this career.

I heard of University of Miami even though is hard to get into involved, not sure about Miami Dade College.

It would be extremely helpful if somebody gives me a hand in regarding this info and if this career REALLY worth not only to study but also to work in Florida <I wouldn't like to relocate if the case>.

Again thanks in advance for those ones who really are involved in the field or know about it and want to drop me a light!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 05:54 AM

798 posts, read 1,460,434 times
Oops, it seems my post didn't have echo. Just wonder why..Maybe there are not too much Psychologist interested.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:30 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Whatever field you go into make sure it is your passion, so if Psychology or Nursing is your passion go for it. But know many people do not always end up doing what they went to college for, life takes people in different directions after school and people find out afterwards that they may want to try something different later after school. So I probably wouldn't go to UM or any private school for a Psychology degree. You can get a perfectly good education at FIU or any of the other state schools in Psychology.

As far as little response to your questions. Sometimes these detailed questions may be hard for our members to answer if they are not familiar with it, so that is probably why you are not getting a lot of feed back on the subject.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:08 PM

20 posts, read 47,808 times
Default About Psychology

Hello!

Concerning MDC, I'm attending MDC and so are two of my psychology major friends. At MDC, it is VERY cheap and there are 7 campuses (not including the medical and other locations), there are psychology classes, but only up to an AA, no Bachelor's, but the credits are guaranteed to transfer to any in-state and some out of state universities. It's a beautiful career if you like it for the job and not just for the money. As for finding a job, you may have to look into working in Broward if you can't find a job in Miami-Dade for psychologist offers.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:15 AM

350 posts, read 1,522,291 times
Carlos Albiza University is a Miami school that specializes in psychology. As far as I can tell it is not SACS accredited, but all academic programs are MSACHE accredited, and the doctoral psych program is APA accredited. The school's Miami campus is located in Doral. They have another campus in San Juan, PR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: