Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:13 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,107,982 times

Advertisements

Valicky

Cuba is more racist now than before and racism increases as whites dwindle and retrench. More and more traditional white enclaves such as La Vibora and Santo Suarez are being engulfed by "el chapapote".

People with some money are paying large amounts to "permutar" to a safe place, to flee from witchcraft, chusmeria and constant robberies.

There are no exclusive white areas anymore, such areas existed only 5 or 10 years ago.

Communism increases racism, look at the USSR.

The communists and top shots that live in former gated communities from the 50's want to close them, but it goes against all their s.h.i.t.t.y propaganda, quite funny.

Former clubs are segregated again, they let in a couple or three on Sundays.

Last edited by Manolón; 06-19-2011 at 06:26 AM..

Old 06-19-2011, 09:25 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
Valicky

Cuba is more racist now than before and racism increases as whites dwindle and retrench. More and more traditional white enclaves such as La Vibora and Santo Suarez are being engulfed by "el chapapote".

People with some money are paying large amounts to "permutar" to a safe place, to flee from witchcraft, chusmeria and constant robberies.

There are no exclusive white areas anymore, such areas existed only 5 or 10 years ago.

The communists and top shots that live in former gated communities from the 50's want to close them, but it goes against all their s.h.i.t.t.y propaganda, quite funny.

Exactly.

Not trying to be racist but as long as Interracial relationships continue to grow, the White population will continue to go down.

Cuba is already a black-dominated country.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:43 AM

433 posts, read 953,134 times
Quote:
Valicky

I do not know Manolon, I never see racism in Cuba except when it comes to dating. Yes Whiteys are diminshing by the day but I cannot blame them. I see the situation in Cuba somehow similar to what happened in 60s-70s in the US with White Flights. White People are leaving becasue they have the means, the family in the US, or Spanish citizenship. Add to that, 50's years of Fidel cursing about how bad Black People have it outside Cuba. Just look at how many Black Cubans are in Miami. I know only two.

Besides, you are telling me there arent no white areas, go to Varadero or to the country, especially in Central Cuba. Uff, white people are majority in the Country.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:49 AM

Jack

Among the emerging "Middle class" and "Nomenklatura", interracial relationships do not exist. I guess it's the shortest way to social ostracism.

Among poor and destitute people, yes, you might see mixed couples.

In any "Middle Class" setting, the only mixed couples you see are foreigners.

Lots of Canadians, Italians, Spanish, Russians, some American from the "Liberal Academia", etc.

No, not a black-dominated country at all. They had more political clout before communism.

Batista was a mulatto and he was always surrounded by blacks, mulattoes, etc.

Last edited by Manolón; 06-19-2011 at 10:16 AM..

Old 06-19-2011, 10:02 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,387 times
Quote:
Jack

Among the emerging "Middle class" and "Nomenklatura", interracial relationships do not exist. I guess it's the shortest way to social ostracism.

Among poor and destitute people, yes, you might see mixed couples.

In any "Middle Class" setting, the only mixed couples you see are foreigners.

No, not a black-dominated country at all. They had more political clout before communism.

Batista was a mulatto and he was always surrounded by blacks, mulattoes, etc.

thats amusing because growing up in california there was really only one way to be socially ostracised and that was to have any sort of racist tendencies or lose your cool frequently.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
I do not know Manolon, I never see racism in Cuba except when it comes to dating. Yes Whiteys are diminshing by the day but I cannot blame them. I see the situation in Cuba somehow similar to what happened in 60s-70s in the US with White Flights. White People are leaving becasue they have the means, the family in the US, or Spanish citizenship. Add to that, 50's years of Fidel cursing about how bad Black People have it outside Cuba. Just look at how many Black Cubans are in Miami. I know only two.

Besides, you are telling me there arent no white areas, go to Varadero or to the country, especially in Central Cuba. Uff, white people are majority in the Country.

I'm talking about white areas in Havana, now you find plenty of blacks even in Miramar, everywhere.

Yes, countryside is white.

Recently I was in the third city, Holguin, almost no blacks or mulattoes.

Population is decreasing, getting older.

White peasants are now calling the shots thanks to the "agricultural free market".

Old 06-19-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
thats amusing because growing up in california there was really only one way to be socially ostracised and that was to have any sort of racist tendencies or lose your cool frequently.

----

In Cuba, formal Racism is a crime.
No expressions of racism are allowed in the media, and they always put a black at any political gathering, etc.
They invite Black Panthers, etc...
They are always accusing Americans of being racists...
But of course, as in any communist country nothing is what it seems.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:01 PM

73 posts, read 113,769 times
Getting back on topic (you fellas there should start a new White Cuba thread), the kind of hispanics that live in Miami are the arrogant and ignorant kind. The kind that refuse to assimilate and respect laws and the country they were so lucky to immigrate to. If you want to find a higher quality population of hispanics you would have to go to New York, Chicago, Dallas, San Diego or San Francisco. I'm on the fence about LA, but compared to Miami, there are more educated hispanics there than Miami.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:09 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,387 times
i think its because LA isnt terribly corrupt. hispanics there know you can play the game there and win. here you have to resort to shady roundabout ways of becoming successful. also LAPD is always nearby and ready to beat you into submission if you dont play nicely with others. 'dont taze me bro!'

Old 06-19-2011, 02:08 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times
Cuban migration to Miami - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami