Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 09:28 PM

398 posts, read 1,331,246 times

Advertisements

Its definately gonna help bring up Miami's economy..Congrats!! Miami is one of my favorite cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 09:55 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGuy View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Boston area is still the tops. NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL... they are having it all the past decade. Boston defines die-hard. From what I've seen in the past, with exception of Dolphins, most of Miami is a band-wagon fans - root for them when they're good, forget about them when they're bad.
I dont think this topic is about Miami being the best sports city. Most people know (exception of Dolphins) Miami fans are not the best, but this team might change that for the Heat as they now build a legacy only the Dolphins and Hurricanes here have tradition and of course this is Florida we live and breath football but the Heat will challenge that a bit.
You Boston fans always taking things like that, really its not Boston its NYC PHL and Chicago too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
Remember, there are other great teams with great players, and we haven't won a single game with the Miami Heat "dream team" yet. OK, Miami will benefit, and I do expect a good season, but we're not to the Finals yet! Is it me, or is "Yes we did" a bit premature?
Well there is no doubt in my mind as long as people stay healthy the Heat will make the Finals and face the Lakers but the Lakers are mightly good and that will be fun to watch. The "yes we did" is just about the Heat doing the three biggest signings in Major Pro Sports History!

Old 08-06-2010, 06:25 AM

51 posts, read 80,760 times
So what do we think of the Fins chances this comming season?

Old 08-06-2010, 07:36 AM

46 posts, read 128,761 times
I never get the obsession with sports...it's just a bunch of strangers playing sports while you watch...how that could be interesting is beyond me.....wouldn't you just rather do it yourself...

Old 08-06-2010, 08:14 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
^^^ +1

Old 08-06-2010, 10:27 AM

1,946 posts, read 5,382,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj1990 View Post
I never get the obsession with sports...it's just a bunch of strangers playing sports while you watch...how that could be interesting is beyond me.....wouldn't you just rather do it yourself...
It's entertainment. Just like people acting out fictional situations on a TV show is entertainment, or listening to someone perform music is entertainment.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:28 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,281 times
Miami and the whole SoFla area is definitely not lacking in sports teams. And most of the teams have actually been pretty successful over the years, but I'm still concerned about attendance. Obviously the Heat won't have to worry about attendance now they should have sellouts for years with this team. And it seems like everyone loves football so the Dolphins don't need to worry either. The Panthers could use some help but they still get their sellouts as well. It's really the Marlins I'm talking about, I hope with this new ballpark brings increased attendance.

Last edited by clean_polo; 08-06-2010 at 11:41 AM..

Old 08-06-2010, 11:44 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1772 View Post
Why hasn't FIU Golden Panthers picked up any popularity?
FIU always gets overshadowed by The U.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:49 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,382,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Miami and the whole SoFla area is definitely not lacking in sports teams. And most of the teams have actually been pretty successful over the years, but I'm still concerned about attendance. Obviously the Heat won't have to worry about attendance now they should have sellouts for years with this team. And it seems like everyone loves football so the Dolphins don't need to worry either. The Panthers could use some help but they still get their sellouts as well. It's really the Marlins I'm talking about, I hope with this new ballpark brings increased attendance.
The new park might give them a temporary spike but it's going to go back to the doldrums unless they start winning consistently.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:44 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers29 View Post
The new park might give them a temporary spike but it's going to go back to the doldrums unless they start winning consistently.
I agree for the first season the Stadium it self will bring people. However the stadium is very important for other reasons. First with the stadium the Marlins get all the money, drinks food etc.. Marlins do not get all the money as the stadium is owned by the Dolphins.

So with this extra money more players will stay and be signed which means a winning team

However one thing that I think people are overlooking a lot is the ROOF!! No more rain delays! No more 110 Heat Index games. People will show up more because they know that no matter what baseball will be played. In our tropical climate baseball has always needed a dome and now we will have it.

If you build it they will come

As for the Dolphins they have a hard schedule but if Henne plays well they will have one hell of an offensive to try to stop.

The Heat will be one of the greatest NBA teams in history and if everything goes to plane one of the greatest dynasty's in the history of professional sports.

The Panthers: I really dont care, hopefully they will make the playoffs next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami