Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 03:32 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,464,529 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqdel44dYXc

Old 03-30-2011, 03:52 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,389,646 times
Ok, so it's run down. I'll give you that, but pictures of run down buildings do not tell you anything about the character of the people, or how likely you are to get robbed in that area. It only tells you that there's not a lot of money to go around and that these people live a hard life. A lot of abandoned and damaged buildings in the South Florida area are buildings that sustained damage from windstorms and hurricanes, and people never got the money to repair them, so they abandoned them or left them in disrepair. Trash strewn in empty lots: Windstorms. Same thing happens in Boulder Colorado with all the strong winds they have there.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:27 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,034,404 times
Hahaha reptoid, loved the quotes from the LA forum. Its funniest thing I read in a while.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:27 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,874,053 times
areas to avoid-

anywhere west of US-1, in my oppinion

Old 03-31-2011, 08:52 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,907,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
areas to avoid-

anywhere west of US-1, in my oppinion
Yes watch out for the extreme ghettos of Coral Gables,Pinecrest,Kendall Miami Lakes, Miami Shores, Miami Springs and the poverty stricken University of Miami just to name a few.. That is just my opinion.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:09 PM

119 posts, read 311,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
Ok, so it's run down. I'll give you that, but pictures of run down buildings do not tell you anything about the character of the people, or how likely you are to get robbed in that area. It only tells you that there's not a lot of money to go around and that these people live a hard life. A lot of abandoned and damaged buildings in the South Florida area are buildings that sustained damage from windstorms and hurricanes, and people never got the money to repair them, so they abandoned them or left them in disrepair. Trash strewn in empty lots: Windstorms. Same thing happens in Boulder Colorado with all the strong winds they have there.

In the streets of Miami people buy AK 47 for $300 and black militias fire upon each other in morning traffic...

Also avoid Grand Avenue in Coconut Grove, Though I think that will be settled with soon no way that can stay ghetto that much longer considering they are surrounded

Old 03-31-2011, 09:44 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,366,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American1476 View Post

In the streets of Miami people buy AK 47 for $300 and black militias fire upon each other in morning traffic...

Also avoid Grand Avenue in Coconut Grove, Though I think that will be settled with soon no way that can stay ghetto that much longer considering they are surrounded
Grand is fine east of 32 Ave. Then again that's pretty much just Cocowalk...

Old 03-31-2011, 09:54 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,151,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Yes watch out for the extreme ghettos of Coral Gables,Pinecrest,Kendall Miami Lakes, Miami Shores, Miami Springs and the poverty stricken University of Miami just to name a few.. That is just my opinion.
hhahaha spot on

Imagine Pear living in my hood, she'll be miserable here. I live in Western side of west west west west west west Kendall.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:52 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,874,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post

I hear coral gables is like Overtown, just rows of junkies sleeping on Grand Ave. at night, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
hhahaha spot on

Imagine Pear living in my hood, she'll be miserable here. I live in Western side of west west west west west west Kendall.
I respect you for living out there, I would probably go insane. Living near Miami Beach is what makes living down here worth it to me, I try staying off of the Main Land as much as possible, I just have better memories in MB and I find more likeminded folks.

I'm sure the UM area is great, but unless I'm getting a cheap or free ride, I'll stick to BCC or FIU

Old 04-01-2011, 08:48 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,907,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I hear coral gables is like Overtown, just rows of junkies sleeping on Grand Ave. at night, huh?

I respect you for living out there, I would probably go insane. Living near Miami Beach is what makes living down here worth it to me, I try staying off of the Main Land as much as possible, I just have better memories in MB and I find more likeminded folks.

I'm sure the UM area is great, but unless I'm getting a cheap or free ride, I'll stick to BCC or FIU
Wrong city, that is Coconut Grove that you are alluding to and lest I am mistaken that is east of U.S. 1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami