Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 02:16 PM

531 posts, read 338,056 times

Advertisements

haha they come in the 2nd and leave in the 7th

Old 07-09-2010, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Or the Boston fans that cheered "NY Knicks" when they were about to beat Cleveland?
[url=http://www.sportsfan4.com/basketball/new-york-knicks-new-york-knicks/]New York Knicks, New York Knicks![/url]
Really not sure how you're using that as "evidence" that Boston fans are bandwagon jumpers. I'm not saying there aren't any bandwagon fans, though I'm sure there's less than in most cities (I know tons of long-time season ticket holders), but fans chanting to throw off Lebron with an intelligent chant is an indication of bandwagon fans?

What?

Does not compute.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:43 PM

470 posts, read 1,193,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
No he's not. This is still Dwayne Wade's county. Lebron is just a guest in Wade's place. He's not number one in Miami. The "King James" title was held for him at home. He left the number one spot in Cleveland, where he got everything he wanted to get a ring in Miami, which he may not automatically get. He's a prima donna. The Heat may win, but I predict there will be more infighting than ever. EGOs at stake like never before. LeBron is not mature enough to share the glory.

Not saying they won't win, but before it happens all egos need to be checked at the door. I'd never leave home to be second option in someone else's team. Plus the Heat don't have real fans. They're mostly bandwagon jumpers. All Basketball analysts, basketball fans and networks know that.
I don't know about all that, I don't think Lebron is going to be second option, I think that D Wade and Lebron will be both co captians and leaders, I don't think anyone will have the actual number one spot and main captain, if it does happen I'm sure it will after they have all talked and come to an agreement. And the Heat not having real fans doesn't mean anything. What does that have to do with anything? But just to clarify, the Heat does have real fans, a lot of years ago yeah most were bandwagon fans but now they have real fans and every year they get more and more and are the REAL ones, that no matter what, win or lose they are right there behind them.

Quote:
You can barely attract people at the arena, unless it's playoffs time in Miami. NYC, LA, Boston arenas are always full, whether their teams win or lose. Those are fans, not bandwagon jumpers my friends.
The arena is almost always full or at least enough people. And yeah, those teams have had real fans no matter what for a long time now because of many reasons, one being their cities are older, and their basketball teams have a richer history.

Quote:
Words of wisdom. These latin chics will give him a run for his money $$$$ in no time.
What are you trying to say here that since there are a lot of Latins in Miami that Lebron will go crazy trying to chase them and wife one of them? or are you trying to imply sluts? because in Miami most of the sluts are White and Black girls and of course most of the tourists.

Quote:
Shaq is already a has-been. He's too fat, old and lethargic. His better days are over. We all know that. He's dead weight now, in most teams he goes to.

Let's be real...ShaQ Some people clearly don't understand basketball. That's bandwagon jumper talk.
This is true, can't agree more.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Niceeeee @ Amway Center hosting the All Star Game in 2012. You have a point, imagine if Shaq were to come back to Miami? It would be a wrap. It's hard to predict what will happen in the future, I'm sure Orlando vs. Miami games are going to be crazy though. Another good game is going to be Miami vs. Boston, hopefully the Heat get their revenge, and also it will be cool to see the 3 (Allen, Pierce, Garnett) vs. the new 3 (Wade, James, Bosh).
Miami vs Boston now is going to be crazy, any teams with stars like that against each other is going to crazy. The Heat's three is better than the Celtic's three though, Wade and Lebron are both two of the best in the league and the top of the top, but in the Celtic's, Garnett is the only one that is top of the top, Ray Allen is good but not up there enough and same with Bosh, Pierce is under all of them though. Miami's three seems better and more star studded.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
As much as I dont like James decision.....man he sex life has got a whole lot better!!
LOL yeah with all the tourists and models from all around the world in Miami

Old 07-09-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Is Lebron married?? If so he might want to get the paper work ready. Too much tail in Miami. Dude is in trouble.
How? there too much tail everywhere. Yes Miami has some of the most beautiful, if not the most beautiful women and all the tourists and models and celebrities that go there...well yeah, I see your point

Old 07-09-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I know there are some die-hard Heat fans, but the rest are mostly bandwagoners. The Arena has not been full since they won the championship. Looking at LA, NY, Boston, Detroit, Chicago, even Atlanta, you can see there are real fans in those markets. People going to a Heat game go "just cause", or because it's the "in thing" to do. Now that these 3 guys are in Miami, attendance will change. (Again, thanks to the bandwagoners. People claiming they were Heat fans from the Seikaly days... Yeah right)

The Knicks has/had a mediocre team at best, yet Madison Square Garden is always almost packed to capacity. From what I hear, season Knicks tickets for 2010-2011 season are moving pretty fast. Even with Wade/Bosh/James, the Heat tickets cannot sell as fast.

To be honest, Miami is not a basketball town. This is football and baseball town.
Miami? if basketball is number one here than it's definetly second next to football, than baseball comes third. And like I posted on an earlier post replying to one your posts, yeah most WERE bandwagon fans but no longer is the case and way before this whole Wade/Lebron thing, yeah there are still bandwagon fans, but like I said in one of the earlier posts as well, Miami is young and so is it's sport teams. On another note, Atlanta? pfff not at all. And Heat fans "just cause" or it's the "in thing?" Lmao, those are most of the Broward and Palm Beach fans and some of the young non basketball fans that are just going because their friends are going.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:32 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
You mean like the Hawks fans who booed their own team when they were swept out of the playoffs?
Joe Johnson booed as Hawks swept by Magic - Chicago Breaking Sports (http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/05/joe-johnson-booed-as-hawks-swept-by-magic.html - broken link)

Or the Boston fans that cheered "NY Knicks" when they were about to beat Cleveland?
New York Knicks, New York Knicks!

Lastly, how about the A-listers who frequent all of the Laker games, funny how so many celebrities just love basketball and aren't looking for a photo op.
NBA.com - Top 10 Celebrity Lakers Fans

Those are the real fans compared to Miami's? To me those are the most bandwagon teams out there. People will buy a Knicks, Celts or Lakers jersey just because it says Kobe or somethin' silly on the back of it.
You're wrong. Have you ever set foot at the Staples Center or Madison Square Garden, during the regular season? Be honest. I have, and it is not the same as the American Airline arena. One any given day, you will find people filling up these arenas. Miami, not quite. I did say, from now on, we'll see more people going. HENCE BANDWAGONISM!!!!

Also the LA Lakers and NY Knicks monetary values are rated @ first and second. Miami Heat's value is placed at #12. That says a lot.

Quote:
Now don't get me wrong, LA has die-hard Laker fans, but the things I put in bold pretty much describe the Laker fanbase as well. A lot of people in Los Angeles go to Laker games just to be seen.
Not true. Like someone else said, they're older cities, with a bigger basketball core to begin with. That alone makes it harder for you to prove that LA Lakers fans are bandwagon jumpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLee1 View Post
I don't know about all that, I don't think Lebron is going to be second option, I think that D Wade and Lebron will be both co captians and leaders, I don't think anyone will have the actual number one spot and main captain, if it does happen I'm sure it will after they have all talked and come to an agreement. And the Heat not having real fans doesn't mean anything. What does that have to do with anything? But just to clarify, the Heat does have real fans, a lot of years ago yeah most were bandwagon fans but now they have real fans and every year they get more and more and are the REAL ones, that no matter what, win or lose they are right there behind them.
Please. Since the Heat's 2006 championship, attendance has declined. Let's be real here.

Quote:
The arena is almost always full or at least enough people. And yeah, those teams have had real fans no matter what for a long time now because of many reasons, one being their cities are older, and their basketball teams have a richer history.
Now we're getting somewhere. You're starting to make sense.

Quote:
What are you trying to say here that since there are a lot of Latins in Miami that Lebron will go crazy trying to chase them and wife one of them? or are you trying to imply sluts? because in Miami most of the sluts are White and Black girls and of course most of the tourists.
Please, don't embarrass yourself . Latin women are known as the "caliente women" for a reason. We know looks is one aspect of why they're known as "caliente", and the rest, the world knows.

Brazil, DR, Colombia and other Latin countries sex tourism flourish there for a reason. Latin women are worse than white and black women combined. You went there, so did I, dude.

If you want to start another thread about it, do it in the politics forums. We'll see what you come up with.

Quote:
Miami vs Boston now is going to be crazy, any teams with stars like that against each other is going to crazy. The Heat's three is better than the Celtic's three though, Wade and Lebron are both two of the best in the league and the top of the top, but in the Celtic's, Garnett is the only one that is top of the top, Ray Allen is good but not up there enough and same with Bosh, Pierce is under all of them though. Miami's three seems better and more star studded.
You forgot one thing. The Heat does not have a bench. Without a bench, you're not worth much. Why do you think Boston, LA and Orlando are top contenders? Because of their bench, my friend. Why do you think Pat Riley is trying to do whatever he can now to build one?

Quote:
Miami? if basketball is number one here than it's definetly second next to football, than baseball comes third. And like I posted on an earlier post replying to one your posts, yeah most WERE bandwagon fans but no longer is the case and way before this whole Wade/Lebron thing, yeah there are still bandwagon fans, but like I said in one of the earlier posts as well, Miami is young and so is it's sport teams. On another note, Atlanta? pfff not at all. And Heat fans "just cause" or it's the "in thing?" Lmao, those are most of the Broward and Palm Beach fans and some of the young non basketball fans that are just going because their friends are going.
Prove your last statement. And of course, if tickets are selling like hotcakes now, it's because of the bandwagon fans. Why weren't they selling before then? Let's be real. The world of Basketball knows Miami has a fickle fanbase. Don't try to deny it. If they never sold like this, it's because of people jumping on the bandwagon. You know it, I know it. If you're a Heat fan, fine, but don't deny that most people who are now humping the Heat's legs are bandwagoners....

And again, this is Football territory, followed by Baseball, or Beisbol for some.. Basketball comes in 3rd position.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
Miami doesnt have real fans cause a lot of jews in south Florida's dads are from nyc and are Knicks fans so there Knicks fans
Lmfao!

Old 07-09-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Sometimes real fans can't afford tickets. There were plenty of times that I sat in the 15 dollar bleacher seats in the Bronx and talked to knowledgable Yankee fans. Whereas you go to the seats behind home plate and people are texting on their cell phones and eating sushi. I understand that Miami has bandwagon fans, but what city doesn't? I'm sure Heat tickets have skyrocketed since last night, seriously if the Heat don't sellout all of the games next year, that would be very surprising.
True, true and true. Very good and accurate post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami