U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 07:55 AM

181 posts, read 233,511 times

Advertisements

I know of cases where latinas have married Indians here. The latinas were usually of the mestiza type. If you have a nice personality and are passably good-looking I don't see why not. I have also met Guyanese and Trinidadians of Indian origin that have dated lots of latinas. They seem a little more "cool and exotic" to the girls.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:42 AM

803 posts, read 346,689 times
Okay so I understand the gist of all this, stay away from the White Latinas and it will be all good.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:47 AM

You might even find a white latina that will like you. Don't stay away from anyone. Go for what you find attractive. Good luck!

Old 11-24-2010, 08:50 AM

809 posts, read 1,336,566 times
May I ask what nationality do you prefer? A nice Columbian girl with a darkish tan and fullbodied black hair, or a Nicaraguan with the same features?

Old 11-24-2010, 08:50 AM

310 posts, read 574,859 times
I am astonished everytime I hear the word "latino" or "latina" or "latinos" in general pronounced by somebody in USA who is anglo american ( the so called "whites" )
The lack of true culture about the World civilization, history , etnicity and linguistic ( filology ) that "angloamericans" have is enormous. I do not know what they are tought about that in their school system of USA.
Latino or latinos are people originally from Latium , the italian region where Rome is located. Is evident that the romans in the Ancient Roman Empire influenced with their latin languaje the different languages spoken by all the natives and peoples who lived at those times in the Roman colonies, but it does not mean that those peoples and descendents have to be "latinos". Etnically are not latinos, and in consequence niether the spanish people in Spain and their descendents in the former spanish colonies in America are niether latinos.
In Miami are living different communities compound by cubans ( majority) colombians, nicaraguans, venezuelans, puerto ricans, guatemalans, argentinians, chileans, peruvians, dominicans ( Santo Domingo) mexicans, salvadorians, costaricans, panamenians, ecuatorians, etc, etc, etc, and those peoples are not latinos, they are "hispanics" because they descend from the spanish conquerors and coloners from Spain. The true spanish people are the ones from Spain, and their descendents in America are "hispanics" , not "latinos" .
I think is time to have a little knowleagment in the classrooms of United States of America of the real meaning of "spanish", "hispanic", and "latinos" or "latin" for not to stereotype anymore the people who speak spanish language in United States of America, specifically in south Florida.
If we like our diversity in USA , it is time to start to understant what means that diversity for the good of everyone.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:59 AM

The guy just wanted to know if dating a latin girl in Miami is going to be an issue, not the etymology of the word Latino. I am not just going to call people from the Rome region of Italy latinos. Everyone calls latins/hispanics Latinos. Even in Latin America. Latin Americans call all Asians "Chinos" and people from the Middle East are all "Turcos" [Turks] etc...Let's stick to the subject.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:39 AM

2,940 posts, read 4,005,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Ace587

Yeah, now that I think about it, I was wrong. There is definitely racial mixing here in the 305. White people from Cuba marrying mulattoes from Cuba. White people from America marrying mestizos from Central America. Whites from Central America marrying mestizos from South America. Mongoloid South Americans marrying whites from South America, Blacks from the Caribbean marrying mestizos from North America, etc.......
LOL

OP I have to side with Winter on this one. Latinas usually don't date outside their ethnicity here in Miami. When they do, they usually date white people. It easier to find a black Latina dating a whiter Hispanic than dating another dark ethnicity.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymbuff View Post
May I ask what nationality do you prefer? A nice Columbian girl with a darkish tan and fullbodied black hair, or a Nicaraguan with the same features?
You see the girl at the center, the one with the sort of Asian like features, that is what I would prefer. Colombian, I mean the girl I went out with was Puerto Rican (we broke up on good terms, kinda hard to be an interracial couple in Arkansas when you are an Indian guy with a Latina that looks extremely White).

http://www.bigtravelweb.com/images/miss-colombia-l.jpg

Old 11-24-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggerhead Shrike View Post
The guy just wanted to know if dating a latin girl in Miami is going to be an issue, not the etymology of the word Latino. I am not just going to call people from the Rome region of Italy latinos. Everyone calls latins/hispanics Latinos. Even in Latin America. Latin Americans call all Asians "Chinos" and people from the Middle East are all "Turcos" [Turks] etc...Let's stick to the subject.
I just wanna know if the Latinas there would date an Indian guy, that is all. I wanna know if they are heavily against it in general or what. And if not Miami then where in the US would I find Latinas who would date an Indian guy.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
LOL

OP I have to side with Winter on this one. Latinas usually don't date outside their ethnicity here in Miami. When they do, they usually date white people. It easier to find a black Latina dating a whiter Hispanic than dating another dark ethnicity.
I disagree with that. I have seen tons of Chinese, Japanese and other East Asian men with Latinas there and TONS AND TONS of Black men with Latinas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami