Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:55 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,033,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Because they really dont know how to drive.

Also with so many illegal immigrants driving they all need to be going 25mph under the speed limit because they cant get caught speeding or anything. I HATE the slow drivers here.
Sounds like you need to pay a visit to the illegal immigration forum. Just blame everything on illegal aliens.

Crappy driving skills in Miami have nothing to do with your legal status or ethnicity. Many of the slow drivers are either people on their cellphones texting or talking(about 90%) new drivers(about 5%)and older citizens over 75+(about 5%)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 12:19 PM

2,226 posts, read 5,088,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Because they really dont know how to drive.

Also with so many illegal immigrants driving they all need to be going 25mph under the speed limit because they cant get caught speeding or anything. I HATE the slow drivers here.
----

FlyMIA

Worst drivers are seniors well above 80 and 90 and Impala drivers.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:02 PM

242 posts, read 313,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Sounds like you need to pay a visit to the illegal immigration forum. Just blame everything on illegal aliens.

Crappy driving skills in Miami have nothing to do with your legal status or ethnicity. Many of the slow drivers are either people on their cellphones texting or talking(about 90%) new drivers(about 5%)and older citizens over 75+(about 5%)
The slow drivers are a pain in the ass, but they are not the real problem. It's the reckless ones and they come from all ethnic and social groups present in Miami. They flaunt with the law and with our safety because they can. Florida is notorious for awful drivers. Orlando is almost as bad as Miami.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:04 PM

604 posts, read 851,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiffel65 View Post
Rule #4: Always keep a good amount distance from the car in front...
This can backfire. The thought process seems to be "Oh no, a safe distance between cars! I must close it immediately!"

Quote:
Rule #5: Watch out for anyone in Miami driving either a Honda Civic, Chevrolet Impala, Infiniti, Ford F150, Dodge Ram, Dodge Charger, Honda Accord or Nissan Altima. For some reason, drivers of these cars are the worst culprits on the road.
These cars are all stolen. Every single one of them.

Quote:
Rule #12:...Most of the police (particularly Miami-Dade cops) drive just as awfully as the civilians....
I think it's the other way around. If you see the cops driving terribly, the natural inclination is to think, "He can't give me a ticket if HE does it!"

Quote:
Rule #13: If you...allow another driver to pull out or pull in front of you, do not ever expect any thanks for it.
But you can expect the five cars behind him to take this as their opportunity to barge in front of you.

It does seem like a lot of people got their driving lessons by watching "The Fast and the Furious," doesn't it?

Old 07-14-2010, 09:31 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,282,543 times

Come on over here and drive in midtown Manhattan or head down south towards the North Carolina/Southern Virginia area and then we'll talk. It's like a Sunday drive in Miami compared to them.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:38 AM

119 posts, read 247,488 times
If you leave too much room between you and the car in front of you, 10 other cars will take it as a signal to pass you and get in front of you.

Sometimes I wish I could equip my car with some emp's, rockets and road tacks.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:51 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,283,214 times
I've got one:
When you are on a lane that has another lane merge into it people who are alrready merged will often cut out into the merge lane and zoom up to the last merge point and then cut back into their original lane. All this just to get a few cars ahead.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:43 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,095,654 times
Did someone else already mention cars backing up in reverse on the expressway (travel lanes, not shoulder) to go back to a missed exit? Seen it three times on the Palmetto....

Old 07-15-2010, 06:30 PM

245 posts, read 659,019 times
Very funny, but I've seen all the stuff described here and worse in other cities around the country/ world
Is driving here crazy???? I would say yes, it took me about a month to get used to it...........I personally think the most dangerous people are the ones that drive slow in the fast lane and REFUSE to move.............my 2 cents..

Old 07-15-2010, 06:42 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,150,240 times
^^^ compared to world standards Miami is a walk in the park; we are talking America wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami