U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 12:13 PM

470 posts, read 639,419 times
Default Proposed and approved projects in Miami

I was just checking about around the net about some Miami projects. What I am surprised and pissed of at, is how many HUGE, and major projects havn't been approved yet, but not as huge and not as major projects have been approved already. Just plain dumb. Just on skyscraper talk, how havn't the freakin' EMPIRE WORLD TOWERS not even been approved yet but other things that are enormously not as huge and major as this have : smack:! Let's keep going, how hasn't Miami World Center, which is one of the BIGGEST projects in the history of the United States, not been approved yet, but things that are crap have been and things that are not even close to this have been approved? !

Also, how the hell has things that have been approved for SOME time now, still havn't brokeground? One Bayfront Plaza, helloooo, what the hell is going on here. The sooner they breakground the sooner it will be done. Also, that means more jobs and everything else. What the hell for real. SMH!

EDIT: Oh, let me keep going here. The Anderson Opera Center Tower, the Omni West and East Towers, which the Omni area is in deep need of help. SMH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 12:16 PM

2,243 posts, read 4,402,094 times
Oh my; I read this topic and I thought that you were going to talk about housing projects. Funding falls through all of the time; especially in South Florida. Welcome to the world of venture capital.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:22 PM

470 posts, read 639,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
Oh my; I read this topic and I thought that you were going to talk about housing projects. Funding falls through all of the time; especially in South Florida. Welcome to the world of venture capital.
Yeah, I know, but like someone said before, it's all about priorities. If the commission isn't doing and thinking everything right right now, we should defitnetly do something about it. I mean, honestly, Miami is probably number one right now in the States for what is going on and being proposed. Mass transit and being urban are also musts and in the top list. I'm definetly emailing them today.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:28 PM

3,732 posts, read 4,124,160 times
It's probably because of the recession. You'll most likely see some of these projects approved once everything is back on track. You can't expect Miami to be Manhattan overnight, Miami is a young city, you have to give it time.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:32 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,310,650 times
All of those mega projects that were proposed before the bubble popped will never, ever see the light of day ever again. Its one thing to get approval, but quite another to have the funding scraped together. The excess housing inventory in Miami will take years and years to get down to an acceptable vacancy rate. We will never see an astronomical expansion like Miami had again in our lifetimes.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:45 PM

3,732 posts, read 4,124,160 times
I still think they'll build One Bayfront Plaza though. And if they do, that is definitely all Miami really needs, that building would be like the cherry ontop of the cupcake.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:47 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,799,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
All of those mega projects that were proposed before the bubble popped will never, ever see the light of day ever again. Its one thing to get approval, but quite another to have the funding scraped together. The excess housing inventory in Miami will take years and years to get down to an acceptable vacancy rate. We will never see an astronomical expansion like Miami had again in our lifetimes.
Actually the occupancy rates are pretty decent now as the housing crisis allowed many of the condos to go pretty low in price. But I otherwise agree, all this new construction didn't bode well for the real estate market on the whole.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:29 PM

4,732 posts, read 4,384,419 times
One bayfront plaza
city square

Old 07-23-2010, 08:58 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,294,046 times
one bayfront is supposed to start late 2011

Old 07-23-2010, 09:18 PM

3,219 posts, read 3,713,740 times
Regardless of the real estate market, the city shouldn't go willy nilly approving things. Miami is a rare opportunity. It has the potential to be a world class city and it also has the history of other cities to review so it doesn't have to go through the trial and error they went through.

Any project needs to be carefully reviewed to ensure it gives the best return to South Florida and the city of Miami. It's easier to do it right from the start than to try and go back to repair mistakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami