U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 09-07-2010, 06:43 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,455,526 times
Fall is nice and a cold, snowy Christmas & New Year is fun too.

Ideally it would be in the low 80's to upper 70's with 40-50% humidity or so until November... November would be in the upper 60's with fall color, pumpkins, etc. December and the first few days of January would be in the 30's with snow at Christmas and New Years. Then on January 2nd it would be back to the upper 70's, low 80's, warming up to the upper 80's, low 90's in June and going until late September/early October.

Don't I wish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-08-2010, 06:46 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,813,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post

Ideally it would be in the low 80's to upper 70's with 40-50% humidity or so until November... November would be in the upper 60's with fall color, pumpkins, etc. December and the first few days of January would be in the 30's with snow at Christmas and New Years. Then on January 2nd it would be back to the upper 70's, low 80's, warming up to the upper 80's, low 90's in June and going until late September/early October.

Don't I wish
LOL - that is a dream that I am sharing with you except I would like a shorter span of 90's.

Unread 09-08-2010, 07:26 AM

6,585 posts, read 9,731,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post

Don't I wish
can we knock the humidity back in your dream situation during the 90% days to say 20%? If so, count me on board.

Unread 09-08-2010, 08:43 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,455,526 times
Alright, I'll make those concession if you both help me build the bubble we'll need to build in order to achieve this. LOL

Unread 09-08-2010, 12:05 PM

787 posts, read 914,460 times
Again, to each their own; however, I do think there is a bias in some people who THINK the holidays are just not the "same" in a warmer climate.

For those of us raised in the U.S., in school we are fed these images of Thanksgiving with pilgrims and native americans in New England. I think that translates into assocations with how the holidays should be spent (i.e., in the cold).

I don't buy it. There is nothing written in stone that says the holidays are only "real" in a cold climate. Again, the Australians spend Xmas on the beach....it's their high warm season. It's how you've been conditioned.....if you grew up down under your perspective might be quite different.

Unread 09-08-2010, 12:42 PM

1,847 posts, read 2,661,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
Again, to each their own; however, I do think there is a bias in some people who THINK the holidays are just not the "same" in a warmer climate.

For those of us raised in the U.S., in school we are fed these images of Thanksgiving with pilgrims and native americans in New England. I think that translates into assocations with how the holidays should be spent (i.e., in the cold).

I don't buy it. There is nothing written in stone that says the holidays are only "real" in a cold climate. Again, the Australians spend Xmas on the beach....it's their high warm season. It's how you've been conditioned.....if you grew up down under your perspective might be quite different.
I agree. Was just having a similar thought while driving today in the 90+ degree heat--I felt odd longing for the end of summer as one is conditioned to yearn for summer growing up (since it means the end of the school year).

Unread 09-08-2010, 12:52 PM

811 posts, read 716,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post

Don't you know? Christ-mas celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ, when Jesus was born, the shepherds were building snowmen while they watch their flock. Even Santa watched Christ birth's and brought him gifts he dropped besides a a lightened pine tree. So no snow no christmas.

Unread 09-08-2010, 01:40 PM

787 posts, read 914,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
Don't you know? Christ-mas celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ, when Jesus was born, the shepherds were building snowmen while they watch their flock. Even Santa watched Christ birth's and brought him gifts he dropped besides a a lightened pine tree. So no snow no christmas.
Good point!! LOL....

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:59 PM

10,228 posts, read 4,715,508 times
I live in New Jersey so as you would expect, I associate the holidays with cold weather.

I spent a Thanksgiving in South Florida and while it was nice, it just wasn't the same. I'd rather be indoors on a cold, cloudy day eating turkey and watching football up north than sitting by a pool in Florida in 80 degree weather.

Everyone has their own preferences. To each his own.

Unread 09-10-2010, 02:53 AM

59 posts, read 85,857 times
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays..., Unfortunately, since most years, it's still too hot & humid at the end of October to put on a really creative Halloween costume, I go up north where I can go all out & not faint from heat exhaustion. Unless I decide on a costume that requires very light clothing & little to no covering up. On the flip side to that..., the girls are alot more comfortable in extremely skimpy outfits than they would be somewhere up north where it's much cooler, especially at night. Trust me, wearing a furry costume is no fun when it's 80-85 degrees as the LOW temp w/ 70-80% humidity. (At Night !!!)...,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami