Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:23 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,398,459 times

Advertisements

are the cuban and haitian relationships very close like the black american and puerto rican relationship is in nyc??

how high or low is the interracial relationship in Miami between Cubans and Haitians since both are one of the top 2 biggest ethnic groups in the city and county?

Old 08-05-2010, 11:50 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,130,934 times
I would say they are nothing like the Black and Puerto Rican relationships of NYC. There are almost no Cuban-Haitian relationships that I have ever seen...they would be a rarity.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:25 PM

170 posts, read 450,180 times
Cubans consider themselves superior to even whites. So I doubt you'd see a Cuban/Haitian couple anywhere.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:34 PM

798 posts, read 1,459,207 times
Cubans have a low self steem masked with superiority complex, as a consequence; they wouldn't never accept any other ppl from other countries except them. Moreover, they are racists which it's funny considering that most of them got a black and mullato background.

On the other hand, Haitians are humble, hardworking and friendly people if u know treat them with respect.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:48 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,190,745 times
wtf? Are people in this forum allowed to say such things about Cubans? lol

Old 08-05-2010, 01:52 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,057,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
are the cuban and haitian relationships very close like the black american and puerto rican relationship is in nyc??

how high or low is the interracial relationship in Miami between Cubans and Haitians since both are one of the top 2 biggest ethnic groups in the city and county?
I have never seen this kind of relationship, it's not that common. Most interracial relationships I have seen in Miami are Jamaicans with whites or hispanics (usually not Cubans, but I actually know a Cuban/Jamaican couple) Puerto Ricans in general tend to date more blacks that any other hispanic nationality. I have noticed though that those PR that grow up here in Miami tend not to date black people. It's mostly PR from NY or even Orlando.

but then again hispanic is not a race...

Old 08-05-2010, 01:54 PM

615 posts, read 1,675,583 times
Such generalizations

That's like saying that all minorities carry a knife and/or gun, uneducated, drug dealers or live off welfare! Blah....just date and get to know people for who they are not their ethnicity.

I have Cuban (and other groups) friends who have dated outside of their "own", and do not possess a superiority complex. There are all types of personalities in ALL ethnicities.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:53 PM

433 posts, read 952,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
wtf? Are people in this forum allowed to say such things about Cubans? lol

LMAO, LMAO, Now, I’m really considering that Cuban-Americans has completely assimilated into the big white America. LMAO, Cuban-Americans seems to be in the same group as non-Hispanics whites, they can be blamed of racist, members of the KKK, and such. But they are prohibited to talk about race, culture, or ethnicity without someone giving you the same look that a Blonde American gets when says something that is not politically correct on the eyes of the NAACP, the ACLU, or Univision.

Either way, I have never seen a Cuban-Haitian relationship but I have seen a few Cuban-with-other- Caribbean-nationality relationships (outside of PR, and DR); most common with Jamaicans, mostly, Cuban male with Jamaican female. I could think of three reasons to justify the OP question. First, the Haitian and Cuban communities move in different social circles though this may be changing because the increment of Haitians in South Florida universities. Second, the culture is totally different and we know what that’s mean, different perceptions of life, family, pursuit of happiness, you name it. Third, oh mine, the issue of race; some Cubans do not date Haitians because there is the idea that mixing with people of darker complexion is a step backward in the food chain; some Cubans do not date Haitians because superiority complex think of KKK, Nazi stuffs, and some Cubans just do not date Haitians because, how can I say it? oh, aesthetics reasons.

Last edited by Thomas Jefferson; 08-05-2010 at 03:28 PM..

Old 08-05-2010, 03:19 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,398,459 times
O WOW THATS CRAZY

well i have seen pics of a rican girls messing with those fools in the zoe pound gangs on relationship status.

but how about the other latinos eventually Haitians or Jamaicans would have to date one since Miami is strongly majority latino.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:27 PM

433 posts, read 952,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post

First question; No, the only Hispanic group that I have seen that has bonded so well with the Black community is the Puerto Rican from the Northeast. I think, it has to be with the civil revolution of the 60's when both groups joined to fight against the racial issues of that era. You know, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Second question; see my prior post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami