Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:01 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times

Advertisements

California has many laws that protect the employees and californians there tend to abuse them. It is not a problem with professionals but with blue collar and sales and service employees which is a huge pertantage of the labor force. It's just easier for employers to move somewhere else.

Miami also has a productivity problem but it's not as bad as California. Many people love to abuse their benefits, fake disabilities and illness, and in general don't really care about doing their job right when they bother to show up to work.

So I would California in general has the worst job market based on unemployment numbers and workforce quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 12:07 PM

437 posts, read 811,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
California has many laws that protect the employees and californians there tend to abuse them. It is not a problem with professionals but with blue collar and sales and service employees which is a huge pertantage of the labor force. It's just easier for employers to move somewhere else.

Miami also has a productivity problem but it's not as bad as California. Many people love to abuse their benefits, fake disabilities and illness, and in general don't really care about doing their job right when they bother to show up to work.

So I would California in general has the worst job market based on unemployment numbers and workforce quality.
but Florida economy is not diverse and there is only hospitality and health care here what do you mean by that . Miami job market is only catered to Latin America is hard for regular people to survive here

Old 10-20-2010, 12:18 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter441 View Post
but Florida economy is not diverse and there is only hospitality and health care here what do you mean by that . Miami job market is only catered to Latin America is hard for regular people to survive here
It's much easier than California for sure, we have less unemployment and more affordable housing. However, any place is hard if you don't have a job that can pay your bills. I think people should go where the jobs are, and that depends on your skills and being at the right place at the right time. I was just speaking from an employer's perspective and I don't think it's totally unheard of that many companies have left California and move their operations to cheaper states. I like California but I despise their labor laws and the lack of work ethics of many Californians.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
It's much easier than California for sure, we have less unemployment and more affordable housing. However, any place is hard if you don't have a job that can pay your bills. I think people should go where the jobs are, and that depends on your skills and being at the right place at the right time. I was just speaking from an employer's perspective and I don't think it's totally unheard of that many companies have left California and move their operations to cheaper states. I like California but I despise their labor laws and the lack of work ethics of many Californians.
this place used to be swamp and Florida is design for retirement and tourist state . The State want it that way for good and check the latest employment data online . Miami is ranked highest in the nation for finding jobs .

Old 10-21-2010, 04:11 PM

514 posts, read 765,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
California's economy will have tough times for many years, you don't imagine the situation there, and the very high taxes.
The best economies in the country in 2010 (jobs, growth) =
-Texas
-DC
-Virginia

Try these states, it's safer.

I can imagine the situation in CA because I LIVE HERE! Most of us are doing fine. I know my family is. Who are you, a little Frenchman/Texaphile, to tell people where to go and not go. You're the one who raves about ND, SD and Wyoming. You have no credibility over here.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:47 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan in san diego View Post
I can imagine the situation in CA because I LIVE HERE! Most of us are doing fine. I know my family is. Who are you, a little Frenchman/Texaphile, to tell people where to go and not go. You're the one who raves about ND, SD and Wyoming. You have no credibility over here.
Yeah, the truth isn't easy to heard
ND,SD are clearly the best states about the economy, for the moment

Old 10-23-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
Yeah, the truth isn't easy to heard
ND,SD are clearly the best states about the economy, for the moment
California is the 8th largest economy in the world the State itself .. I am confident California will bounce back . California is way ahead in terms of its economy structures , hi tech mind and lifestyle etc .. What does ND , Wyoming and SD have farms and minerals production ? and cold mountains to suffer in the cold

Old 10-23-2010, 08:17 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
California is the 8th largest economy in the world the State itself .. I am confident California will bounce back . California is way ahead in terms of its economy structures , hi tech mind and lifestyle etc .. What does ND , Wyoming and SD have farms and minerals production ? and cold mountains to suffer in the cold
It gets cold in many areas of California you know, there are many farms, mineral production, and mountains.

Mexico is the 11th largest economy in the world, I do not see people fleeing there, actually, quite the opposite.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
It gets cold in many areas of California you know, there are many farms, mineral production, and mountains.

Mexico is the 11th largest economy in the world, I do not see people fleeing there, actually, quite the opposite.
lol you are comparing Mexico and California is like comparing bicycles and air planes . The fact is that California is the richest State in the USA of course due to the economy now California is suffering but with it's hi tech mind and business etc California will bounce back ! California just need right people to run the State not just some clowns from Hollywood !

Old 10-23-2010, 10:03 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
lol you are comparing Mexico and California is like comparing bicycles and air planes . The fact is that California is the richest State in the USA of course due to the economy now California is suffering but with it's hi tech mind and business etc California will bounce back ! California just need right people to run the State not just some clowns from Hollywood !
Actually, you are the one who brought the size of the economy as a factor. So I made an accurate analogy that sizes of economies are not a determining factor of quality of life.

We can also rate per capita GDP, which is a good estimate of individual wealth, in which California ranks 10th in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami