U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 01:24 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,419,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers29 View Post
I suppose it depends on one's personal experience--less expensive apartment complexes (I'm referring to <$1000/month in rent or so) can often be rife with break-ins because while most people who live there aren't criminals some of them keep shady company that are. I've personally never had my car broken into, but I've lived in apartment complexes where it has been a problem. I think that's just a general issue with apartment complexes though--and because West Kendall has a lot of them, it's going to be something the community deals with more.

I could not agree more with the statement about the company one keeps... ive had a similar experience a few years ago one of my neighbors was a thug and the people at his place were shady and there were many break ins around the block and then one day the kid got shot and killed and the family moved out and guess what no more break-ins
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 01:46 PM

4,741 posts, read 4,801,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
I could not agree more with the statement about the company one keeps... ive had a similar experience a few years ago one of my neighbors was a thug and the people at his place were shady and there were many break ins around the block and then one day the kid got shot and killed and the family moved out and guess what no more break-ins
OFF TOPIC

I'm glad that guy got killed

Old 09-01-2010, 05:38 PM

3,369 posts, read 7,515,097 times
I have read about some of the crime in West Kendall over the last year and it is alarming to me. Where exactly is all this crime taking place? I would never guess that the modest apartment complexes in Kendale Lakes / The Hammocks would be hotbeds of crime. I haven't been west of 137th Avenue in quite a while, so if the area has really changed for the worse in the last few years, I wouldn't really know it. I really hope that West Kendall isn't developing a bad reputation in general, because there are still some very nice neighborhoods around there (Calusa Country Club, The Crossings, etc. is where I know best)

Old 09-01-2010, 11:00 PM

1,894 posts, read 3,018,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I have read about some of the crime in West Kendall over the last year and it is alarming to me. Where exactly is all this crime taking place? I would never guess that the modest apartment complexes in Kendale Lakes / The Hammocks would be hotbeds of crime. I haven't been west of 137th Avenue in quite a while, so if the area has really changed for the worse in the last few years, I wouldn't really know it. I really hope that West Kendall isn't developing a bad reputation in general, because there are still some very nice neighborhoods around there (Calusa Country Club, The Crossings, etc. is where I know best)
That's the one point I'm trying to make--not trying to gloss over these recent incidents if it's a developing trend, but you wouldn't know it's a problem just by driving around the neighborhoods. I think it's a relative handful of teenagers causing the issues, but just a few incidents is enough to cause a stir unfortunately.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:39 AM

810 posts, read 820,609 times
SomebodyinMiami is right this girl knows miami very well. Someone stole my Daddy yankee CD from my car while I was visiting my friends in Kendall two years ago.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
SomebodyinMiami is right this girl knows miami very well. Someone stole my Daddy yankee CD from my car while I was visiting my friends in Kendall two years ago.
Maybe your friends took it.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:19 AM

810 posts, read 820,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Maybe your friends took it.
well they're from kendall so basically the same thing.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:24 AM

And you are from Hialeah

Old 09-02-2010, 08:36 AM

1,080 posts, read 2,419,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post

not a chick lol, why would you assume that? and when i use to live in Hialeah my bros' car was broken into and his CD's stolen, but then again i know people who do that type of stuff and steal cars, so i guess karma?

Old 09-05-2010, 05:10 AM

2,228 posts, read 2,539,531 times
Winter

West Kendall is the Falls Area?
When I lived there, there were kids smoking pot and running with doctored mopeds, not bad kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami